• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved I really want to like this service but...

deltamind106

I downloaded and installed the AnyStream trial because I want to try saving some of my content on Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu to my new NAS. It looks like I get 10 downloads during my trial to test things out.
I queued 2 movies (one from Netflix and one from Amazon Prime) and they started downloading. Both were horrendously slow. After about 30 minutes and about 15% progress on the two movies, AnyStream crashed and could not pick up where it left off.

Now my quota is 8 downloads. So I tried just the Netflix movie and let it run. This time it got to around 25% after about 45 minutes, and then it said that it could not write to the output file any more. This makes no sense, because the destination was my local hard drive and it was working fine.

Now my quota is 7 downloads. I tried a different movie on Amazon Prime. This time there was an error in the AnyStream embedded browser, which said something like "there is a web digital rights management module missing from your browser". And the download never started.

I would really prefer to support AnyStream, but I'm not off to a good start here.

you get 10 downloads with the trial. And then after the first 10 downloads you get one a day until the trial is over I am not in the office now, but I’ll get back to this in the morning. We will straighten everything out. AnyStream is a simple program. don’t worry, I will get you sorted.

The first thing I would like you to do is make a logfile and upload it to the forum. Then look at the screenshots I made for you and make sure you have all the settings correct. Country, language, etc.

as.pngdownloadables.png

Another thing to mention is that I don't think you will use a token if you download the same thing again. So if a download fail for any reason you can retry without using a token again.

Another thing to mention is that I don't think you will use a token if you download the same thing again. So if a download fail for any reason you can retry without using a token again.
As long as you do not close AnyStream inbetween the two attempts ;)

I queued 2 movies (one from Netflix and one from Amazon Prime) and they started downloading. Both were horrendously slow. After about 30 minutes and about 15% progress on the two movies, AnyStream crashed and could not pick up where it left off.
That is extremely slow, indeed. The download speed surely is limited by your internet speed and also the bandwidth the provider supplies (which often is less).
But I think you just uncovered something, that went unnoticed for a long time.
In the early days, AnyStream defaulted to "real-time downloads" and you could increase the speed by changing the settings. The idea was to keep a low profile.
That has long been changed and it should default to unlimited speed. But it seems (and has gone unnoticed until now), that if you never opened the settings and clicked "ok", the speed will still be at real time. Since most people will, at some time, have changed settings, this will not be an issue, unless you just unpack AnyStream and download right away.

This will be fixed in the next version.
For now, just make sure to open the settings and click ok. That should fix your speed issue.

Regarding the crash: AnyStream rarely crashes. If it does happen and the resulting crash dump gets posted, we usually get that sorted out quickly.
So if you got a crash dump file, please post it here.

Now my quota is 8 downloads. So I tried just the Netflix movie and let it run. This time it got to around 25% after about 45 minutes, and then it said that it could not write to the output file any more. This makes no sense, because the destination was my local hard drive and it was working fine.
If anything odd happens, please make sure to create a log file (while AnyStream is still running the same session) and post it here.

Now my quota is 7 downloads. I tried a different movie on Amazon Prime. This time there was an error in the AnyStream embedded browser, which said something like "there is a web digital rights management module missing from your browser". And the download never started.
That is simply due to the way the Amazon provider is implemented in AnyStream. It runs browser-based and you can't click on "play" as you would, if you're viewing content, you need to click the downloads button instead, as @RedFox 1 says in this post: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/i-really-want-to-like-this-service-but.87982/post-613501

I'll be happy to reset your trial-downloads for you, if I can identify your trial license - posting a log file will do that.

Thank you so much for the help everyone! I will try some of these things tonight after work and post my results.
I'm not really worried about resetting the trial-download count. I want to get the software working reliably and then I am happy to pay for a lifetime license.

I don't think my Internet is a "bottleneck" per-se. I have FIOS 1Gb fiber, not to mention that I was able to download 4 movies with StreamFab and each one took about 5 minutes. So the bandwidth is obviously there. I did take a quick look at the settings and the "limit" was set to Unlimited.

AnyStream_S7FGdAgiqB.png

Would you please upload a logfile for me? I gave you the instructions in the first post after yours. Here they are again

Thank you so much for the help everyone! I will try some of these things tonight after work and post my results.
I'm not really worried about resetting the trial-download count. I want to get the software working reliably and then I am happy to pay for a lifetime license.

I don't think my Internet is a "bottleneck" per-se. I have FIOS 1Gb fiber, not to mention that I was able to download 4 movies with StreamFab and each one took about 5 minutes. So the bandwidth is obviously there. I did take a quick look at the settings and the "limit" was set to Unlimited.

View attachment 73525
I think what Pete is trying to tell you (if I get what he is laying down), even though it says "Unlimited", the setting is not applying and defaulting to an ancient setting. To solve that you need to open those settings as you did above and just click OK to apply what's in front of you and then "Unlimited" will take effect.

I think what Pete is trying to tell you (if I get what he is laying down), even though it says "Unlimited", the setting is not applying and defaulting to an ancient setting. To solve that you need to open those settings as you did above and just click OK to apply what's in front of you and then "Unlimited" will take effect.
(y) exactly.
Clicking "OK" is the key.

Version 1.6.1.0 will be release soon, it should fix the issue either way.

Might not be relevant, but there is also the setting for "download simultaneous files" which can be set to 2 or 3 or something. Sorry, I don't have AS open right now, but I think it is the last tab.

The OP has an issue where his files are downloading slower than normal. I believe this is why he needs some assistance. The only way I can see that is with a log file and the name of the movie and what provider he is using. I don't think simultaneous files are an issue here.

Would you please upload a logfile for me? I gave you the instructions in the first post after yours. Here they are again

As I said in my previous post, I will work on this after work. I can't do it from here. I do appreciate your willingness to help.

So I followed the suggestions here, especially the one to go in to the settings and "just press ok" to override the default download speed. Basically once I did that, everything started working well. I also rebooted my computer which often helps things work better after newly installing software... Then I downloaded a couple of movies from Amazon Prime and they only took about 2-3 minutes each. I could not reproduce any crashes or errors.

On the first crash that did happen when I was downloading my first 2 movies simultaneously, the entire app just disappeared. There was no warning and no error message and no opportunity to get any kind of log file or dump. Literally the app just vanished in an instant, and all I could do was restart it. I also have not seen the error where it could not write to the output file again. And lastly, I did notice that the error about "web digital rights management" for Amazon seems to be inconsequential, and if I just use the button as described by RedFox1 then it works despite the message. So all in all it seems like a whole bunch of beginners ignorance and bad luck.

I will try grabbing a few other movies & shows from some of my other providers like Hulu and Disney+ see how they work. If I run into any more trouble then I will post a log file as requested.

Thanks so much to everyone for the help!

Back