• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question ITVX Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, unless thats the terminology for such things. As you see in the video, its playing the program, then puts up the program logo / video 'thing' full screen, twice, then resumes the program.

For Payback
oh, those. those are normal. brassic also has them, and thats sky's production. it seems to be some sort of a new fad. and they are baked in, so no way for AS to remove them. also, they are a PITA when you have no subtitles and then try syncing subtitles from other sources.

Don't think Vera is Sky...

Anyway, as fads go, so far its managed to be both annoying and fairly minor. Annoying cause they're there and shouldn't be, minor cause there aren't too many per episode, they're brief and they're ad free.

Can't help thinking for subtitles it would help to have ones that don't give specific times in the program, but give times relative to the previous subtitle.

Is there a way to edit them out though ? I had a quick look in Avidemux and the start and end don't seem to fall on keyframes and I don't really want to remux them...

Is there a way to edit them out though ? I had a quick look in Avidemux and the start and end don't seem to fall on keyframes and I don't really want to remux them...
you can edit them out, but then you will need to edit the subtitles as well since youll be cutting a portion of, well... video/audio. personally id never embark on such an adventure sice it would take forever when dealing with TV shows. an occasional movie here and there? maybe, but i dont even do that. even if the cards appear only once at the beginning of the video (MGM+, STARZ sometimes has them, AMC+ as well etc). if there was a solution where you could cut the video and program then automagiccally cuts audio AND subtitles at the same time, id think about it, but as i said its just too much work IMO either way. usually i use videoredo's TVsuite for occasional cutting, but staxrip can do it as well, although i never used it for cutting/editing. i now have also installed capcut as well, just trying different, easy to use editors for, as i said, occasional editing. i find all editing programs a bit unintuitive, all of them miss something other have and vice versa, but thats just me. cheers.

I had / have an ffmpeg script I found / googled that used to, far as I could tell, chop the beginning and end off programs in a batch, but it just seemed to stop working properly. It screwed up the length of the video section or subtitles section or something. Was great for killing the 10 minutes you get at the end of some stuff listing all the subtitle providers...

And as mentioned Avidemux would be fine except for needing to cut at keyframes (and loosing any and all subs in the video).

These are ad break cues and are stylistic more than functional. You guys would have gone nuts with TV shows from the 1960s-mid-1980s when ad breaks were pre-signaled to engineers at affiliated stations with a visible small rectangular box at the top of the screen called a cue box that often showed moving lines for up to 60 seconds (!) before a commercial break began. These were commonly used by Canadian and British television networks. (EXAMPLE: At the 1:30 mark here:
). Some ITV shows also still use the very old practice of visibly identifying the start and end of each "part" of the show, which occured at the commercial break. For example, the recent mini-series on the British Post Office scandal displayed "end of part one" on the screen right before the commercial break and "part two" when the show started up again after the ads. These are also a part of the original show.

Signboards like the one used with Vera are only slightly irritating to me when they have short accompanying music that you hear twice in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back