• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

lone ranger problem

Protection looks succesfully removed and there are no visible read errors. That being said, the ISO ripper is NOT ment for DVD's, if you need ISO's you need to use CloneDVD

Protection looks succesfully removed and there are no visible read errors. That being said, the ISO ripper is NOT ment for DVD's, if you need ISO's you need to use CloneDVD

Thanks,
I have done so many this way with no issues whatsoever with playback when the AnyDVD HD is up to date that is. I just assumed it was an issue needing an update.

I tried handbrake and converted the ISO to an MKV file just fine with good playback. Defeats the original DVD back up that I like to do, so I'm trying the Clone DVD 2 now to see if I can get a working ISO from the AnyDVD ISO I made.

Thanks again for the help. :)

Thanks,
I have done so many this way with no issues whatsoever with playback when the AnyDVD HD is up to date that is. I just assumed it was an issue needing an update.

I tried handbrake and converted the ISO to an MKV file just fine with good playback. Defeats the original DVD back up that I like to do, so I'm trying the Clone DVD 2 now to see if I can get a working ISO from the AnyDVD ISO I made.

Thanks again for the help. :)

It is better to use CloneDVD on the original disc.

Also had problem with TLR !

Producing a copy of The Lone Ranger (TLR) movie with CloneDVD was not possible, received a CRC Error every time. I cleaned the DVD several times and resumed or restarted the copy process several times and got the same error at approximately the same point in the copy process. I'm not blaming CloneDVD, it has worked flawlessly on every other movie I have copied. My non-Blue-Ray TLR movie DVD plays the movie on a Blue-Ray DVD player without any problems. However, I would like to know if I got the only problematic DVD in the barrel or is this a problem common to all production run TLR DVD's ?

Last edited:
Producing a copy of The Lone Ranger (TLR) movie with CloneDVD was not possible, received a CRC Error every time. I cleaned the DVD several times and resumed or restarted the copy process several times and got the same error at approximately the same point in the copy process. I'm not blaming CloneDVD, it has worked flawlessly on every other movie I have copied. My non-Blue-Ray TLR movie DVD plays the movie on a Blue-Ray DVD player without any problems. However, I would like to know if I got the only problematic DVD in the barrel or is this a problem common to all production run TLR DVD's ?

Uploading an AnyDVD log file from your DVD would help the devs help you in getting a good copy. Instructions for creating and uploading a log file are here: PLEASE read this before you post

Trying again using original Disc and Clone DVD 2

Last edited:
Trying again using original Disc and Clone DVD 2

The test failed but I can use handbrake and make a working/playable MKV from the failed ISO that will not play. I'm including the log file in this post.
To be a little more clear the ISO cues up a blank screen and if I try any navigation (like fast forward or menu) I see a notification that this DVD does not support that feature.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.1.1_Info_D_LONE_RANGER.ziplog
    742 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
No idea what is going on but it just will not play as an ISO.

No idea what is wrong.

3 different DVDs and 5 attempts at backing up a playable ISO on my network. I have used those unplayable ISO files to convert to an MHK that is playable.

Any idea what is going on? What I can try?

I have ripped with any DVD and then done clone DVD I have also done it direct from the disc. I never get an error message but when I attempt to play it I get a blank screen with no navigation capabilities.

Well I decided to watch the MKV file and it played fine but the entire movie is not there it quits at 1:13.42 in the movie and it just quits. It is not the end of the movie! I'm so disappointed with this. I'm just not going to get this am I?

Last edited:
It CANNOT be a copy protection because I also made a back up of this movie since it first came out, and about 3 or 4 versions back. It completed on the first attempt. So I have to disagree with you that it is a copy protection. But I used AnyDVD and CloneDVD. No errors, no problem.

Maybe

I'm just not going to get this am I?

Have you tried a different computer?

I admit, the first time I tried, it didn't work. I had rented the movie along with another. Both had the issue. I tried a different computer and the second movie was fine.

1.5 months later, I came across the movie again, but it didn't work. That's when I found out that there was an update. As stated before, I did the update by uninstalling, rebooting, installing, rebooting (and cleaned the CD). I then didn't have a problem. Just wondering if trying another computer might help you if you have tried the updates.

Have you tried a different computer?

I admit, the first time I tried, it didn't work. I had rented the movie along with another. Both had the issue. I tried a different computer and the second movie was fine.

1.5 months later, I came across the movie again, but it didn't work. That's when I found out that there was an update. As stated before, I did the update by uninstalling, rebooting, installing, rebooting (and cleaned the CD). I then didn't have a problem. Just wondering if trying another computer might help you if you have tried the updates.

Yea I moved my license back to my old PC and had the same won't playback issue. I will rent a copy tomorrow and try that one as Best Buy is going to look at me funny when I come back with that third one. Never have I had so many issues with the same movie! Yes I cleaned the discs and will with the newest one in the AM. I even tried making a DVD 5 version from the latest iso and it will not play back.

The only thing I have yet to do is make a copy on a DVD and try that.

Yea I moved my license back to my old PC and had the same won't playback issue. I will rent a copy tomorrow and try that one as Best Buy is going to look at me funny when I come back with that third one. Never have I had so many issues with the same movie! Yes I cleaned the discs and will with the newest one in the AM. I even tried making a DVD 5 version from the latest iso and it will not play back.

The only thing I have yet to do is make a copy on a DVD and try that.

Are you just trying to play back the iso? Have you tried playing back the ripped folder? Did you make the iso from AnyDVD or CloneDVD? If AnyDVD, do you remember the pop-up warning that came up telling you that it isn't advisable?

A quote from one of your earlier posts:
so I'm trying the Clone DVD 2 now to see if I can get a working ISO from the AnyDVD ISO I made.
That's not how it's done. Make the iso using CloneDVD from the ORIGINAL disc with AnyDVD running, not an AnyDVD iso. The warning about making an iso in AnyDVD (from a DVD) is there for a reason.

Last edited:
Update: CRC Error from a TLR Movie Disk

Update: Never Mind, a replacement disk produced a good copy, guess I did get the only problematic DVD in the barrel !

Must be bad discs I'm going to exchange it again. When the MKV quit it was blotchy and pixilated just before it stopped playing. Beginning to wonder if I am getting the same two bad discs. I'm going to a different store to exchange it this time.

Back