• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I thought we were going to start deleting all of these complaint threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete702

The purchasing system is up and anticipated, a stream of complaints about having to pay again have started.

The stickyed thread License section cleaned - Everyone Read says the mods are going to start taking firmer action on these posts. And in turn purged the licensing section of all of this crap, including the very long but very thought out post I made about this very issue and the fact that it needs to be stopped (as well as a vigorous defense of the Redfox team which I know, you guys say you don't want).

Well, I for one am sick of still seeing the complaints. I'm not rewriting my thought out post, it got wiped, so be it.

I am however now calling for the mods to do what chevron posted. Start deleting anything that isn't a valid licensing issue. As Ch3vr0n posted "However the time for endlessly discussing the same things over and over again will come to an end. Eveything that can be said, has been said and beaten to pulp and then put into a blender to grind some more. Continuing these endless debates serves no purpose."

So, mods, let's start using the delete button please. Like this post if you agree.

I don't happen to agree, for not liking censorship.

Locking repetitive complaint threads is one thing, but deleting threads is not something I would agree with.

But how RedFox and the duly designated moderators maintain the forum is not up to my likes or wishes. They set the rules, I simply have to abide by them.

Most of the current ones are genuine questions, they can complain fine. What I said in that sticky is debating is done. Complain once, sure but we're not going to be drawn back into debating. When we see a thread going that way it gets locked. Take a look at the locked ones, I've been cracking the lock whip pretty hard ;-)

Once the 'dust' settles, another round of cleaning will be done and everything will be back to normal.

EDIT:

This needs saving. (I'd have liked my vigorous defense saved too, but that's both a little vanity and the fact that I don't feel that there is enough people vigorously defending the Redfox creators from all of these attacks [hopefully they saw mine before it was erased from existence]).

From the thread "Just tell us the truth" Redfox 1's post:
Son, we live in a world that has decryption, and that decryption has to be broken by men with brains.. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for people that have to pay, and you curse RedFox. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Slysofts death, while tragic, probably woke some people up. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves discs. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in this forum, you need me in this forum. We use words like decryption, title sets and backing up. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of decryption that we provide, and then questions the manner in which we provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up your credit card, and buy AnyDVDHD. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

From my upcoming movie " A few Fine Developers "

I promise you Pete, your post will be saved. Thanks.

I don't happen to agree, for not liking censorship.

Locking repetitive complaint threads is one thing, but deleting threads is not something I would agree with.

But how RedFox and the duly designated moderators maintain the forum is not up to my likes or wishes. They set the rules, I simply have to abide by them.

I'm as big as a first amendment supporter as anyone. And I generally decry censorship too. But yes, in this instance, it's totally warranted. The constant bitching/complaining/attacking (you choose your verb, I know how I see it) is total and utter BS. It provides no one any benefit. That litmus test alone warrants it's erasure. Should it serve a purpose, then ya, ok, leave it for debate. But this crap doesn't anymore. 35MM put a post in my defense post about the mememe generation and I wish I could quote it here because it bears relevance.

I said it then, I'm saying it again (but not as long). We owe all these guys some serious respect. They choose to pick up the pieces and bring this software back which is critical to many of us. We almost lost AnyDVD. They didn't have to do this. But they have. I totally believe everything they've posted and to see their dedication and passion to this really gives me pause. And it should give everyone else pause too. The world would be a better place if we had more folks like them, folks willing to take a stand, and fight for something they believe in, on their own dime.

Most of the current ones are genuine questions, they can complain fine. What I said in that sticky is debating is done. Complain once, sure but we're not going to be drawn back into debating. When we see a thread going that way it gets locked. Take a look at the locked ones, I've been cracking the lock whip pretty hard ;-)

Once the 'dust' settles, another round of cleaning will be done and everything will be back to normal.

Thanks Ch3vr0n. I guess I wish every one of these bitch posts could be immediately deleted, that would send a message that it's a total waste of the poster's time to even make the post, cause it's going to be eradicated since people still feel the need to write it.

Not questioning your modding btw, just wish it would just. freaking. stop. But I look forward to the next 'purge'. :D

I promise you Pete, your post will be saved. Thanks.

Thank you. As long as you guys saw it, that's all that matters. You guys are loved, and respected. And for every bitch post, I know there are 100 folks who feel the opposite.

I'm as big as a first amendment supporter as anyone. And I generally decry censorship too. But yes, in this instance, it's totally warranted.
And I simply do not agree. :)

RedFox will run the forum as they see fit.

I'm as big as a first amendment supporter as anyone. And I generally decry censorship too. But yes, in this instance, it's totally warranted. The constant bitching/complaining/attacking (you choose your verb, I know how I see it) is total and utter BS. It provides no one any benefit. That litmus test alone warrants it's erasure. Should it serve a purpose, then ya, ok, leave it for debate. But this crap doesn't anymore. 35MM put a post in my defense post about the mememe generation and I wish I could quote it here because it bears relevance.

