• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

lone ranger problem

bucky67

have the latest clone dvd and anydvd hd.i managed to rip the lone ranger dvd using the latest anydvd 7.3.8.1 but when i go to use clone dvd it gets to 50% and fails. gets error message- e/video-ts vts-15-1.vob:read error . dont know what I am doing wrong?

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 7.3.8.1, BDPHash.bin 13-11-1
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8D1 8.10 12052300
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2034736 sectors (3974 MBytes)
Total size: 4042880 sectors (7896 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: LONE_RANGER
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

Using local database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 20 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.3.8.1_Info_E_LONE_RANGER.ziplog
    728.4 KB · Views: 28
Nothing unusual stands out in the log file you included, thanks for the log file. This could be a new protection, only a developer can be sure what is the cause of your issue. Be patient until the devs take a look at your log.

Nothing unusual stands out in the log file you included, thanks for the log file. This could be a new protection, only a developer can be sure what is the cause of your issue. Be patient until the devs take a look at your log.

i looked on the site and didn't see that slysoft has come out with a new way to defeat this new protection? unless I missed something.

That's because only 12 hours gave passed since you first created this topic. Slysoft is located near Bermuda so they are most likely in a different timezone than you are. They may be good but they're also human. Even they need sleep.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

i looked on the site and didn't see that slysoft has come out with a new way to defeat this new protection? unless I missed something.

Is it a new protection? Is it a defective disc? Is it your *cough* Panasonic drive?

What disc is this? Country? Edition (rental, retail, special edition)?

Last edited:

I said it could be a new protection, nothing definite. Only a developer can make that determination.

I copied Lone Ranger R1 with Anydvd HD 7.3.7.4 and that rip to ISO and burn back with CloneDVD and play back was fine. So unless the OP got a back disc is the only other reason I can think it would not work.

lone r

Is it a new protection? Is it a defective disc? Is it your *cough* Panasonic drive?

What disc is this? Country? Edition (rental, retail, special edition)?

i got the dvd at family video. it was clear of scratches and smudge marks. usa country
:disagree:

that means exactly squat diddely in the dvd backup realm. Just because a disc is brand new and clear of visible defect doesn't mean it can't be defective because of invisible to the naked eye defects.

that means exactly squat diddely in the dvd backup realm. Just because a disc is brand new and clear of visible defect doesn't mean it can't be defective because of invisible to the naked eye defects.

i didn't have any problems with the other movies- family, pacific rim etc.

only with lone ranger dvd. got to 50% and failed each time. when it happened the 1st time, i went to video store and got another lone ranger movie. same problem. that leads me to believe although i may be wrong that it is a new protection that anydvd cant overcome:bang: yet. frustrating.

i didn't have any problems with the other movies- family, pacific rim etc.

only with lone ranger dvd. got to 50% and failed each time. when it happened the 1st time, i went to video store and got another lone ranger movie. same problem. that leads me to believe although i may be wrong that it is a new protection that anydvd cant overcome:bang: yet. frustrating.

Except the one I got from the same source is on my hard drive.
Ripped to folder with AnyDVD alone.
Hint - a defect will likely effect every DVD made on that shift..... in the EXACT same place.
-W

Last edited:
Try this second method of building a back-up and see if you get the same results.

AnyDVD or AnyDVD HD
DVD Shrink
Imgburn

Load the ripped output from AnyDVD into DVD Shrink

P.S. Maybe Sony or Verance stole the Lone Rangers mask?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lone Ranger Does NOT Copy

Hello Buck67,
I have sent you a private message on how to copy the Lone Ranger DVD and other problem dvds.
Check your inbox in the SLYSOFT forum. (not your normal emails)

Still?

Hello Buck67,
I have sent you a private message on how to copy the Lone Ranger DVD and other problem dvds.
Check your inbox in the SLYSOFT forum. (not your normal emails)

Can't say the DVD is defective if others are having the problem as well.

I would like to get your method of making a backup. I still can't as of today, and I just updated with yesterdays latest update.

File 1 G:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_15_1.VOB 30 TCSectorReader

Fails at:
vts_15_1.vob 3452038

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 7.4.1.0, BDPHash.bin 14-01-07)
HP DVDWBD TS-LB23P 0100 0502RC1006YS
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2034736 sectors (3974 MBytes)
Total size: 4042880 sectors (7896 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: LONE_RANGER
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

Using online database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 20 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

problems with Lone Ranger, too

I also cannot get AnyDVD to recognize Lone Ranger. Can't get anything with the new copy protection (the ones that can only be played in "players", not PCs or player/recorders) to work with AnyDVD or play on my PC. Can anyone help?

Please post a logfile (take a look here).
In the case that no logfile can be created, please attach a logfile with no disc in the drive.

Last edited:
I also cannot get AnyDVD to recognize Lone Ranger. Can't get anything with the new copy protection (the ones that can only be played in "players", not PCs or player/recorders) to work with AnyDVD or play on my PC. Can anyone help?

If your PC doesn't "see" the disc at all, your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.
Not a protection.

Update! (Works)

Update:

It was suggested that the issue was resolved in one of the updates between November and Now.
Since I had the latest update (Jan 16th), I didn't think this was the case; however, I was told to not only reboot, but that I should try to uninstall and reinstall.

So, I rebooted, uninstalled, rebooted, installed, rebooted, and cleaned the DVD.

I was able to make a backup. Unfortunately, I didn't test at each step. So, it could have been as easy as cleaning the DVD. Sorry.

I am using AnyDVD HD 7.4.1.0, BDPHash.bin 14-01-07
And CloneDVD 2.9.3.0

Back