• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix/Amazon won't load up.

No. Should I be?

FYI - I am troubleshooting by trying to remove programs installed since 3/10 when I first saw these issues. They include updates to Edge, Firefox, Adobe Acrobat 2017 and Your Phone by Microsoft.

I have disabled my virus protections to try to run the program and am trying to configure Avast to put Anysteam on the exceptions list. Not exactly sure how, but doing a lot of Google searches.

The problem definitely seems to be when AS tries to connect to Amazon or Netflix. For whatever reason, it does not connect.

Last edited:
No. Should I be?

FYI - I am troubleshooting by trying to remove programs installed since 3/10 when I first saw these issues. They include updates to Edge, Firefox, Adobe Acrobat 2017 and Your Phone by Microsoft.

I have disabled my virus protections to try to run the program and am trying to configure Avast to put Anysteam on the exceptions list. Not exactly sure how, but doing a lot of Google searches.

The problem definitely seems to be when AS tries to connect to Amazon or Netflix. For whatever reason, it does not connect.

I'd suggest trying a clean boot with networking

Code:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clean-boot-with-networking/9a28be9d-63e8-4f3e-837d-876934d2c4b0

If it works with the clean boot, start adding programs back to see which is the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd suggest trying a clean boot with networking

Code:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clean-boot-with-networking/9a28be9d-63e8-4f3e-837d-876934d2c4b0

If it works with the clean boot, start adding programs back to see which is the problem.
Hmmm, I might have to try "safe mode with networking" on my Win 7 machine to see if it makes a difference with my issues. Not really able to do a new/clean install of Win 7 atm.

Temporarily disable Windows Firewall to see if that one stops the program from retrieving from the net?

Temporarily disable Windows Firewall to see if that one stops the program from retrieving from the net?
I tried that a few days ago, same result. Disney+ works, Netflix and Amazon still doesn't go through for some reason.

Hello RedFox 1. That may be true. The program freezes whenever it tries to connect to Amazon or Netflix. FYI - This is not an issue when I try to connect via web browser. This started about 3 days ago. Any suggestions on what programs may be causing an issue? Or, how to resolve?
I was just guessing, let the developer look at the log file.

Hello RedFox 1 and BuddyFunJet. After more troubleshooting, I am pretty sure this has something to do with my Antivirus (Avast Premium). I'm just not exactly sure yet. I uninstalled Web Companion, which is part of the suite and turned off my antivirus and was able to reinstall and get AS to work. I rebooted the computer and when I went to start AS again, it hung up (not responding). I reinstalled the program and turned off antivirus and was able to get the program to work again. Once the program starts, it works fine when I turn antivirus back on. The problem is every time I reboot my computer, the program hangs and I have to reinstall again. I'm not exactly sure how to get it to work without any issues. My most recent logfile is attached. But, please note, this is after my most recent reinstall.

DatsDaJunt - which antivirus program are you using?

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.9.3.astlog
    315.3 KB · Views: 1
Update - Still troubleshooting. I don't think it is an antivirus issue now, but I have no clue what the issue is. I have gotten AS to work, but have to use the following workaround. When starting up AS, D+ can be the only provider selected. After starting, I have to download from D+. After completing the download, I select the other two providers to add them to the program. I then, can use the program normally. However before I close the program, I have to make sure D+ is the only provider selected. I am able to restart the program, but have to go through the same process again. All of this is done with the antivirus program running in the background. Crossing my fingers hoping this will continue to work.

BuddyFunJet - let me know if this works for you.

Others - any thoughts?

Thanks everyone for trying to help.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.9.3.astlog
    313.5 KB · Views: 1
The developers will look at your log file, thank you for your patience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Update - Still troubleshooting. I don't think it is an antivirus issue now, but I have no clue what the issue is. I have gotten AS to work, but have to use the following workaround. When starting up AS, D+ can be the only provider selected. After starting, I have to download from D+. After completing the download, I select the other two providers to add them to the program. I then, can use the program normally. However before I close the program, I have to make sure D+ is the only provider selected. I am able to restart the program, but have to go through the same process again. All of this is done with the antivirus program running in the background. Crossing my fingers hoping this will continue to work.

