• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Just tell us the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

raylyncorvette

I just wish RedFox would just tell all of us what the hell is going on instead of having various others try to convey what "they" say is correct and then at the end of their posts state they are not an employee of RedFox etc. but want us to believe they are well informed. There is far too much confusion with this transition. No matter how you slice this it is still a bungled mess. If the pricing is set as stated then why is it I keep getting a prompt telling me RedFox isn't accepting payments. Is RedFox selling to the European community and not to the western hemisphere clientele? That's basically what it looks like when reading the pricing schedule. A reply I received last evening said RedFox was accepting Bitcoin and Visa with MasterCard being available next month. I was also told I would need to "calculate" the currency rate myself (not very professional and yet ridiculous). If that is the case I must sound redundant and ask again why can't I purchase it now or at least give me a definite date instead of having to sift through all of the posts with the end result being the same as it started out.
I get a prompt telling me an update (8.0.1.0) is available. After reading about some of the problems others are having with the the recent updates and others who are seeking much the same answers as me I am not about to download anything relating to RedFox until I know what I am getting.

It seems they're having issues accepting payments right now. I've read it could possibly be to do with a few glitches that need fixing, or the servers just got overloaded with all the people trying to buy.

I'm getting tired of the BS from Redfox. So the buying is down. This is not stopping Redfox from putting up a price list and information if any about credit for old software users. The way this is being handed by Redfox I don't believe they will last long enough to make a lifetime license a good investment.

Yeah. Maybe next time they will negotiate a better contract with their employer to prevent what happened. People lose jobs everyday. It sucks but clearly these guys will have no trouble getting hired on with a legit company when this comes crashing down. Amazon didn't get to where it is by being cheap and unfair to their customers. They operated at a deficit for over a decade before turning a profit last quarter. And the profits will keep rolling in because they live by one principle. "Delight the Customer". Clearly these coders don't care about delighting anyone but there own pockets. They will get what is meant for them. Only time will tell what that is.

I would suspect that it is about 50x more difficult to set up these things, like payment processing in their situation than for a legitimate company.
If you think you could do better, then ok, bash on.
I don't even know how they managed to accept CC payments at all.

You all want "definite dates" - all they can do is get things done as fast as possible. They can't know how long things take, expecting that is a bit naive.
They had no time to prepare for the situation they got put in.

On one side people are complaining, that it's taking too long, on the other they are complaining, that they hurried out the software and shop too soon.
They got beat down by force and have to struggle their way up again.

Personally, I'm quite happy, not to be in their position.

I don't see anything "cheap and unfair" other than some comments I'm reading here.

Only about their own pockets? If that were the case they wouldn't have released 5 intermediate versions the past months, they wouldn't have setup new hardware, all without zero cash coming in. Unless you have proof to back up those claims, I suggest you stop trolling. And do bringing back dead topics while you're at it.

How can I purchase a key for the new AnyDVD HD when the option to pay for it is always down? People want to give you guys money.

The initial few that got through yesterday highlighted that some more fine tuning was needed. The aim was to be back open normally today.

Bottom line is AnyDVD HD is the best at what it does. I understand folks frustration, but at the same time I can understand how difficult it could be to bring this RedFox project to life. I would say stop complaining and move on to something else, but we all know there really is no substitute for what we get with AnyDVD in terms of the product and support we get from the forums and developers. Sit tight and wait for the good stuff. I previously owned 2 lifetime AnyDVD HD licenses with Slysoft. I got my 2 new lifetime RedFox licenses yesterday so I am set. Happy to support the effort because I want this project to be successful. (y)(y)

FYI. Looks like the payment system is up as we speak. (y)(y)

How can I purchase a key for the new AnyDVD HD when the option to pay for it is always down? People want to give you guys money.

Yes, and we're more than willing to take it :p
Things are nearly there, don't worry, I promise, as long as you can't buy a license, you can use the trials (which are fully functional, not like the former ones).

I purchased a lifetime AnyDVD license well over a decade ago, and I can say without any exaggeration that I am personally responsible for dozens of purchases, perhaps even hundreds, but no more. I will no longer be recommending AnyDVD, and in fact I will be discouraging it. Why would I or anyone purchase a second lifetime license if the first one didn't last. To be honest, one of the features that was important to me such as removing HDCP read requirements is not obsolete. Even the rip feature can be easily rendered obsolete with a free copy of DVD Fab HD Decrypter. I personally don't think that's a wise choice to attempt to force older users into purchasing a new license. It would've been wiser to have offered a minor license update fee to previous lifetime license owners, and to explain why it was important for the survival of the software. The interest in DVD and BD ripping has diminished considerably over the last decade which can be attested to by the many once popular forums having closed. Good luck!

I purchased a lifetime AnyDVD license well over a decade ago, and I can say without any exaggeration that I am personally responsible for dozens of purchases, perhaps even hundreds, but no more. I will no longer be recommending AnyDVD, and in fact I will be discouraging it. ...

