• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Multidownload support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, unfortunately there is no more information about that. But the last weeks they worked on Hulu, HBO and the new AS Plus so I doubt there is much progress. Also they do'nt do ETAs, so it is out when it is out. Maybe they could at least leave a hint if they worked on it or not, but all you can do is to wait.
I honestly doubt there's even much progress on any of the requested features.

They don't seem to be doing either, that's the problem. Maybe they don't feel that communication is important, I don't know, but there is no sticky at the top of this forum about AnyStream Plus being released.

Having been here long enough, I can confidently say that they do care. Not only do they respond to individual posts when needed, but they also communicate directly with people in DMs. Maintaining a known issues sticky, and a planned features sticky would go a long way in tamping down the repetitive posts we all see here. But for whatever reason, they evidently don't want to do that. That doesn't mean they don't think communication is important.

The problem is, due to an issue at the moment I can no longer maintain the stickies. I no longer have the forum access rights needed. So currently the stickies are 'static'.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

They don't seem to be doing either, that's the problem. Maybe they don't feel that communication is important, I don't know, but there is no sticky at the top of this forum about AnyStream Plus being released. There is nothing in the release notes for the new version mentioning that it's been released. You have people coming here and starting new threads not understanding where certain providers went in the program and not understanding how to upgrade because no one said anything and it falls on users here to explain it. And at the same time, there has been no communication about future plans, no roadmap of what new providers or features may be added, the only information provided on the entire site, at least that I can see, is tiny text saying "...more to come" on the main product page and a link to a thread about possible new providers that includes services like Quibi which shut down almost a year ago. So again, you have people coming here starting threads with feature requests because no one has any idea what's going on and the same handful of users complaining that people keep asking about those features.

I have to agree with this post.

RedFox make amazing products but they really, really suck at Public relations with their paying customers.

We understand that some items might have higher priority than others.

But when customers don't know what is in the pipeline and at what estimated time-frame then it creates multiple threads on similar topics.
Come on, not everyone coming to the forums is going to read each and every obscure thread to see if a particular feature has been requested. Search functions of forums sucks, always have. You still get plenty of hits with content you simply don't want or is expected to read through hundreds of threads.

And if that isn't the worst, then you get moderators who simply lock threads at their whim. What is it to anyone if a thread carriess on and on about topics. Let people vent their frustrations a bit to help gauge the feeling of people. So long everyone stays on topic and fairly civil, let the thread stay open. It is so immature to lock threads simply because you don't agree with the request. At some point someone is going to be pissed off so much with "perceived abusive moderation" that they might just feel like venting to the service providers. Although you would have to be careful not to let someone who can hack encryption find out who did it as you might experience a world of hurt from these guys if they do. :p

At some point someone else might bring another competing product out and if their customer service is better, then it would make sense to rather support them as they might interact better with requests from people who would put bread on their table. It is not just a one-way street.

So forum team and development team, take onboard what is being said here. You are great developers, but you need to up the interaction and sticky threads with roadmaps and progress a lot better. Don't have to give away the trade secrets, but let people know what is really coming down the road to 1) create hype and 2) create a feeling of community between paying customers and developers.

Don't treat your clients like children who only need to know once they are told and then tell them not to question. It is a bit disrespectful to your customers.

I think Redfox group is going a good job. I for one am glad that they don't promise a and b in the next release. all the whiners would really come out if there wasn't a fix update without the *promised* enhancements. Keep up the good job Redfox. You are a great company with great support

I think Redfox group is going a good job. I for one am glad that they don't promise a and b in the next release. all the whiners would really come out if there wasn't a fix update without the *promised* enhancements. Keep up the good job Redfox. You are a great company with great support
Thank you very much for all your support and what you said means a lot to Redfox and their developers

A dev has 2 options:
1. build and maintain a stable reliable product and put his time in fixing bugs and issues
or
2. forget the current bugs and put his time into new features (and more bugs) to satisfy the 'I-want...'-customers

For me it's an easy choice.