Others - any thoughts?

Thanks for posting this, it could definitely help someone. I tried this method to see if it could temporarily solve my issue but it still doesn't load up Netflix or Amazon for me.

Thanks.

How about posting a log file ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Others - any thoughts?

My experience with D+ not loading is limited to when I'm using a VPN. Most times, D+ will not load (Never getting the connecting message) on the first time AS is started after a machine reboot. If I close AS and restart, all goes well from there. Everything works fine with the VPN not active

My completely uninformed guess is that there is a timing issue where the VPN delays something enough to stop the load. The timing may also be an issue with Win 7 or older, slower machines.

Hello RedFox 1. That may be true. The program freezes whenever it tries to connect to Amazon or Netflix. FYI - This is not an issue when I try to connect via web browser. This started about 3 days ago. Any suggestions on what programs may be causing an issue? Or, how to resolve?

For sure do as RF1 says but I might also suggest disabling your anti-virus as a test on one load-up of AS just to see. It's just a thought.

You would have to post a log file, let the developer look at it. Make sure you are using the latest beta 1093 and see if it helps.

Hello RedFox and team. I know this is an older topic, but I was one of the members who had trouble with AS freezing once I clicked on the AZ tab. I would be unable to access AS at all. I would have to go into task manager and shut the program down and then reinstall. After much troubleshooting, virus scans, installing, uninstalling and turning programs on and off, I think I may have isolated the issue. I have a multiple (3) monitor set up. If I start AS in my main display window and click on the AZ tab - there are no issues. If I start AS and open to or click the AZ tab for the first time while in one of the two extended windows - that's when I run into problems. This is still the case in the latest versions and betas. I am posting in case this may be of help to any of the others who had a similar issue.

Hello RedFox and team. I know this is an older topic, but I was one of the members who had trouble with AS freezing once I clicked on the AZ tab. I would be unable to access AS at all. I would have to go into task manager and shut the program down and then reinstall. After much troubleshooting, virus scans, installing, uninstalling and turning programs on and off, I think I may have isolated the issue. I have a multiple (3) monitor set up. If I start AS in my main display window and click on the AZ tab - there are no issues. If I start AS and open to or click the AZ tab for the first time while in one of the two extended windows - that's when I run into problems. This is still the case in the latest versions and betas. I am posting in case this may be of help to any of the others who had a similar issue.
I'm the OP, the crazy thing is Disney+ works without any issues (tab shows/can download) but Netflix still shows a blank screen for me.

Many thanks @AceNubian, this AZ freeze was driving me crazy (reinstalls/reboots etc) until I read your post. I took a look and yes, AS happened to be on my second monitor. Moving it to my main monitor cured the problem so thanks again.

not having any luck with running it on my Windows 7 machine

Hi DatsDaJunt,

As someone with a decent amount of professional IT experience, I can't help but make an honest and friendly recommendation....

Don't use windows 7... for this!

Using Win7 for backwards compatibility or strange lab environments is really not much of a concern, but considering the accounts you're logged into using this application, I can't help but see a possible security concern for you... especially if you're using APV. A vulnerability within Win7 that get's exploited can compromise that account... and perhaps they might purchase a $2,000 NAS... :cool:

If anything, run it in a Virtual Machine using a secure Operating System. Windows 10 is practically free...
There are two free hypervisors available to you if interested:

Hyper-V on Windows 10 It's built-in to Win10, so it can be enabled using PowerShell quite easily
Code:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/hyper-v-on-windows/quick-start/enable-hyper-v

VirtualBox
Code:
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/VirtualBox

Just my 2-cents... I was hesitant on abandoning Win7 until work rolled it out and it eventually grew on me... like a wart, though. :D

Back