• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Metadata Template Editing

ProfessorHinkley

The system I use to access my media reads metadata from the file it's playing. Which works well with AS files since it already pulls title and description, but it doesn't always save the way I need it to. Instead of filling the title field with "<title>" it will be "<show name> (S1E1): <title>".

It would be cool if we could edit the template for how metadata gets saved, just like the file name in Download settings. Additionally maybe decide what fields certain info gets saved to. There already exists metadata fields for things like show name, network, season and episode number, year, etc.

I know adding something like this probably isn't easy but I think it would make the software more useful. Especially if you can edit the metadata before the file is saved, removing any manual editing later.

Finally I want to add that not all shows currently save with the same title template, I have files from P+ and NF that have the show name in the title field and files from AP that are just the title.

Last edited:
Its been on the request list. Thanks for your input, we are currently very busy with other projects. Maybe in the future.

Thank you for the reply, I have AS+ and love it for everything it does. Looking forward to maybe seeing this one day.
I like the picture avatar and your username.

Younger people probably won't know the name of the actor in the picture or the importance of your username with the character, but I like it.

For those who don't know, Google "Gilligan's Island."

It would be great if Anystream would allow modifications, but for now I use a Meta editing program to clean up meta data.
Screenshot 2022-12-30 121509.jpg Screenshot 2022-12-30 121419.jpg

People use different programs for that. AnyStream is just a downloader.

Back