• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Just tell us the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not going anyplace, this is a very happy for 99% of the membership, we dont need your enlightenment to go on. Have a nice day. And try and be happy.
"Its not going anyplace"... that's what Slysoft said to me 10 months ago in an email before I purchased the lifetime license.
"happy for 99% of the membership"... I agree, though maybe to a lesser extent. But good customer service and relations to the others is also, surely, something to be desired.
"we dont need your enlightenment to go on"... Dear oh dear! See my customer service comment above.

Please don't think I am trying to troll or "have a go". I am trying desperately to get some satisfaction and join the loyal following. But if you look at it from my viewpoint - you pay extra for a lifetime license that lasts 9 months before being told you have to buy another one with no further discount (other than the discount even a 10 year LTL holder gets). Telling me that this is "just the way it is", "get over it" etc. doesn't make me feel any better :)

Anyway, I have a decision to make. I was hoping that some sense would be applied to recent LTL purchases, but I doubt that will happen now. So, I have to pay £36 to revert to a lifetime license of the previous product I had or £70 to continue to use this one after just months of use. I really do want to be a loyal customer and I am TRYING to be... but it isn't easy.

Good luck to everyone though.

I purchased a lifetime AnyDVD license well over a decade ago, and I can say without any exaggeration that I am personally responsible for dozens of purchases, perhaps even hundreds, but no more. I will no longer be recommending AnyDVD, and in fact I will be discouraging it. Why would I or anyone purchase a second lifetime license if the first one didn't last. To be honest, one of the features that was important to me such as removing HDCP read requirements is not obsolete. Even the rip feature can be easily rendered obsolete with a free copy of DVD Fab HD Decrypter. I personally don't think that's a wise choice to attempt to force older users into purchasing a new license. It would've been wiser to have offered a minor license update fee to previous lifetime license owners, and to explain why it was important for the survival of the software. The interest in DVD and BD ripping has diminished considerably over the last decade which can be attested to by the many once popular forums having closed. Good luck!
Son, we live in a world that has decryption, and that decryption has to be broken by men with brains.. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. while you weep for people that have to pay, and you curse RedFox. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Slysofts death, while tragic, probably woke some people up. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves discs. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in this forum, you need me in this forum. We use words like decryption, title sets and backing up. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of decryption that we provide, and then questions the manner in which we provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up your credit card, and buy AnyDVDHD. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

From my upcoming movie " A few Fine Developers "

Last edited:
Son, we live in a world that has decryption, and that decryption has to be broken by men with brains.. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for people that have to pay, and you curse RedFox. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Slysofts death, while tragic, probably woke some people up. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves discs. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in this forum, you need me in this forum. We use words like decryption, title sets and backing up. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of decryption that we provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up your credit card, and buy AnyDVDHD. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

From my upcoming movie " A few Fine Developers "
Jack Nicholson couldn't have said it any better. ;)

If the current owners are new then those who established are gone and AnyDVD reputation with it. If you are in fact the original developers then you've reneged on the original promised licenses, and hoped to escape it by claiming to be newly formed.

You hit the nail on the head. I have no reason to believe RedFox is anyone but the original SlySoft folks, just under a new name due to whatever legal action was coming against them in Antigua. Much like TPB is constantly changing domains to avoid the MPAA (or whomever), it seems that SlySoft felt the need to do the same (albeit with a name change as well).

Software companies, especially ones whose products are questionably legal, cannot survive on 'lifetime' licenses. An ongoing revenue stream is needed, particularly since this is a fringe product (let's be honest). I think SlySoft realized this and concocted a scheme to coerce people into re-buying new licenses, to keep them afloat. You people are in the business of breaking the law (or helping others do so), which puts your personal character into question. That makes my suggestion completely within the realm of possibility. No honor among thieves, as they say.

But regardless of the 'real' reason, the bottom line is that you're not honoring SlySoft's lifetime licenses and I have no reason to think you will honor RedFox's when you get run out of Belize or whereever the heck you're operating from these days. For that reason, I won't be giving you another cent, ever, and I'll be sharing my experience with my friends that might have otherwise been one of your customers.

Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong, insult me, be condescending, whatever. I know that's coming based on the hateful posts I've already seen. But I don't care, because I won't be back to read your response. Likewise, my credit card won't be back in your system to charge.

Then you know wrong. Everything that can be said, has been said the past weeks. Let me give you a real quick crash course.

There was no name change, slysoft got shut down. Period, redfox has no relationship with them, despite the devs being some of the same.

You accuse them of breaking or helping to break. Anydvd is meant for fair use, which is legal. What YOU do with it could be breaking YOUR local laws, don't put that on redfox.

Nobody will insult you or whatever. As the license section cleaning section states. The time for debates is over. If you don't buy, that's your right. Calling the staff thieves is a bridge to far.

Case closed and so is this topic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back