• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is there an advantage in having a Cinavia free PowerDVD player?

antipodes

I took the opportunity to download a trial version of PowerDVD which does not detect Cinavia and tested it with a known Blu-ray copy infected with Cinavia there was no muting of sound during playback with the AnyDVD HD running with its non-detection of Cinavia setting un-ticked. When I ran the infected copy through PowerDVD16 with the setting un-ticked the sound did mute as expected. However the AnyDVDHD solution is very effective and I am wondering if there is any point in purchasing Cinavia free player software if you have AnyDVD HD installed? Any one have any views on this.

I have very few Cinavia infected discs but my concern is that more blu-rays will be released with features that older players will not be able to play back.

I took the opportunity to download a trial version of PowerDVD which does not detect Cinavia and tested it with a known Blu-ray copy infected with Cinavia there was no muting of sound during playback with the AnyDVD HD running with its non-detection of Cinavia setting un-ticked. When I ran the infected copy through PowerDVD16 with the setting un-ticked the sound did mute as expected. However the AnyDVDHD solution is very effective and I am wondering if there is any point in purchasing Cinavia free player software if you have AnyDVD HD installed? Any one have any views on this.

I have very few Cinavia infected discs but my concern is that more blu-rays will be released with features that older players will not be able to play back.
Basically, with AnyDVD enabled in the background, any version of PowerDVD can play without being bothered with Cinavia at all. Now, if you can somehow get a copy of PowerDVD 10 Ultra, then you're golden. That is the one that James, the AnyDVD developer recommends for PowerDVD playback. It is relatively light on your machine's resources and plays back regular Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D without incident.

Please see here and here, along with here, for 3 examples.

On a personal note, since I managed (via Amazon before they were sold out) to get 3 copies of PowerDVD 10 Ultra to put on my main PC (Windows 10 Pro,) along with my Windows 10 Pro laptop and my Windows 7 Home laptop, I use PowerDVD 10 Ultra as my default video player more often than I do with the latest version of PowerDVD Ultra that I own for my 2 Windows 10 Pro machines, which is currently version 17 as I write this in 2017.

:)

Thanks whatever_gong82. I could not get a download for the version that James recommended but I was able to download a trial copy PowerDVD12 which handles Blu-ray and Blu-ray3D but I am thinking that as long as you have a do not detect Cinavia version of AnyDVD HD it does not matter if PowerDVD detects Cinavia or not except perhaps for the demands it makes on your machines resources. I would be glad to be proved wrong. On rereading your post I think you have said the same thing.

Thanks whatever_gong82. I could not get a download for the version that James recommended but I was able to download a trial copy PowerDVD12 which handles Blu-ray and Blu-ray3D but I am thinking that as long as you have a do not detect Cinavia version of AnyDVD HD it does not matter if PowerDVD detects Cinavia or not except perhaps for the demands it makes on your machines resources. I would be glad to be proved wrong. On rereading your post I think you have said the same thing.
You're welcome, antipodes.

If you ever find a way to get a copy of PowerDVD 10 Ultra, I got from one of the members of this Forum the very last patch to version 10, version 5816. I could then send the patch to you via Dropbox after a PM.

PowerDVD 10 Ultra is also on Cyberlink's Media Suite 9 Ultra, which is where I got mine (new and unopened) for my 3 machines. I don't see it on Amazon anymore, but if you could ask around, it might still be available, you just have to check out other legit channels.

Hi, Just read this thread and figured I would load PowerDVD 10 on my windows 8 mce machine. The version I have installed is V10.0.1830.51 SR DVD100611-07 so I figured I would hit it with the latest update and when I went to cyberlinks website to download the update it wasn't there for the ultra version. They are trying to push ppl into 11 or 12 free. Which I have as well but just want the version 10. Does anyone have the ultra patch latest one they had up there on the web at one time to pm me with ? I would sure appreciate it very much. Thank you. I have a patch but I do not think it is the lastest. It is CyberLink.2701(Ultra_Free_DVD110221-01.exe.

The last few patches of pdvd 10 (I think 2) add cinavia detection to V10. Previous versions don't have it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

OK, here is a patch I found on a hard drive of mine sitting around. CyberLink.3715(Ultra_Free_DVD111219-02.exe Looks like after that came out I said time to upgrade and bought version 12 or updated to it free or something. So for that part I no longer have any of the later patches. If it does add cinavia detection than I might not want them anyways. Here is something I found on the cyberlink forums..

v5816
adds compatibility for latest FOX movies

v5223
fixes issue that PowerDVD crash when playback Blu-Ray disc

v4520
1. Improves playback compatibility for 20th Century Fox's latest Blu-ray Disc titles.

v3715
1. PowerDVD 10’s volume setting now synchronizes with system volume setting.
2. Improves compatibility with AMD Radeon HD 6000 series when connecting to 3D display devices.
3. Improves DVD folder playback compatibility.
4. Improves PowerDVD 10 stability to prevent the program from closing unexpectedly in rare cases.

