• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hulu Audio Language and Audio track Grayed Out

zero269

I'm using hulu for the first time today (ever) and noticed the Audio Language and Audio track are not selectable (grayed out).

upload_2022-1-12_23-34-44.png

If I could change the Audio to DD+ surround I'd be in business...

I tried the following versions that all produce the same results for different content:
  • v1280 Sons of Anarchy (2008)
  • v1290 Deadpool (2016)
  • v1291 The Wonder Years (19988)
Log files attached... Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.8.0 SOA s01e01.astlog
    863.2 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.2.9.0 Deadpool 2016.astlog
    784.5 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.2.9.1 Wonder Years 1988.astlog
    866.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I took the grayed out to mean there is only one audio option available (the one visible and locked in).

Thats fixed in V 1292.
Wait. I've been downloading A LOT from Hulu lately and have run into this several times. I just assumed this meant that there was only one audio and one subtitle option. Does this mean there were always more options and we couldn't access them until now that it's "fixed"?

Wait. I've been downloading A LOT from Hulu lately and have run into this several times. I just assumed this meant that there was only one audio and one subtitle option. Does this mean there were always more options and we couldn't access them until now that it's "fixed"?

I assumed the same thing... time to re-download i guess...

Thats fixed in V 1292.
Unfortunately, the problem is persistent with v1292.

I tested the following titles which all result in a grayed-out Audio language and Audio track:

upload_2022-1-13_17-6-53.png

• Wonder Years (Series) (1988) [TV-PG]
  • Family Guy (Series) (1999) [14+]
  • Sons of Anarchy (Series) (2008) [18+]
  • Jack Reacher 1 (2012) [13+]
  • Sonic The Hedgehog (2020) [PG]
  • Deadpool 1 (2016) [R]
  • Deadpool 2 (2018) [R]
  • Princess Bride (1987) [PG]
  • Armageddon (1998) [13+]
  • Trolls 2 World Tour (2020) [PG]
  • Resident Evil 1 (2002) [R]

In other words, everything produces the same results.

However, the Goldbergs had the option to change the Audio language, but not the Audio track.
And Yellowstone is blank with no season dropdown available.

upload_2022-1-13_17-17-16.png

For the DEV TEAM, see attached log file. Thanks...

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.9.2.astlog
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I get the SAME THING for Yellowstone, BUT, if I hover over Yellowstone on the site, it tells me (in big red letters) "Not available with your subscription." That explains why it doesn't work for me..

I'm using hulu for the first time today (ever) and noticed the Audio Language and Audio track are not selectable (grayed out).

If I could change the Audio to DD+ surround I'd be in business...

I tried the following versions that all produce the same results for different content:
  • v1280 Sons of Anarchy (2008)
  • v1290 Deadpool (2016)
  • v1291 The Wonder Years (19988)
Log files attached... Thanks.
Yep, it may mean that the only language available, not really sure.

I think Yellowstone is only available with Paramount+

Not sure if P+ is an add-on subscription within Hulu or within Amazon?

YellowStone is only available via the Paramount network app not P+ or the live tv add on for H . At least this is what I have gathered recently. I think seasons 1-3 may be available on some providers but the latest is only on live subscriptions I have read.

Thats fixed in V 1292.

Do you have an example of this? I posted about this the other day and, per the responses, others see this and believe it's always been that way. I'm on 1292 now and still only see stereo. Just wondering if you're seeing different (and for what show/movie).

Do you have an example of this? I posted about this the other day and, per the responses, others see this and believe it's always been that way. I'm on 1292 now and still only see stereo. Just wondering if you're seeing different (and for what show/movie).
Nope I thought it was one of the many fixes in 1292 but II was wrong.;) I am not a developer nor do they enlighten me about what small fixes they put in the changelog. Admittedly this is not a small thing.

Nope I thought it was one of the many fixes in 1292 but II was wrong.;) I am not a developer nor do they enlighten me about what small fixes they put in the changelog. Admittedly this is not a small thing.

no problem. thought maybe I missed something or maybe was specific to content.

agreed - not a small thing. I’m sure they’ll get to it. Thanks

I can confirm. I get the same thing with v1.2.9.2 with Hulu.

No audio option. Just greyed out and (more importantly) low bitrate

upload_2022-1-16_21-56-36.png

I never used Hulu myself, but from what I got here is that it is low audio in general. And yes, the greyed drop-down means that there is only one thing to select. Can't tell the version, but it has been introduced with an update some month ago.

DevTeam, this issue is still persistent with AS v1295.
See log file. Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.9.5.astlog
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I never used Hulu myself, but from what I got here is that it is low audio in general. And yes, the greyed drop-down means that there is only one thing to select. Can't tell the version, but it has been introduced with an update some month ago.
I'm using it for the first time myself. Every single title is like this. Not just some. I've tested at least over 50 titles at this point; movies and shows. I listed some of the titles during my first attempt above.
If you were planning on using it, I'd hold off for now. Fortunately for me, I've got that $2/month Student plan, but that's only good until they March.

The audio selection on Hulu has always been like that since I've been using Hulu after AS added support for it. Since there is nothing you can change it is grayed out. I also checked Hulu in another application and it has the same low-quality stereo audio so I believe that is the best provided by Hulu...

This issue is persistent with v1322.
Audio track is grayed out for ALL titles on Hulu (US); no VPN.
I checked again by loading at least 20 titles listed under Spotlight, Movies for You and Keep Watching.
See attached log file.

upload_2022-2-6_11-11-9.png

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.2.2.astlog
    409.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back