• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

John Wick issues should be fixed

(Jeff R 1 did you delete the protected ISO? did you try with 7.5.7.3?)
I did create a log file with 7.5.7.3 with the actual disc when I had it _ it behaved like everyone else's, _ it played up to the Dolby Atmos intro and went to black screen with Power DVD14.

So, now I'm terminally confused: some say, it works with 7.5.7.3 (completely and played as full disc), while it doesn't with 7.5.7.4.
Others say it works with neither.

Just so you all know the hows and whys:

the playlist fixups are on the server. So older versions of AnyDVD should currently "fix" the disc just as well as 7.5.7.4.
It's just that 7.5.7.4 should find the solution autonomously without the help of the online protection database.

Therefore: an actual difference between the one and the other would be surprising.

EVERYONE: please try again now - a slight change in the OPD.

Red Box rental version still does not work with AnyDVD7574 when trying to play with TMT3 or PowerDVD9!

There is definitely some sort of bug in version 7.5.7.4.
I only have a protected ISO of John Wick, but with version 7.5.7.3, it contacts the OPD (online protection data base, I am assuming).
It shows the correct play list in the status window of 772 for the Wal-Mart Canadian disc in which the ISO was created from.
The movie starts as normal with all the trailers, FBI warning(s), menu's, Atmos intro and the actual movie plays fine.

With 7.5.7.4. none of this happens, I get a momentary glimpse that the blu-ray is being loaded by Power DVD14 and it then sits there with a black screen.
The only way 7.5.7.4. will work is with speed menu.

Last edited:
7.5.7.4 logfile US retail John Wick

Just posting my logfile. Using PowerDVD 14 and 7.5.7.4 I only get a black screen. I don't use the speedmenus.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.7.4_Info_I_JOHN_WICK.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
There is definitely some sort of bug in version 7.5.7.4.
I only have a protected ISO of John Wick, but with version 7.5.7.3, it contacts the OPD (online protection data base, I am assuming).
It shows the correct play list in the status window of 772 for the Wal-Mart Canadian disc in which the ISO was created from.
The movie starts as normal with all the trailers, FBI warning(s), menu's, Atmos intro and the actual movie plays fine.

With 7.5.7.4. none of this happens, I get a momentary glimpse that the blu-ray is being loaded by Power DVD14 and it then sits there with a black screen.
The only way 7.5.7.4. will work is with speed menu.

Thanks a lot, that's what I wanted to hear.
Then some bug was introduced in 7.5.7.4.

You can help the devs immensely, if you can zip the contents of /BDMV/JAR while AnyDVD versions 7.5.7.3 and 7.5.7.4 respectively are running and post both results here for comparison.
Apparently 7.5.7.4 is messing up the jars, not even necessarily a protection thing.

Jar files attached for Red Box rental version and AnyDVD 7.5.7.4.

Thanks, can you do the same thing with 7.5.7.3 (or some other, older version)?

Jar files with AnyDVD 7.5.7.3.

Interestingly, John Wick will actually play with 7.5.7.3, but I did not check to see if it chooses the right playlist.

@ capsbackup: Interestingly, John Wick will actually play with 7.5.7.3.

I used a PC that has 7.5.7.3 in a pristine condition, clean without ever having 7.5.7.4 installed and the movie plays "GREAT" from Menu. It plays correctly guys, another great job from Slysoft once again. Now if you can either fix or pull the 7.5.7.4 Beta all will be good, at least with the US Retail (UPC: 031398211044 ) disk. I have zipped and attached the following files to help.
*AnyDVD_7.5.7.3_Info_K_JOHN_WICK.ziplog
*AnyDVD_7.5.7.3_JOHN_WICK_JAR.zip
*AnyDVD_7.5.7.4_Info_I_JOHN_WICK.ziplog
*AnyDVD_7.5.7.4_JOHN_WICK_JAR.zip

View attachment 26203View attachment 26204View attachment 26205

As an after thought, can you please cleanup my uploads section. I looked all over but can't find a way to delete my previous upload from the manage uploads window and it was pretty confusing trying to attach the new ones. Thanks again for all your hard work on John Wick, I really appreciate being able to keep the complete menu. Let me know if you need any other files, worknstiff

PS: Looks like I wasn't able to attach the files after all, Here goes again, sorry.

Last edited:
Hope all the files are there this time. I thought I knew what the "in line" option meant but I guess my browser doesn't like doing it that way. LOL.

@ capsbackup: Interestingly, John Wick will actually play with 7.5.7.3.

I used a PC that has 7.5.7.3 in a pristine condition, clean without ever having 7.5.7.4 installed and the movie plays "GREAT" from Menu. It plays correctly guys, another great job from Slysoft once again. Now if you can either fix or pull the 7.5.7.4 Beta all will be good, at least with the US Retail (UPC: 031398211044 ) disk. I have zipped and attached the following files to help.
*AnyDVD_7.5.7.3_Info_K_JOHN_WICK.ziplog
*AnyDVD_7.5.7.3_JOHN_WICK_JAR.zip
*AnyDVD_7.5.7.4_Info_I_JOHN_WICK.ziplog
*AnyDVD_7.5.7.4_JOHN_WICK_JAR.zip

View attachment 26203View attachment 26204View attachment 26205

Go to the top of the forum page and choose 'Setting's then on the next page on the left there's an option for 'Attachments'. This lists all your attachments with the post they are attached to, you can tick the box next to them and delete them. Once removed from a thread I think the system deletes them out of your attachment section after an hour or so

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, that's what I wanted to hear.
Then some bug was introduced in 7.5.7.4.

You can help the devs immensely, if you can zip the contents of /BDMV/JAR while AnyDVD versions 7.5.7.3 and 7.5.7.4 respectively are running and post both results here for comparison.
Apparently 7.5.7.4 is messing up the jars, not even necessarily a protection thing.
You may not need the JAR files anymore, but here they are anyway.

I have been using Leawo Blu-ray Copy for several months. I have copied over 200 blu-ray movies to ISO files to store on my nas. I use XBMC version 12 to view them. I ran into a problem with John Wick and The Legend of Hercules not copying in the right scene order or I got a copy message. I next tried Borsoft Blu-ray copy, but it will not make an ISO file. I have 27 Tbytes of storage, so the larger files are not a problem. I have purchased AnyDVD HD and CloneBD because the forum chatter seemed to show that they had solved the scene sequence problem. Leawo only takes about two hours to create a copy of main movie. CloneBD takes over four hours. I could live with this if it would work. I have copied John Wick several times with CloneBD, now trying several different settings. I get areas where the video stutters and jumps, then later in it stops, but the audio continues. The Audio is slightly out of sync (it's slow). I also have another audio problem. In XBMC as the movie begins the audio is going on and off. I noticed it was switching between 5.1 and 2 channel. If I set it to 2 channels the audio stabilizes but is out of sync. If someone has had success with this movie please tell me the solution. I made a MKV file, but it only showed a black screen in VLC media player and XBMC.
I now have tried to rip via AnyDVD HD but I am getting the copy/error message that I though you had solved. It shows list 589, but copies with the error message anyway. Is there a setting I am missing?

The reason is due to dolby atmos. Try my videos to see if they help. located in third party programs forum.

Back