• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

It's Ironic

If you think about it, your comment doesn't make any sense... so if it's a screenrecorder, why does it stop working at the same moment anystream does? obviously because they're using the same method or a similar method to bypass DRM, and the files i've downloaded on anystream/competitor had the exact same filesize - that would'nt happen on a screenrecorder...

they actually have a mix of recorders/downloaders, but now that downloaders are kaput, it's but recorders, I thought that was kind of obvious?..

Im using it for NF as we speak. I may be wrong but there is no sign of screen recording going on right now

Attachments

• InkedCapture_LI.jpg
    InkedCapture_LI.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 60
they actually have a mix of recorders/downloaders, but now that downloaders are kaput, it's but recorders, I thought that was kind of obvious?..

Yeah, otherwise they probably would'nt be able to offer so many services... anyway it's a wrong statement that it's just a screenrecorder because at least for netflix/amazon it wasn't when i tried it.

What I take from this discussion and others on the forum is that whatever happened (Revocation of some CDM I believe) affected everyone.
So that brings up the "Token Question" for Redfox and A/S.

If Redfox and the other providers used the same exploit at the same time, then it is clear that the competitors product allowed them to download as much as they wanted, wheres AS (using exactly the same exploit) limited it customers.
The reasons for the limitation and tokens Redfox uses falls apart if others are doing exactly the same without limitations. Both will be affected at some point.
I myself, was busy downloading from Amazon and was stopped by lack of tokens to complete the series, even though there would have been time to do that.

And as with all forums, I see there are those who will "like" what Redfox moderators and "fan-bois" have to say and call the views of those with contrarian opinions (but valid IMHO) foolish and more. (And lock threads and then allow the moderators to continue posting - last word eh? Very mature)

I’ve tried SF and honestly that thing never impressed me. I don’t care how many providers it has, it’s all useless if you can’t simply grab whatever audio track the streaming provider has available. SF is so broken because they have so many providers and not enough people are managing it. Believe me, I’ve tried it a while back and I ran into so many issues.
AS on the other hand, any issue I ever had was immediately looked at and fixed within two days. That to me was impressive, and that to me is what really matters most. The developers here are really quick about fixing things. Also like another user said, SF was down when the Amazon problem showed up a while back and they took longer than AS.
As it stands right now, no other competition is doing true downloads. If I truly need something, I’ll just grab a free program that can screen record for me. Then I can later fix it. No need to spend more money on screen recorders.
Just my opinion. Don’t need anyone going off the walls because of this post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I take from this discussion and others on the forum is that whatever happened (Revocation of some CDM I believe) affected everyone.
So that brings up the "Token Question" for Redfox and A/S.

If Redfox and the other providers used the same exploit at the same time, then it is clear that the competitors product allowed them to download as much as they wanted, wheres AS (using exactly the same exploit) limited it customers.
The reasons for the limitation and tokens Redfox uses falls apart if others are doing exactly the same without limitations. Both will be affected at some point.
I myself, was busy downloading from Amazon and was stopped by lack of tokens to complete the series, even though there would have been time to do that.

And as with all forums, I see there are those who will "like" what Redfox moderators and "fan-bois" have to say and call the views of those with contrarian opinions (but valid IMHO) foolish and more. (And lock threads and then allow the moderators to continue posting - last word eh? Very mature)

You know what's not mature? Calling those that disagree with you, "fan-bois."

If you think about it, your comment doesn't make any sense... so if it's a screenrecorder, why does it stop working at the same moment anystream does? obviously because they're using the same method or a similar method to bypass DRM, and the files i've downloaded on anystream/competitor had the exact same filesize - that would'nt happen on a screenrecorder...

Well i did say IF it's the one i think it is. That obviously doesn't apply if "the monkey" isn't the one that other person is talking about. But there's a real quick and easy way to find out if its a downloader or a screen recorder. See: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/the-difference-between-download-and-record-and-how-to-spot-it.80563/

*edit* just had a look at "the monkey" all-in-one version. $3899 non-discounted version. "Discounted" to $239.99. Lolz and then as someone else said, ppl complain AS is expensive. Sure....

Then there's this

Due to the upgraded DRM schemes applied on Dec. 1, some timely fixes were made in this new version, however, we still need more time to correct all the problems.
Here below is the current status of the streaming services:
For Amazon, most videos still can be downloaded as 1080p video with EAC3 5.1 audio track, but the new releases can only be saved as 480p video with AAC 2.0 audio now.

So they can download at 1080p 5.1surround but they can only save at 480p with stereo. That requires re-encoding of the video and BY DEFAULT makes that thing a screen recorder and not a downloader.

Last edited:
Well i did say IF it's the one i think it is. That obviously doesn't apply if "the monkey" isn't the one that other person is talking about. But there's a real quick and easy way to find out if its a downloader or a screen recorder. See: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/the-difference-between-download-and-record-and-how-to-spot-it.80563/

*edit* just had a look at "the monkey" all-in-one version. $3899 non-discounted version. "Discounted" to $239.99. Lolz and then as someone else said, ppl complain AS is expensive. Sure....

Then there's this

So they can download at 1080p 5.1surround but they can only save at 480p with stereo. That requires re-encoding of the video and BY DEFAULT makes that thing a screen recorder and not a downloader.

Don't bother, that 'similar' app if it's the one i think it is, with a monkey as a logo isn't similar at all. It's a screen recorder, not a downloader.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

You said that the app with the monkey as a logo was a screen-recorder, and that was wrong. (until the DRM change, now it's a workaround solution which i would
'nt use while AS doesn't work at all)
i agree with you that the price is a joke, especially if you don't need all the services - there're many that i've never heard of. the discounted price is w/o tax, if you're trying to purchase it is almost 290 - so way higher than AS.

What they are saying is older stuff can still be downloaded at 1080p. Anything new is where the problems occur. Ive just grabbed something from AP at 1080p to test this theory before i replied. Yes there is re-encoding for new stuff which ive not bothered with. Same for NF , Hulu. HM still downloads as normal in new release no re-encoding needed. Im not here to go against what you say just to add some input.

I would also like to say although yes i own both products i much prefer AS. I just find it handy that i can revert to product 2 in times of need like this

What they are saying is older stuff can still be downloaded at 1080p. Anything new is where the problems occur. Ive just grabbed something from AP at 1080p to test this theory before i replied. Yes there is re-encoding for new stuff which ive not bothered with. Same for NF , Hulu. HM still downloads as normal in new release no re-encoding needed. Im not here to go against what you say just to add some input.

I would also like to say although yes i own both products i much prefer AS. I just find it handy that i can revert to product 2 in times of need like this
Why their Software is still able to download at least older stuff normally
While AS stopped Completely
??
can someone explain to me please

??

I think it's been explained over and over, but no one is listening.

You refused to do batch downloads forcing users to sit at PC for hours, you refused to remove the silly download limit that that you claim will stop providers from breaking AS and you prevented nothing.

You are using a public exploit just like your competitors (no secret going on here) and you tell ALL your paying customers they need to be restricted to prevent this.

Well it's nonsense! Amazon, HBOMAX etc. have still broken AS, and your competitors because you all use the same public exploits.

Then you want me to pay you even more money to get HBOMAX and some new providers.
I am very sorry you feel that way, but it’s not going to change ,

I wish you stop w/ this silly limit nonsense, add batch download and I would gladly pay you an on-going monthly fee.
??
Please do a search on the forum, its been explained a few times.

Back