So My question is this. Since I have patch 3715 is it safe to install it and if so will I need the later 5816 patch for fox titles or is that developer bs on cyberlinks part to scare ppl?

I for sure never downloaded any of the v4 or v5 patches as posted above. Was def on a newer powerdvd at that point but I would like them if anyone has patch v5816 that would be cool.

OK, here is a patch I found on a hard drive of mine sitting around. CyberLink.3715(Ultra_Free_DVD111219-02.exe Looks like after that came out I said time to upgrade and bought version 12 or updated to it free or something. So for that part I no longer have any of the later patches. If it does add cinavia detection than I might not want them anyways. Here is something I found on the cyberlink forums..

v5816
adds compatibility for latest FOX movies

v5223
fixes issue that PowerDVD crash when playback Blu-Ray disc

v4520
1. Improves playback compatibility for 20th Century Fox's latest Blu-ray Disc titles.

v3715
1. PowerDVD 10’s volume setting now synchronizes with system volume setting.
2. Improves compatibility with AMD Radeon HD 6000 series when connecting to 3D display devices.
3. Improves DVD folder playback compatibility.
4. Improves PowerDVD 10 stability to prevent the program from closing unexpectedly in rare cases.

So My question is this. Since I have patch 3715 is it safe to install it and if so will I need the later 5816 patch for fox titles or is that developer bs on cyberlinks part to scare ppl?
Neither version 3715 or 5816 have Cinavia in them, so you're good to go. I've been using version 5816 for at least a year now, and I haven't had any issues. I didn't disable the Cinavia check in AnyDVD, but from what I read in this Forum, I won't need to.

PowerDVD 10 is the last version of the software from Cyberlink that doesn't look for the Cinavia signal. However, from PowerDVD 11 on, all of them have either a patch (in the case of the very last patches of PowerDVD 11,) or any of the versions of PowerDVD itself, from version 12 onwards from now on.

EDIT: Fox titles will still work weird with PowerDVD 10, so I'd post an AnyDVD log here first if you have any issues, so that they can make your disc 'play right' with PowerDVD 10.

I was thinking about those pesky fox titles and even tron legacy I remember having problem with the original disc and powerdvd 10 but I think tron might be fine now. I may just pop my powerdvd 17 on same time since it uses a different directory I think. Was wanting to avoid that because it loads up dlna and other crap that powerdvd 10 never did. Being my mce box I wanted it on the lighter side. I want to say thanks to everyone who posted on this topic. Your advice helped me very much and I appreciate it.

I was thinking about those pesky fox titles and even tron legacy I remember having problem with the original disc and powerdvd 10 but I think tron might be fine now. I may just pop my powerdvd 17 on same time since it uses a different directory I think. Was wanting to avoid that because it loads up dlna and other crap that powerdvd 10 never did. Being my mce box I wanted it on the lighter side. I want to say thanks to everyone who posted on this topic. Your advice helped me very much and I appreciate it.
Glad to help. That's what we're here for: a bunch of volunteers that love what we're doing, and doing it legitimately.

EDIT: Google on how to limit PowerDVD from starting up, unless you want it to. There is some ways to do it.

@James I purchased a new computer which came with 2 pioneer reader/burners. Included with the pioneer package was the Cyberlink package "Media Director 10" which included PowerDVD 10 which I hoped was Cinavia free but as the screen shot shows is sadly not the case. Oddly the trial version of PowerDVD 12 is Cinavia free.

Attachments

• pdvd10.jpg
    pdvd10.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 29
I knew it, I'll dig through my setups too. Pretty sure it's not just limited to the OEM versions

@James Included with the pioneer package was the Cyberlink package "Media Director 10" which included PowerDVD 10 which I hoped was Cinavia free but as the screen shot shows is sadly not the case.
That's an OEM version (probably based on PowerDVD12 and named 10 to confuse you...?)
The retail version of 10 never detected Cinavia.

I knew it, I'll dig through my setups too. Pretty sure it's not just limited to the OEM versions
Trust me, I removed Cinavia from every PowerDVD version ever made. PowerDVD 10 retail doesn't detect it.

Trust me, I removed Cinavia from every PowerDVD version ever made. PowerDVD 10 retail doesn't detect it.

Oh I don't doubt that, I just distinctly remember the last few builds getting cinavia detection added. That's all

James said:
Happy to accept your advice James. I do recall advice in the forum advising readers to avoid installing firmware updates to avoid the possibility of Cinavia being installed along with the other updates. I can't state the advice applied to powerDVD players.

Pc drives can't have cinavia added via firmware. There's no room in the drive for the accompanying hardware too. Cinavia detection on a PC is purely done software wise. Standalones are a different matter if they were licensed and release end of 2011 or beginning of 2012

I apologize for replying to an old thread, but am I to understand that Cinavia works only with discs and not files on PowerDVD?
This is correct. Easy check: AnyDVD's notification icon will not turn purple during file playback. Regardless of Internet connection or not.

Back