• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hulu Audio - Stereo Only?

Bill7

I haven't seen mention of it - does everyone else only get a Stereo audio option in Hulu? Doesn't seem to matter what show/movie. Any selected, and any resolution, only shows stereo audio available.

I just checked (I am on 1.2.9.0) and I am seeing the same.

Okay, thanks for confirming. I'm still on 1.2.8.4 but I think it's been like this since a couple versions earlier (about as long as the movies being grayed out issue). Tried logging out and in and still the same, wanted to check and make sure it's not just on my end.

I haven't seen mention of it - does everyone else only get a Stereo audio option in Hulu? Doesn't seem to matter what show/movie. Any selected, and any resolution, only shows stereo audio available.

I believe Hulu has always been stereo only.

Ah, okay. Very well could be. I could be mixing up downloads thinking it did different then.

I am also getting Hulu as Stereo only. Yet when I check the Hulu forums, the do have 5.1 available. Is this a limitation of AnyStream?

I am also getting Hulu as Stereo only. Yet when I check the Hulu forums, the do have 5.1 available. Is this a limitation of AnyStream?

It's a limitation of what Hulu tells AS is available. Hulu can be 5.1 on certain devices and maybe other browsers, but Hulu tells AS that it only offers stereo.

I just signed up for hulu (Student $1.99) a few days ago and that's all I've seen as well. In fact, for me, I'm not given any options to change the Language or Audio Track... with the lowest audio preselected at usually around the 68kbps mark :eek:.

I reported the issue here: Hulu Audio Language and Audio track Grayed Out | RedFox Forum with screenshots.

As far as I can tell, hulu is dead to me for the time being.

I'm not familiar enough with these log files yet, this is the first time I've bothered to look, but what's interesting is that in the JSON file it lists "av_features":["5.1","hd"] and similar throughout - yet in the log file it's "adding item '68 kbps AAC-SBR stereo'" ... so AS can see that the various titles support 5.1 and HD quality (or the other various things that seem to be listed) but it doesn't look like it's being offered that for whatever reason (the log and JSON are not enough to see what's happening underneath but if I find anything further that's helpful I'll post it).

Back