• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

John Wick issues should be fixed

See 3rd post down from top of this page

SlyFox 1 told someone to "Set the region on your BD player"

BD players region is software based, not hardware. He was saying to set the player's region, not the drives.

My mistake!

BD players region is software based, not hardware. He was saying to set the player's region, not the drives.

I stand corrected!

bsather did set his region ( I checked his new log ) and it did not make a difference.

The Redbox/Netflix rental release now has the proper playlist (641) indicated however, yes, as noted by others there is still a problem. Previously, the when trying to play the movie you could get to the menu and it was between the menu and starting the movie that things fell apart. This was obviously due to the protections and playlist obfuscation. Now, there's immediately a problem upon inserting the disc or opening it in PowerDVD14 and apparently standalone players. You start off with a black screen and no way past it.

Until the problem is resolved you can: (1) use the Speedmenu which will allow getting to the movie, (2) use a player like VSO Media Player or any other player that that doesn't have menu support and lets you select the playlist directly, or (3) use any program that allows making a movie-only backup (ie CloneBD, BD Rebuilder, Clown_BD, etc) where you can select the playlist. Once you bypass the previews/menu garbage everything is fine.

Note: I don't honestly know if John Wick works with CloneBD but BD Rebuilder definitely does.

Last edited:
Some updated information for making an MP4 from the US Retail disc - I installed CLoneBD 1.0.2.9 and decided to try a different audio selection (AC3 vs something like 'English Multi-Channel...') and it seems to be working now. Not sure if it was the new version of CloneBD or the changed audio selection, but wanted to report this.

Whether or not the drives region is set or not is irrelevant. A bluray region is stored on the DISC not the drive level. Setting the drive region will have no impact on bluray region WHATSOEVER.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

The Redbox/Netflix rental release now has the proper playlist (641) indicated however, yes, as noted by others there is still a problem. Previously, the when trying to play the movie you could get to the menu and it was between the menu and starting the movie that things fell apart. This was obviously due to the protections and playlist obfuscation. Now, there's immediately a problem upon inserting the disc or opening it in PowerDVD14 and apparently standalone players. You start off with a black screen and no way past it.

So.... can someone please try again with an older version of AnyDVD?
The corrected playlists are in the OPD, so AnyDVD 7.5.7.3 should work just as well.

Maybe it's just a bug that snuck into 7.5.7.4

ALSO: people are saying, that the rental version comes with this problem.
Not a word about the retail version. So is the problem limited to the rental?

Just tried 7.5.7.3 Netflix rental works. I just received the disc so had the latest beta 7.5.7.4 installed.

Last edited:
Just tried 7.5.7.3 Netflix rental works. I just received the disc so had the latest beta 7.5.7.4 installed.

So, to be clear: 7.5.7.3 works and 7.5.7.4 doesn't?

The corrected playlists are in the OPD, so AnyDVD 7.5.7.3 should work just as well.

Maybe it's just a bug that snuck into 7.5.7.4

7.5.7.3 has never worked correctly with full disc playback.
Previous logs from 7.5.7.3 show Screen Pass removed but in it wasn`t actually removed corrected (wrong playlist/black screen in any licenced player)

All known versions (US retail, rental & Canadian) had the same issue in 7.5.7.3. and still the same in 7.5.7.4.

The status window playlist is a separate issue which is now fixed on all discs (via OPD)

Was the fix intended to fix full disc playback in a licenced player? Or was the fix just for playlist update via OPD?

Edit: Just noticed 7.5.7.3 is confirmed working so it must be a bug with 7.5.7.4 :)

Last edited:
OK, Now I'm confused??? RE: Was the fix intended to fix full disc playback in a licensed player? Or was the fix just for playlist update via OPD? (James: YES)

I can confirm that my "Retail" John Wick does not play at all after being processed with AnyDVD HD. It does not play in either TMT5 on my pc, or after being burned to a bluray disk it just shows a black screen. At least the previous rip would play until you got past the "Atmos" screen and now we can't even get that far. So how exactly is this fix supposed to work?

7.5.7.4 Does not "fix" the BLURAY disc. The backup is blackscreen from the start.

[All known versions (US retail, rental & Canadian) had the same issue in 7.5.7.3. and still the same in 7.5.7.4.

The status window playlist is a separate issue which is now fixed on all discs (via OPD)

See the thread in HD "Something strange is going on here"

OK, Now I'm confused??? RE: Was the fix intended to fix full disc playback in a licensed player? Or was the fix just for playlist update via OPD? (James: YES)

I can confirm that my "Retail" John Wick does not play at all after being processed with AnyDVD HD. It does not play in either TMT5 on my pc, or after being burned to a bluray disk it just shows a black screen. At least the previous rip would play until you got past the "Atmos" screen and now we can't even get that far. So how exactly is this fix supposed to work?

It is supposed to work just like a normal disc, but doesn't. (We don't have this disc, so we can't test it)

Have you tried the original disc with 7.5.7.3 since yesterdays fix? Or did you install 7.5.7.4 before you tested? (fix is from the OPD not in the new beta)

@ ddjmagic: RE: Have you tried the original disc with 7.5.7.3 since yesterdays fix? Or did you install 7.5.7.4 before you tested? (fix is from the OPD not in the new beta)
Yes, I have installed the new Beta before trying a new rip. I also tried the 7.5.7.3 on another computer and have the "SAME" black screen result.

Thanks worknstiff, so the US retail doesn't work in either 7.5.7.3 or 7.5.7.4.
The US rental works in 7.5.7.3 but not in 7.5.7.4.
The Canadian version doesn't work in 7.5.7.4 (Jeff R 1 did you delete the protected ISO? did you try with 7.5.7.3?)
Correct playlists are shown in status window for all discs.

It's hard to keep up... I'm glad I'm not a Slysoft developer :p )

Thanks worknstiff, so the US retail doesn't work in either 7.5.7.3 or 7.5.7.4.
The US rental works in 7.5.7.3 but not in 7.5.7.4.
The Canadian version doesn't work in 7.5.7.4 (Jeff R 1 did you delete the protected ISO? did you try with 7.5.7.3?)
Correct playlists are shown in status window for all discs.

It's hard to keep up... I'm glad I'm not a Slysoft developer :p )

Protected ISO of Retail US Best Buy version does not work in PowerDVD 14 with 7.5.7.4. With 7.5.7.3 it would play all the way up to the movie. With 7.5.7.4 it doesn't play anything.

az_raiden

Back