I said it then, I'm saying it again (but not as long). We owe all these guys some serious respect. They choose to pick up the pieces and bring this software back which is critical to many of us. We almost lost AnyDVD. They didn't have to do this. But they have. I totally believe everything they've posted and to see their dedication and passion to this really gives me pause. And it should give everyone else pause too. The world would be a better place if we had more folks like them, folks willing to take a stand, and fight for something they believe in, on their own dime.

"We almost lost" -- "fight for something" --- in the last 10 years this company new and old has milked its customers time and time again, seems like mismanagement to me and several people here that have spent hundreds just to get left hanging again. People please don't support the clowns again they will just screw you in two to three years such has they have in the past

Last 10 years? Looks like u need to go back to math class. Redfox didn't exist until end 2015. Insulting the staff without any base will not be tolerated.

"We almost lost" -- "fight for something" --- in the last 10 years this company new and old has milked its customers time and time again, seems like mismanagement to me and several people here that have spent hundreds just to get left hanging again. People please don't support the clowns again they will just screw you in two to three years such has they have in the past
If that is, in fact, your stance, why in the world are you wasting your time (and ours) with your trolling? I don't mind being milked again but I do mind trolls coming here and causing trouble.

Interesting opinion, but not one I happen to share.

Thanks for sharing, filing your rant in the appropriate place.

Let's get back on topic shall we, appropriate action has already been taken. Let's just continue as normal.

Wow, that is what censorship stops. Only listen to one side is censoring the truth. If there is a lot of complaints then that is the pulse of the people and needs to be heard. If you have more negative then positive and have to delete posts than you are doing something wrong. I guess welcome to a Chinese censored board? In order to make it look in your favor?

Not at all. The post is still there. it's just this. Everything that can be said, has been said the past weeks in multiple debates across dozens of topics in 2 sections. What's done is done, there's no point in restarting the debates and dwell over it. The time for debating is over, that's all.

Not at all. The post is still there. it's just this. Everything that can be said, has been said the past weeks in multiple debates across dozens of topics in 2 sections. What's done is done, there's no point in restarting the debates and dwell over it. The time for debating is over, that's all.

Ok, I do see that point.

There's also a difference between a simple 'complaint' and calling the staff clowns and customers 'suckers' like in another post. Slander and insults are against forum regulations. If there's one thing we can't tolerate it's insults on users and staff. But nuff said about that. Back on topic :)

I know I shouldn't feed the troll. Sitting here arguing with myself on responding. But ya, I just can't let this one sit (and will gladly take a smack for doing it). And FurryGuy not to call you out, but this is great example of why this crap should just be utterly deleted. It serves no purpose, has no fact, and is nothing but a unfounded attack. All is does is attempt to spew hate, incite anger, and further the ever growing internet mob mentality.

If that is, in fact, your stance, why in the world are you wasting your time (and ours) with your trolling? I don't mind being milked again but I do mind trolls coming here and causing trouble.

Couldn't have said it better myself mmdavis. I think it kinda sad that these folks have nothing better to do with their time than to come on a message board and spew BS. How that time could better be spent in any number of positive ways.

Let's pick apart xmarine's BS. In the last 10 years, AnyDVD has not broken, once. Every new protection that has been thrown at it, the creators have busted. New operating system? Compatible! I bought my first license I think in 2005-2006? It's never stopped working. And I've seen multiple threads where folks who had problems with licensing contacted support and were fixed. Anytime a new protection rolled out, it was laughable how fast a new AnyDVD version was released that busted greedy hollywood's efforts. Alot of times within HOURS. So "milked it's customers" is (as the Mythbusters like to say) COMPLETELY BUSTED. Who has spent hundreds? Well I guess I have as I had multiple LTL's. I wasn't left hanging. These folks continued on. So many people are thankful for that.

Where were they mismanged? Oh you mean slysoft the company not paying the creators, ya, that happened. The same creators who footed out of pocket I might add the new server and hosting and payment setup that has allowed AnyDVD to continue on (including cracking new protections [MJPt2]). Also I don't know that you can say that even slysoft was mismanged as far as why they were eradicated. That was a result of the AACS-LA and greedy Hollywood crying to the US State and Commerce departments which in turn threatened the Antiguan government to stop Slysoft (google it, multiple news sources). And the Antiguan government had no choice but to do their bidding or face sanctions. When it rises to that international level, it's a whole other can of worms.

This may also be shocking, but I'm actually kind of glad this happened in a way. Why? Not for all the hate and turmoil for sure or the horrible gauntlet these fine folks have had to endure. But because now, the creators are getting the money direct for their creation - no middleman! And they've gone underground, so it will be pretty darn impossible for history to repeat itself. The worst that can happen is they loose the payment processor or the board be shut down and they have to get another one. There's always a country willing to give the US the finger and refuse to recognize their elitest attitude. So by this happening, AACS-LA and Hollywood have basically guaranteed that they will forever be f'd (which makes me smile big). Redfox cracking UHD is coming (I bet it's already well underway).

All of this thanks to a few unbelievably talented and passionate folks who refused to be exterminated. Respect is deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back