• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie Only Copy Including Menus

Yes, install tsMuxeR, adjust the INI and tick the 'Use tsMuxeR' mode. This will change the button bottom right to 'Copy To HDD' (you don't have to actually use tSmuxeR)

How do you not actually use tsMuxeR and still Copy to HDD.
It creates a batch file and when the batch file runs it uses tsMuxeR to very slowly decode everything.

So is with ImgBurn the only way to do it fast?

Tick the playlist (MPLS) for the main movie and tsMuxeR is not used. Everything is copied.

Thank you and this was very important.
If ImgBurn is not used and instead modified files are copied - then the copied video files are are not only compatible with PowerDVD but with ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre as well.

What is the best way to turn those copied files into an ISO because ImgBurn's output ISO is not compatible so I'm trying to see if using something other than ImgBurn to build an ISO would work. I tried using Nero 8 to make a Blu-ray ISO out of the video files but it didn't work.

Last edited:
i tried this and it says batch file created. but there is no batch file. am i missing something?

What is the best way to turn those copied files into an ISO because ImgBurn's output ISO is not compatible so I'm trying to see if using something other than ImgBurn to build an ISO would work. I tried using Nero 8 to make a Blu-ray ISO out of the video files but it didn't work.

No compatible with what? I'd say if you're having problems with Nero too, then it's somthing else.

i tried this and it says batch file created. but there is no batch file. am i missing something?

You need to make sure that Clown_BD BD Copier has write access to the location it's stored in (run as administrator in an unpacked folder)

2. Not a Clown_BD BD Copier 0.37 bug but: when *anything* is removed from the ISO and exported, PowerDVD reads it just fine but sometimes ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre cannot. http://www.arcsoft.com/products/totalmediatheatre/
Version 5 has just been released and it can't even read some titles modified by Clown_BD BD Copier 0.37 which the previous version ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 3 could read but even version 3 couldn't read Godfather 1 for example. Unedited Blu-ray ISO yes, but not if *anything* is removed from it using Clown_BD BD Copier 0.37.

Excellent! I've tracked this bug down. Fix later after eating.

Code:
v0.38 (2010-11-20)
. Finally fixed problem with stand-alone players reported by:
  innersee http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=276305&postcount=99
  hoense   http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=277052&postcount=115
. Fix playback on Arcsoft TMT5 thanks to c627627 for the heads up
  http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=287765&postcount=207  
. Fix path to BDMV staying disabled after an invalid BDMV structure found
. Allow all sub streams to be selected when tsMuxeR & CORE are checked

@c627627

Please take a look.

Last edited:
mike_r, you da man! No doubt. :)

...and you know what else, simply using v0.38 to import and export ISOs made in v0.37 (and doing nothing else) makes the exported ISOs work with programs old ISOs could not work with before.

Much obliged for this major update. :clap:

You need to make sure that Clown_BD BD Copier has write access to the location it's stored in (run as administrator in an unpacked folder)

thanks mike. i tried everything and would keep getting errors. i ended up removing, and installing v.038, run as administrator and now seems to work. once i click the batch file though, i can't seem to find where it goes. how do i find/set the output location?

thanks.

mike_r, you da man! No doubt. :)

...and you know what else, simply using v0.38 to import and export ISOs made in v0.37 (and doing nothing else) makes the exported ISOs work with programs old ISOs could not work with before.

Much obliged for this major update. :clap:

I fix all the errors with Arcsoft. ha ha ha (it was my mistake, but I'm learning more and more about BD standards every iteration)

thanks mike. i tried everything and would keep getting errors. i ended up removing, and installing v.038, run as administrator and now seems to work. once i click the batch file though, i can't seem to find where it goes. how do i find/set the output location?

thanks.

It's the same place as the EXE is located. Unpack to D:\CLOWN_BD_BD_COPIER and run from there (assuming you've got a D:\ drive, otherwise as near to the root as you can)

thanks mike. i must be doing something wrong as i click the batch file, its excecutes, but doesn't appear in my folder. let me give you some more info, maybe it will help with troubleshooting.

1) i downloaded the bd copier folder to my destop
2.) i extracted the files from the desktop folder to a new folder located in c:/program files/clown_bd bd copier
3.) i run clown_bd bd copier as administrator
4.) place the disk in d: (bluray drive)
5.) open clown_bd bd copier, select d: as path to bdmv and click "read"
6.) click all the boxes i want for the movie, select "use tsmuxer" and click "hdd copy"
7.) saves the batch file along with a folder (.meta files inside) into the c:/program files/clown_bd bd copier folder
8.) i click on the batch file and it starts extracting
9.) batch file finishes and closes window
10.) batch file extraction (which should be iso i assume) is nowhere to be found in any folder

im lost as to what to do next. there is no file extracted from the batch that i can find. any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks again.

i seemed to have got it to work. did a reboot and some messing around, and it appears to work fine now. just out of curiosity, i sometimes get a eac3 pass3 log file stating "warning - audio overlaps for 14ms at 3:06." then followed by "starting 2nd pass" then "realizing dts gaps." should i be worried about this message in the log file? the actual iso file seems to play fine at those times when re-checking the rip. thanks.

