• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved MAX 4K

mattblade

I want to start by apologizing if this has already been mentioned. I searched and haven't found anything via the search tool.

Will 4K downloads be returning for MAX in the future?

So Max isn't 4k anymore? Looks like I missed that.

Can it be because Max now offers 3 plans and only the ultimate plan offers 4k? I believe if you sign up through Amazon you only get the Ad-free plan.

Clipboard Image (25 October 2023).jpg

No. Although you would need that plan if AnyStream does add 4K back in the future some time. But as of now, 1080p is the highest quality on Max.

HBO Max (WarnerMedia) changed hands a short time ago as AT&T sold it to Discovery. So that shook it all up behind the scenes I am sure. We did have 4k on HBO Max but not sure it was the case on "Max" or for how long. But even before it changed it was very few titles and they were so transcoded down they were technically 4k but did not look much better than a solid Blu-Ray title. At least to me anyway but clearly that is subjective.

HBO Max (WarnerMedia) changed hands a short time ago as AT&T sold it to Discovery. So that shook it all up behind the scenes I am sure. We did have 4k on HBO Max but not sure it was the case on "Max" or for how long. But even before it changed it was very few titles and they were so transcoded down they were technically 4k but did not look much better than a solid Blu-Ray title. At least to me anyway but clearly that is subjective.
Max never had 4K on AS since day 1. As a matter of fact, it took our developers to make it 1080p if you remember correctly.

Max never had 4K on AS since day 1. As a matter of fact, it took our developers to make it 1080p if you remember correctly.
I thought that was the case but I could not directly recall so I did not want to misinform. But thank you kind sir for clearing that up!

Check out v1.6.7.1 beta.

yesawesome.gif

Since they went to Max they have a lot more 4K content than when it was HBO Max. Plus we'll have new content like True Detective and that John Snow Game of Thrones thing they're releasing next year. 4K on Max is a very good thing to have.

Back