• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Just got PowerDVD 8 Ultra build 2521

I got 3 installers, the full installer referenced in the OP, the patch that they pulled, and this patch, which is different only by a few bytes ("size on disk" is the same). I'm just assuming they're the same, but they're giving me similar trouble.

I upgraded to 2815a and now on some movies it will just lockup in a random spot. The same spot every time, repeatable. ??? The version of 7 I still have will play through as will the last revision of 8 that I had: 2705a
I don’t know what they did to the last update. :(

I upgraded to 2815a and now on some movies it will just lockup in a random spot. The same spot every time, repeatable. ??? The version of 7 I still have will play through as will the last revision of 8 that I had: 2705a
I don’t know what they did to the last update. :(

Probably typical Cyberlink stupidity. They fix or claim to fix something thing and then break something else.

They probably still haven't fixed playback of the Top Gun BD playback issues either. Utterly laughable.

Correction: They actually fixed the playback of one of the extras on the Top Gun BD in PowerDVD9 that is actually longer than the movie itself. Wow. I have no idea when this was fixed this but it wasn't resolved in the first v9 release or the subsequent update. I wonder if they fixed it in PowerDVD8. The issue was reported sometime last fall.

Last edited:
Back