AnyDVD does not need yours or anybody else's recomendation to generate a sale. It has been around long enough and has established itself as the best at what it does. You either did not follow all the developments from the forced shutdown of Slysoft to the birth of the RedFox encouraged by the majority of the former licence holders or you simply cannot get over the fact that your lifetime licence is no longer supported. These things happen. Accept them and move on. If you choose not to by a RedFox licence then perhaps you don't need one. Whoever needs the service will pay for it regardless of your opinion simply because there is nothing better out there!

Last edited:
Bottom line is AnyDVD HD is the best at what it does. I understand folks frustration, but at the same time I can understand how difficult it could be to bring this RedFox project to life. I would say stop complaining and move on to something else, but we all know there really is no substitute for what we get with AnyDVD in terms of the product and support we get from the forums and developers. Sit tight and wait for the good stuff. I previously owned 2 lifetime AnyDVD HD licenses with Slysoft. I got my 2 new lifetime RedFox licenses yesterday so I am set. Happy to support the effort because I want this project to be successful. (y)(y)

FYI. Looks like the payment system is up as we speak. (y)(y)
I wonder, would you still be so happy if you had of bought your previous lifetime licenses in November 2015?

Celtic, can we please not start another round of debates?

I purchased a lifetime AnyDVD license well over a decade ago, and I can say without any exaggeration that I am personally responsible for dozens of purchases, perhaps even hundreds, but no more. I will no longer be recommending AnyDVD, and in fact I will be discouraging it. Why would I or anyone purchase a second lifetime license if the first one didn't last. To be honest, one of the features that was important to me such as removing HDCP read requirements is not obsolete. Even the rip feature can be easily rendered obsolete with a free copy of DVD Fab HD Decrypter. I personally don't think that's a wise choice to attempt to force older users into purchasing a new license. It would've been wiser to have offered a minor license update fee to previous lifetime license owners, and to explain why it was important for the survival of the software. The interest in DVD and BD ripping has diminished considerably over the last decade which can be attested to by the many once popular forums having closed. Good luck!
Posted by sophicles
Good luck!
Thank you but luck has nothing to do with it. Our loyal customer base is responsible, along with the greatest developers in the world.

I wonder, would you still be so happy if you had of bought your previous lifetime licenses in November 2015?

I would probable be frustrated, but at the same time just happy that the software has been resurrected. If I had to buy a license every year I probably would. That's just how I feel about the product and I am sure many share my view. You have the right to feel however you want and I respect that. Please do the same for us. Thanks.

"AnyDVD does not need yours or anybody else's recomendation to generate a sale."

Actually it does, because that's how it arose, that's how it continued to live, and that how it could come to an end. All things come to an end! How can you convince people to purchase a lifetime license when you can't even guarantee them you'll be here in a year, and the fact that previous lifetime licenses have been arbitrarily excised doesn't sing well for it to be a future consideration.

"It has been around long enough and has established itself as the best at what it does.

If the current owners are new then those who established are gone and AnyDVD reputation with it. If you are in fact the original developers then you've reneged on the original promised licenses, and hoped to escape it by claiming to be newly formed.

" You either did not follow all the developments from the forced shutdown of Slysoft to the birth of the RedFox encouraged by the majority of the former licence holders or you simply cannot get over the fact that your lifetime licence is no longer supported."

AnyDVD was shutdown before and resurfaced to its previous location before it was moved to where it is now. I'm certain that some will repurchase a new "lifetime" license, and many like me will turn away from it.

How can you convince people to purchase a lifetime license when you can't even guarantee them you'll be here in a year, and the fact that previous lifetime licenses have been arbitrarily excised doesn't sing well for it to be a future consideration.
Because I can do the math and see if they are around for 2 years, it would be cheaper for me to purchase a LTL than a couple of one year licenses. I would prefer to hope for the best and use it as long as I can, than to not have it or cry about what was.

Should RedFox go the route that SlySoft went, it will be done solely at the behest of Hollywood and the AACS-LA.

"AnyDVD does not need yours or anybody else's recomendation to generate a sale."

Actually it does, because that's how it arose, that's how it continued to live, and that how it could come to an end. All things come to an end! How can you convince people to purchase a lifetime license when you can't even guarantee them you'll be here in a year, and the fact that previous lifetime licenses have been arbitrarily excised doesn't sing well for it to be a future consideration.

"It has been around long enough and has established itself as the best at what it does.

If the current owners are new then those who established are gone and AnyDVD reputation with it. If you are in fact the original developers then you've reneged on the original promised licenses, and hoped to escape it by claiming to be newly formed.

" You either did not follow all the developments from the forced shutdown of Slysoft to the birth of the RedFox encouraged by the majority of the former licence holders or you simply cannot get over the fact that your lifetime licence is no longer supported."

AnyDVD was shutdown before and resurfaced to its previous location before it was moved to where it is now. I'm certain that some will repurchase a new "lifetime" license, and many like me will turn away from it.
Its not going anyplace, this is a very happy for 99% of the membership, we dont need your enlightenment to go on. Have a nice day. And try and be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back