• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Multidownload support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riky1979

Is it possible to download multiple files in succession without having to go and do it manually?
When I'm on a series with 20 or more episodes, I have 20 or more downloads to do.
Can I put them in automatic to download them? Not in parallel but in succession so as to make the software more comfortable.
It can also be an upgrade for the future.
Thanks!

It's been on the list for almost a year now. Only response you'll get is that it's "under construction"

Only response you'll get is that it's "under construction"
Yes, unfortunately there is no more information about that. But the last weeks they worked on Hulu, HBO and the new AS Plus so I doubt there is much progress. Also they do'nt do ETAs, so it is out when it is out. Maybe they could at least leave a hint if they worked on it or not, but all you can do is to wait.

Given the choice between extra providers and automating a task, I know which one I'd choose...
This depends on what you want and your download behaviour, so I guess it will be different for every user you ask.

For me it would be more useful to have the queue as I am on to AS some large series with 100 episodes on Amz. So of course the queue would be extremly useful for that but for every other series as well.

Besides that I first want to download everything I want from Amz and NF before I get a new provider and besides I'm using it for month now it will take some more month I guess. And then I will only subscribe one new provider, say D+ and download everything from there till I get HBO or Hulu (not talking about if they are available in germany or not). Because why should I subscribe five providers when I still need to finish two others? Of course I could download from multiple services at once, but the time to download will still be x, since the internet connection has a limit (not even talking about to keep track between every provider and not to mention the tokens). So for me these providers will keep me busy for month, maybe even one or two years.
In addition I have to use VPN for these large series, so it is a bit slow till AS opens the Downloadables Window and so on. Using the queue I could simply put the entire thing into AS with only a few clicks regarding quality and stuff. And if they implement the ability to show how many tokens are left I don't have to care about that anymore as well as AS would simply download till its finished, and if there is no token left it will wait till one is there and continue by itself.
tldr; For me I clearly choose the queue over even more work.

Besides that,
I know which one I'd choose...
you didn't say your choise. Will you?

<snip>

Besides that,

you didn't say your choise. Will you?

It's actually very easy: AS gives you 40 download credits a day once you run the bucket dry, so you learn to schedule your time well and you can sit in front of a computer watching something on TV while downloading other stuff (or in my case, using MS's Film&TV app on one screen while downloading on another)... And if you're that inclined, you can set throttling to predictably know how long each download would take... 40 episodes a day is actually very easy to manage without an automation queue, so I'd rather have things like peacock, vudu, and several others added (something I can't notionally do) than automating a task that I can easily do...

something I can't notionally do
Yes, this is a valid reason, but

40 episodes a day is actually very easy to manage
as I said I'd prefer to single click a series and then let it run than the manual way. Sometimes I can't really focus on something when I know that I have to go into AS and start the next episode every few minutes. And since AS is not able to jump to the correct position in the list yet, I always have to take a second to look at the Download finished message to remember the episode number to choose the correct next one. But as I already said I understand your choice and if you ask another person you might get yet another answer.

And since AS is not able to jump to the correct position in the list yet, I always have to take a second to look at the Download finished message to remember the episode number to choose the correct next one.

Yes, this is a bit of a pain point.
It is worse with Hulu as you have to go back into the show (at least you don't have to search for it again), then choose the correct season, then remember which episode you read when you cleared the "Download Finished" message.
Definitely hard to concentrate on work when I am trying to finish up "The X-Files".
(Hope my boss isn't reading this ... :ROFLMAO: )

Does no one but me have limits imposed by their internet provider? I certainly can't download to my heart's content without bumping the limit - a bit better than 1T/month. I do have other things to do with that bandwidth, like actually watch my streaming channels.

Does no one but me have limits imposed by their internet provider? I certainly can't download to my heart's content without bumping the limit - a bit better than 1T/month. I do have other things to do with that bandwidth, like actually watch my streaming channels.

Currently? No, Spectrum is not allowed to impose limits as part of their takeover of RoadRunner.
That will change, most likely, when the restriction is lifted (2023 I think?) but I will just pay the fee for unlimited (supposedly that's the plan, one amount for caps, another amount for unlimited) and charge my company for it.
I can easily use 1TB a month downloading/uploading work files when I am not on the road.

