• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

KeyDB Tools

Those will most likely all already be supported but the KeyDB Tools will tell you that after you synchronize the KeyDB.cfg file and use the Disc Info function. And if you find one that's not in the KeyDB.cfg, feel free to drop an attachment for it in this thread. :)

Hopefully I'll have all the damn bugs worked out of this thing by then. Porting code from one project to another works great when everything is the same between them but in this case, there are differences from the Scanner to how I wrote this. This is way more modular and as such there's not global variables set for things like AnyDVD's path. :rolleyes: So when you go to start it, and the path isn't known, Windows is like "yea...how about no". LOL

It only says Makemkv not found. How do you check for it? In the registry there is no entry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Makemkv even if I set the default path in Makemkv under preferences. 2 machines checked.

We will need some instructions on FindVUK. If I run it twice from your program the drive makes awful noises when I keep the disc in the drive w/o ejecting.

This is most definitely a FindVUK issue but is this on a UHD Friendly drive by chance? The reason I ask is that if you have AnyDVD running on a friendly drive, it attempts to prevent the sleep bug (basically what you're describing which is why I'm wanting more info from you) by keeping the drive running. Once AnyDVD is killed, now by the KeyDB Tools or previously by DVDFab 12 when FindVUK invokes it, the sleep bug protection is also disabled. So the next time you run FindVUK it'll run into the sleep bug. Now if this is an official drive then I'm not sure. Still a FindVUK issue as I have no control over what it does but if it's with an official drive, something is very off with that.

The .7z file downloaded in the forum still doesn't work / won't open in 7zip.

It only says Makemkv not found. How do you check for it? In the registry there is no entry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Makemkv even if I set the default path in Makemkv under preferences. 2 machines checked.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MakeMKV <-- That exists on all my machines and I watch MakeMKV update it when I change it through the UI.

This new version that I just posted, if that check fails it'll go look in your user directory for a .MakeMKV folder. If it finds it, it should work. Is this on the new version or 1.0.0.2?

This is most definitely a FindVUK issue but is this on a UHD Friendly drive by chance? The reason I ask is that if you have AnyDVD running on a friendly drive, it attempts to prevent the sleep bug (basically what you're describing which is why I'm wanting more info from you) by keeping the drive running. Once AnyDVD is killed, now by the KeyDB Tools or previously by DVDFab 12 when FindVUK invokes it, the sleep bug protection is also disabled. So the next time you run FindVUK it'll run into the sleep bug. Now if this is an official drive then I'm not sure. Still a FindVUK issue as I have no control over what it does but if it's with an official drive, something is very off with that.
Flashed to friendly LG BH16NS55 1.05 MK.

Flashed to friendly LG BH16NS55 1.05 MK.

So then my theory is correct. You're hitting the sleep bug and there's nothing I can do about that.

EDIT: Well there's one thing we can do to fix it but I don't have that code built yet. You could edit the FindVUK.ini file in the FindVUK/config directory and set ejectonexit to 1 and it'll eject the disc when it finishes.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MakeMKV <-- That exists on all my machines and I watch MakeMKV update it when I change it through the UI.

This new version that I just posted, if that check fails it'll go look in your user directory for a .MakeMKV folder. If it finds it, it should work. Is this on the new version or 1.0.0.2?
Yes, that registry path exists but it doesn't contain an entry for %USERDATA%\.Makemkv.

That was with 1.0.0.2.

Yes, that registry path exists but it doesn't contain an entry for %USERDATA%\.Makemkv.

That was with 1.0.0.2.

It should have app_DataDir set to something. That's what changes for me when I edit the path in MakeMKV. If it's not set, then it's using the default user folder\.MakeMKV which is what I just added in 1.0.0.3. So maybe it works now.

So then my theory is correct. You're hitting the sleep bug and there's nothing I can do about that.

EDIT: Well there's one thing we can do to fix it but I don't have that code built yet. You could edit the FindVUK.ini file in the FindVUK/config directory and set ejectonexit to 1 and it'll eject the disc when it finishes.
In my version of FundVUK it is set to eject disc. I don't remember if I have set that or if it was the default in 1.67 before. Now your doesn't.

In my version of FundVUK it is set to eject disc. I don't remember if I have set that or if it was the default in 1.67 before. Now your doesn't.

Yes I know. That was intentional. I set things very specific to how I want FindVUK to work, at least initially. Eventually you'll be able to change certain settings within the configuration tab but I've not written that code yet. So you can just go edit the ini file manually for now to override what I set.

I said I never fumbled with that.

Now I get a virus warning with 1.0.0.3 and the program won't run!!!!!

That's on your virus application. Definitely a false positive. Tell it to knock it off. lol

(This is something a lot of us Windows developers curse MS for. To get your apps signed and blessed by the royal MS is a pain in the ass. MadVR has this same issue. And when your app isn't signed, MS Defender and their browser security basically go nuts and think everything's a f***ing virus. It's total BS)

But why now only with the newest version? I can knock it off but others won't dare.

Ask MS. It's their ridiculous algorithm. Not a damn thing I can do about that one. I run into it locally from time to time on shit that I develop. My own damn code, built on this machine, and it still flags it. Idiots.

Back