Last edited:
just out of curiosity, i sometimes get a eac3 pass3 log file stating "warning - audio overlaps for 14ms at 3:06." then followed by "starting 2nd pass" then "realizing dts gaps." should i be worried about this message in the log file?

no, this is the intended behaviour. if the gaps were not removed then the audio would be out of sync. This is why tsMuxeR on it's own is not working in some cases.

This question will be asked a million times so the FAQ answer would be... To export Blu-ray video files instead of exporting an ISO file:

0. Download http://clownbd.com/Clown_BD BD Copier.zip
which includes Mplayer and tsMuxeR.

1. CHECK: Use tsMuxeR and then CHECK the main movie files which have just been UNCHECKED when you selected tsMuxeR.

2. Click on HDD Copy (lower right corner) > OK

3. Go to the Clown_BD BD Copier folder and open Clown_BD BD Copier.ini file in Notepad and change the line
set DestinationPath=
to set the custom export folder.

4. Save the file in Notepad and then double click on the *.BAT file to start the video file export process...

Last edited:
It's even easier. Make sure your INI has the correct values:

Code:
[Options]
DestinationPath=[COLOR="Red"]E:\[/COLOR]
ISODestinationPath=[COLOR="Red"]F:\[/COLOR]

as a default you get my preferences.

Additionally step 6 could say now take the result you just made after executing the .BAT file and bring this back into Clown_BD BD Copier. This will automatically select eveything that will fit onto your selected media size.

Yes, that was even easier. As for shrinking files, well, 2TB drives were $69 in USA this weekend so I would say there are plenty of people who own Blu-rays and simply wish to edit them for personal use without changing or compressing main content... There is nothing like Clown_BD BD Copier out there to accomplish that and I looked and tried all programs I could find. Version 0.38 addresses and resolves major issues from the past, the program is finally ready... :)

I assume bandwidth and other problems are the reason the program is also available without Mplayer and tsMuxeR even though imho, the program is not as useful without preview so the version with Mplayer included is a must for a lot of people.

Here are my conclusions and notes from personal experience using the program:

1. There is the .ini workaround but nevertheless, it sure would be nice if the program opened with BD-R DL selected not BD-R S for reasons stated above... it's not (always) used to shrink, it's used to edit content for personal preference.

2. Mplayer doesn't play the files as quickly and as efficiently as players in say, DVDRemake Pro for standard DVDs. Quick preview is important, sometimes it gets stuck and you're not sure if it's not playing the selections because of the content or because it just doesn't switch well from selection to selection sometimes.

3. Windows XP users don't not know that UDF2.5 is needed.

4. How to export video files as opposed to ISOs is too complicated, unless some sort of a Help box pops up with instructions as posted above on how to do it.

5. Damn ImgBurn has sounds ON by default, don't forget to [ImgBurn > Tools > Settings > Sounds TAB > UNCHECK them] or else everyone will wake up in both your house & your neighborhood when ISO export process is done and those trumpets start playing at max volume.

There are two main reasons Blu-ray/DVD owners wish to edit their discs:

1. The obvious: So that the main menu comes up when they start the disc they paid for. No 15 minutes of you know what every time they pop the disc in.

2. Disabling the menu audio loop and sometimes the entire audio from some menu screens. There is only so many times you can hear a joke or a comment, particularly if it is lame. On standard DVDs, I usually let the main menu play once then link to identical PGC with audio disabled so that if the menu is left on and you fall asleep or leave - the same thing doesn't loop all night and day long and who wants that? I kill the menu audio on some excruciatingly annoying menus because they distract you from looking at the list of things you want to choose (a music DVD sub menu which lists 20 songs for example and you want to read the list but the menu audio is distracting if the choice of menu audio distracts/annoys you so you can't concentrate on reading the list because the same lame song/joke/comment is looping over & over again.)

The first reason is addressed with your program - there is nothing out there that comes even close.

The second - no one out there was able to answer that question and as far as I know it can't be done on Blu-rays yet.

Thank you for making this great program.

How to use Clown_BD BD Copier:

If using Windows XP or earlier version of Windows, install UDF2.5 driver. Windows Vista/7 already have UDF2.5 driver installed.

0. Install Virtual Clone Drive to mount Blu-ray ISOs.

1. Install ImgBurn, it's needed to export edited video files.
[ImgBurn > Tools > Settings > Sounds TAB > UNCHECK them]

2. Clown_BD BD Copier > Browse to folder with Blu-ray files > (Lower left corner) BD-R DL > Read >

3. UNCHECK everything you wish to remove

4. (Lower right corner) ImgBurn > Browse to Destination > Build (yellow folder)

In case of problems with starting ImgBurn, try deleting folders with names of Blu-ray titles you were working on (inside Clown_BD BD Copier folder).

Last edited:
Code:
v0.39 (2010-11-28)
. Separate Audio and Subtitle languages for tsMuxeR auto select mode.
  Need these in INI:
   tsMuxeRLanguageSubs=English
   tsMuxeRLanguageAudio=English
. Save Output_Format in INI as requested by c627627
  http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=287568&postcount=195
. Added feature to find/download MPlayer/tsMuxeR
. Can now change output path in tsMuxeR mode in GUI
. Open location of .BAT file in explorer

http://clownbd.techxt.com/Downloads/Clown_BD BD Copier.exe

Back