• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved MAX 4K

I Just Subscirbe to the Ultimate add free plan here in Australia its fantastc so much content and now sport is on there too

I so wish there was a way to have 4K with the MAX included with my cable company... OR when subscribed via Amazon Channels :(

I so wish there was a way to have 4K with the MAX included with my cable company... OR when subscribed via Amazon Channels :(
You should be getting 4K KidJoe, what's the issue?

You should be getting 4K KidJoe, what's the issue?
I don't have the Ultimate Ad-Free MAX plan.

HBO is included with my cable package from Comcast, as such it includes MAX, but its the MAX Ad-Free tier, not Ultimate Ad-Free. Same with the subscription available via Amazon Prime Channels. It too is the Ad-Free tier. (I have a bundle of Max and Cinemax, but Amazon doesn't offer Ultimate Ad-Free with stand alone Max either). Neither has a way to upgrade to Ultimate Ad-Free. So I'm limited to 1080p playback and download using Anystream, the Max app, or watching via Prime.

I'd have to subscribe directly through MAX to the Ultimate Ad-Free plan to get 4k playback and download.

HBO is included with my cable package from Comcast, as such it includes MAX, but its the MAX Ad-Free tier, not Ultimate Ad-Free. Same with the subscription available via Amazon Prime Channels. It too is the Ad-Free tier. (I have a bundle of Max and Cinemax, but Amazon doesn't offer Ultimate Ad-Free with stand alone Max either). Neither has a way to upgrade to Ultimate Ad-Free. So I'm limited to 1080p playback and download using Anystream, the Max app, or watching via Prime.

I'd have to subscribe directly through MAX to the Ultimate Ad-Free plan to get 4k playback and download.
Ah, now I understand. ;)

HBO is included with my cable package from Comcast, as such it includes MAX, but its the MAX Ad-Free tier, not Ultimate Ad-Free.... Neither has a way to upgrade to Ultimate Ad-Free....

That's a shame. I have AT&T and Max is included with the internet package, and surprisingly 4K is available.

KidJoe...did you create a standalone account with your cable account...the Ad-Free Cable package should get you 4K?
COX and Comcast pretty much sleep in the same bed.....mine is 4K. It also is with HBOMAX.

KidJoe...did you create a standalone account with your cable account...the Ad-Free Cable package should get you 4K?
COX and Comcast pretty much sleep in the same bed.....mine is 4K. It also is with HBOMAX.
Yes. Max even says on their web site that for Comcast subscribers it is the ad-free tier. However they don't mention that limit for Amazon Prime Channels.

When I'm logged into Max web/app with either linked account (Comcast or Prime), my subscription shows as Ad-Free. When watching a movie on my Roku or Fire TV stick and bringing up info, it's 1080p. When I watch a movie via Prime that says "included with your Max subscription", even though it's got a 4k tag, it never exceeds 1080p.

Before the rebrand to Max, and it was HBO Max, 4k was included with my Comcast linked account.

I will say, using the Max app to watch the NLCS on my Roku and FireTV stick, even though it was 1080p, the picture was amazing and I thought it could have been 4k, especially compared to TBS on cable (which looked horrible). TBS looked so bad, I had to keep checking the cable box hadn't switched to the SD version of the channel! As soon as I saw the Max app had the game, I watched there instead.

Yes. Max even says on their web site that for Comcast subscribers it is the ad-free tier. However they don't mention that limit for Amazon Prime Channels.

When I'm logged into Max web/app with either linked account (Comcast or Prime), my subscription shows as Ad-Free. When watching a movie on my Roku or Fire TV stick and bringing up info, it's 1080p. When I watch a movie via Prime that says "included with your Max subscription", even though it's got a 4k tag, it never exceeds 1080p.
I AM WRONG!!!! Max via Amazon Prime Channels *DOES* give me 4K with Anystream! I'm not sure why the apps on FireTV and Roku don't see 4k. But hey, if I can download the 4K and put on my Plex server, who cares :D

I just tried again with Game of Thrones. This time, the Video Codec does show HEVC and HEVC w/Dolby VIsion. Switching to either and I do get 3840x2160!!! YAHOO!!

EDIT: I just logged out and back in using my Comcast linked account, it too is showing HEVC and HEVC w/Dolby Vision and options for 3840x2160!!

Is this Anystream's doing? or ??

Last edited:
I AM WRONG!!!! Max via Amazon Prime Channels *DOES* give me 4K with Anystream! I'm not sure why the apps on FireTV and Roku don't see 4k. But hey, if I can download the 4K and put on my Plex server, who cares :D

I just tried again with Game of Thrones. This time, the Video Codec does show HEVC and HEVC w/Dolby VIsion. Switching to either and I do get 3840x2160!!! YAHOO!!

EDIT: I just logged out and back in using my Comcast linked account, it too is showing HEVC and HEVC w/Dolby Vision and options for 3840x2160!!

It’s most probably anystream, but I can’t tell without a log file

This "picture quality improvement" is fantastic news! :) And a real improvement of picture quality! :) :)

I just searched 4K on the Max website and got tons of hits, and searched UHD in AS/Max and ... life is good!!

Fire TV, at least the Cube, needs to be set to 4K. It's set up weird, but once you adjust it to 4K and set it to adaptive, you should see 4K. TBS on cable...like most every other station is only broadcast in 720p and upscaled. Now you just need to decide on the sound....Keep Amazon and most (not all by any means) is 640K or got with Comcast and save money and get I believe 386K

Fire TV, at least the Cube, needs to be set to 4K. It's set up weird, but once you adjust it to 4K and set it to adaptive, you should see 4K. TBS on cable...like most every other station is only broadcast in 720p and upscaled. Now you just need to decide on the sound....Keep Amazon and most (not all by any means) is 640K or got with Comcast and save money and get I believe 386K
I get 4K on my FireTV's and ROKU for other things. They are set right. If I watch movies tagged with 4K and purchased from Amazon, that ported in via Movies Anywhere, or are part of Showtime and other channels subscriptions, I get 4K. Not sure why these "included with MAX didn't. I'll have to look at others and see how they come up. I wasn't sure if TBS is 720p upscaled like Fox, ABC and ESPN are. BUT at least Fox/ABC/ESPN is good quality 720p, it isn't noticeably different compared to the 1080i of other channels. TBS is not good, well at least not via Comcast's X1 boxes (it wasn't bad under the old cable boxes).

I'm also going to try logging out of the MAX app on my Roku and FireTV and back in to see what happens.

As for Comcast vs Amz... Yup, AMZ has HEVC and usually 640k EAC3. Where as Max is usually AVC and 256k or so audio. That is one of the reasons I subscribed via AMZ, well that and having all my subs in 1 place/app which makes it a lot easier finding and watching/downloading stuff.

Back