A dev has 2 options:
1. build and maintain a stable reliable product and put his time in fixing bugs and issues
or
2. forget the current bugs and put his time into new features (and more bugs) to satisfy the 'I-want...'-customers

Short and sweet cartman0208, it's really that simple. and all of us but a few understand that.;)

Short and sweet cartman0208, it's really that simple. and all of us but a few understand that.;)
I choose #1(n)

A dev has 2 options:
or

Easy choice for me too.

yeah. missing batch downloading or queue is the only huge downside to AS, imo. random crashes, HMAX freezing when downloading same thing twice, unlimited speed sometimes grinding to a 40kb/s halt... i can live with that, because those are rare, like extremely rare (except HMAX issue, that one happens every time, but a restart fixes it, also every single time so no biggie actually).

but having to click a show, then choose season, then scroll to desired episode, then click download, then click download again.. thats a major letdown and a major bummer. weve tried to suggest to devs to at least implement something so we dont have to scroll every time for each and every episode, implement something so that AS remembers where we left, let the scrollbar remembers its last position, but still no such thing has been implemented. or, they could use a bigger download window, so at least we get 10 or 15 episodes in one window per season, so we have to scroll less, but no info on that either.

afaik, devs claim any of those or similar solutions would require some sort of user activity tracking or something along those lines. and they dont want that. all in all, queue or batch is desperately needed, imo. even if theres a minute or two waiting time buffer between each download, i could live with that. anyways, fingers crossed we at least get something to ease the endless clicking and scrolling, especially with HMAX and HULU. AP is less of a pain in the gluteus, but still... scroll, scroll instead of scroll, scroll, scroll. lol?

tdfrgsn said:
They don't seem to be doing either, that's the problem. Maybe they don't feel that communication is important, I don't know, but there is no sticky at the top of this forum about AnyStream Plus being released. There is nothing in the release notes for the new version mentioning that it's been released.
There is a multi-page sticky where it should be in licensing sub forum.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/any...-purchase-please-download-version-1200.82038/

There is a multi-page sticky where it should be in licensing sub forum.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/any...-purchase-please-download-version-1200.82038/
I don't know, if I wanted users to pay for upgrade I would actually advertise it. Send an email to existing customers telling them it was out and how to upgrade, a pop-up window in the software directing them to it, posting about it in the release notes when it was released, setting up a FAQ or a thread to answer user questions about it, etc. I wouldn't be relying on a sticky thread in a separate forum section than the one about the software and having a moderator randomly post on the second page of a thread about it. Then again, maybe that's why I'm not a successful business but considering the AnyStream Plus money grab I have to assume this isn't a successful business either.

Posted by tdfrgsn
I don't know, if I wanted users to pay for upgrade I would actually advertise it. Send an email to existing customers telling them it was out and how to upgrade, a pop-up window in the software directing them to it, posting about it in the release notes when it was released, setting up a FAQ or a thread to answer user questions about it, etc. I wouldn't be relying on a sticky thread in a separate forum section than the one about the software and having a moderator randomly post on the second page of a thread about it. Then again, maybe that's why I'm not a successful business but considering the AnyStream Plus money grab I have to assume this isn't a successful business either.

You said there was no stickie, now you’re changing your story. Our programs can only be advertised so far, I am sure I don’t have to explain that to you

Last edited:

Somehow I think nothing we would do would satisfy you. I am very sorry you are disappointed in our advertising campaign. Have a nice day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While I have a washing list of features I'd love to see added, I think it's amazing AnyStream exists at all!
Keep up the great work RedFox and thanks.
Thank you very much for your kind words

I don't know, if I wanted users to pay for upgrade I would actually advertise it.
I have to agree with this.
If you want money, let customers know it's out. That's not saying you need to spam them, but let them know it's out
Put it in the release notes
Write a blog post
Put it on the website
Put it somewhere in the program itself
Don't bury the release. Make yourself more money.
Forums are dead as a form of communication. Compare the activity now to what it would have been 10, 20 years ago, and yeah, they're dead

As far as the original topic? YES, someone needs to get moving on multiple downloads. People shouldn't have to sit behind their computer and download 10,15 items individually, daily. Anystream is great, but it's limitations in this case far outweigh that greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back