Given the choice between extra providers and automating a task, I know which one I'd choose...
The problems is that we all have different preferences. If they were to add the provider I want, which is different than the ones you want, then I would want that provider. But I really don't want them to add providers I don't want. I don't use Hulu and have no plans on subscribing to it, so I don't care that they added it, nor would I care if they stopped updating for that provider. But there are a lot of people here that use Hulu and would never subscribe to the provider I want them to add. On the other hand, about 75% of what I am downloading is TV series and it would be very helpful if I could download each season automatically, since I could start the download and ignore the computer until it is finished. Those that download mostly movies wouldn't care about that option.

350GB here. I don't even bother streaming.

The problems is that we all have different preferences. If they were to add the provider I want, which is different than the ones you want, then I would want that provider. But I really don't want them to add providers I don't want. I don't use Hulu and have no plans on subscribing to it, so I don't care that they added it, nor would I care if they stopped updating for that provider. But there are a lot of people here that use Hulu and would never subscribe to the provider I want them to add. On the other hand, about 75% of what I am downloading is TV series and it would be very helpful if I could download each season automatically, since I could start the download and ignore the computer until it is finished. Those that download mostly movies wouldn't care about that option.

First, your argument cuts both ways though, just because you don't see something as a priority, others might do. Secondly, RedFox is not a charity, and no matter of good will, or thanks, or appreciation is ever going to put food on the table/pay bills, so devs patently need to be commercially minded and consider what would drive revenue (and an ever-increasing bouquet of providers is way more likely to do that than an mere enhancement of existing mechanics). Thirdly, download queue opens a huge can of worms of what to do when things break, for example, in the code that I write (not RedFox related) 95% of the code deals with things not going to plan...

First, your argument cuts both ways though, just because you don't see something as a priority, others might do. Secondly, RedFox is not a charity, and no matter of good will, or thanks, or appreciation is ever going to put food on the table/pay bills, so devs patently need to be commercially minded and consider what would drive revenue (and an ever-increasing bouquet of providers is way more likely to do that than an mere enhancement of existing mechanics). Thirdly, download queue opens a huge can of worms of what to do when things break, for example, in the code that I write (not RedFox related) 95% of the code deals with things not going to plan...
That was my point. It doesn't matter what you want, nor what I want. If you were to poll every user here, we would all give different answers on what we want most. RedFox needs to determine what would make sense most from both a business perspective and from what they can do. They should monitor the forums to determine what their customer base wants, but we need to understand that we all want different things.

There's a difference between monitoring and reading everything and replying 'can do, will/won't add to the program', and actually monitoring (not responding) and the actual development of things they monitor on the forums.

What would you rather have them to?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

And you don't think we are monitoring the forums? The developers are here every day. I am here every day. I would think that could be construed as monitoring.;)
I wasn't suggesting that they weren't.

It doesn't matter what you want, nor what I want
It may matter to some extent - but what matters more is what the "not yet customers" want. If all the current users wanted Paramount+, but 1000 people who are not customers express that they want Apple TV and would buy if it were one of the providers, is it hard to guess what they would prioritize? The trick is getting that information. I also suspect that the devs monitor more forums than just their own.

There's a difference between monitoring and reading everything and replying 'can do, will/won't add to the program', and actually monitoring (not responding) and the actual development of things they monitor on the forums.

What would you rather have them to?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
They don't seem to be doing either, that's the problem. Maybe they don't feel that communication is important, I don't know, but there is no sticky at the top of this forum about AnyStream Plus being released. There is nothing in the release notes for the new version mentioning that it's been released. You have people coming here and starting new threads not understanding where certain providers went in the program and not understanding how to upgrade because no one said anything and it falls on users here to explain it. And at the same time, there has been no communication about future plans, no roadmap of what new providers or features may be added, the only information provided on the entire site, at least that I can see, is tiny text saying "...more to come" on the main product page and a link to a thread about possible new providers that includes services like Quibi which shut down almost a year ago. So again, you have people coming here starting threads with feature requests because no one has any idea what's going on and the same handful of users complaining that people keep asking about those features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back