• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question ITVX Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrbee99

Wondering if anyone is using ITVX Premium ? Thought I'd try the trial but Anystream, so far, doesn't seem to know I'm running the trial, because when clicking on some items the download box was empty.... Then it occurred to log out of ITVX, close AS, re-open and login. That seems to fix things with download boxes showing the list of episodes (or whatever).

So now, I'm wondering, Premium isn't supposed to show ads, and true there aren't any ads, but I didn't get any ads before either. What I got before, and still get, are those title card things they put up between the the bit of program and the ads, so it visually doesn't switch from program to ads to program, but rather from program to card to ads to card to program. Now I still get the cards, but without the ads, so it goes program, card, card, program. If you understand what I mean, anyone else getting this or is it just me ?

Sounds like they have encoded the video that way and AS as usual strips the ads, as they can get changed every day the cannot be embedded into the video because then they would need to reencode it every time the ads change. It's the same for a specific Anime, in TV they have theses cards as well because they show ads, but when they release the video online, these cards are kept. Maybe to visualize that there is a little cut in the story or whatever.

I signed up for ITVX Premium towards the end of last year and cancelled a few days later as there ware too many problems compared to APV, Paramount and others. If your in the UK Britbox (from the same camp as ITVX) works with no issues.

I think ITVX are trying to run before they can walk and I do not have to time to play around with it when others will work.

The other issue with ITVX was that there was not much to download in 1920 x1080 but plenty in SD

I signed up for ITVX Premium towards the end of last year and cancelled a few days later as there ware too many problems compared to APV, Paramount and others. If your in the UK Britbox (from the same camp as ITVX) works with no issues.

I think ITVX are trying to run before they can walk and I do not have to time to play around with it when others will work.

The other issue with ITVX was that there was not much to download in 1920 x1080 but plenty in SD
So itvx premium is 1080p via anystream?? Update: NOPE No 1080p via ITVX Premium either

Last edited:
From memory most of the ITVX Premium downloads (via AS) were SD which is strange when Britbox has a lot of 1920 x 1080

ITVX in AS is 720p max, like D+. aint gonna change. ever. AFAIK.

If you do not leave a log file when you post an issue no one can help you.

Am sure its possible that these cards are part of the program but it does seem weird to do that. They're in, for example Why Didn't The Ask Evans ? and they're a slow zoom out, so you just get two slow zoom outs of the title in succession in the middle of the recording.

I would use Britbox but I'm in New Zealand, so I can use Britbox but can't use it via Amazon and Britbox as a separate provider isn't on AS. Acorn is in Nsw Zealand but also not on AS.

I've attached a log but don't know whats in it. I just followed the create instructions but I created it just now and the recordings are from yesterday....

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.7.2.0.astlog
    100.8 KB · Views: 2
Can I assume then that the answer is that these cards are just part of the video and it is what it is ?

Can I assume then that the answer is that these cards are just part of the video and it is what it is ?
errrrm, what cards, bro? like, when a chapter ends and then comes the card, then supposed ad, then card, then program continues? which shows? i downloaded a few, and previewed also a few and never saw any cards. like, ITVX logo and stuff? throw me a screenshot or something... btw, premium here as well. maybe they stick those to some, but not all shows?

Just an unrelated question ... can you tell me what's the maximum audio quality of itvx?
I'd like to add that to the Information Thread

Just an unrelated question ... can you tell me what's the maximum audio quality of itvx?
I'd like to add that to the Information Thread
ITVX (Web site version)
720p 96kb

ITVX (TV App Version) < we need this version added aswell :)
1080p

errrrm, what cards, bro? like, when a chapter ends and then comes the card, then supposed ad, then card, then program continues? which shows? i downloaded a few, and previewed also a few and never saw any cards. like, ITVX logo and stuff? throw me a screenshot or something... btw, premium here as well. maybe they stick those to some, but not all shows?
Yes, that kind of thing. Not ITV logo, program logo, sometimes program logo video. Get it in Vera S01E01 31m15s, for example, or The Ipcress file S01E01 15m30s, Why Didn't The Ask Evans ? S01E01 26m20s, Payback S01E01 14m20s.

No doubt others, no doubt not all.

Attachments

• Anystream Vera (Small).jpg
    Anystream Vera (Small).jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
For Payback

Attachments

• Anystream Payback video longer smaller.mp4
    1.3 MB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back