• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HM Search

It almost seems like some type of variable corruption either from the variable not being cleared/reset before use or another variable overflowing and overwriting the search variable's data. Or if that can be ruled out then I would say something in the network path is altering the data. If what you type into the search box is what is being sent to the provider, if we can confirm no local variable corruption and the http query does contain the correct string going out of AS, then that would seem to point more at something in the network path that is altering the web command/data. Since this is not impacting everyone can we rule out VPN/firewall/Antivirus for those affected?

I'm not having any HM search issues. I'm running Windows 11 with Microsoft's built-in security software. ASUS router and no other VPN/Firewall hardware/software in the path. Xfinity internet. Although the ISP used might be too much detail for others to post in the forum. It's another data point but probably not relevant. ;-)

FWIW, I had this search issue, but managed to solve it. Using the Goonies example from earlier in the thread, I got no results for any combination of text or capitalization. Logging out, re-installing, and downgrade and upgrade didn't fix it.

However, one of the previous posts mentioned switching profiles as a potential fix. I only have the one profile, so I created a new fake profile, opened AnyStream, switched to the fake one, and suddenly search worked. I deleted the fake one and my original profile now has a working search as well. So maybe give that a try if you're still facing this issue.

1.2.2.4 fixed HM search for me personally speaking.

It was never broken for me but I am glad Pete fixed it for everybody else

So far, it works better for me, too.
I thought it was producing random results when a search for 'Mutton' brought up 'American Gigolo'. I hate to think how sheep might be related. But the HBOMax site search brought it up, also.

Reminds me of the joke:
Q: Where can you buy intimate apparel for sheep?
A: Fredericks of College Station*

*College Station is the home of Texas A&M

FWIW, as it was just barely not working for me, 1.2.2.4 continues to mostly work fine for me, except for the same ones that I can't find: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Real Time with Bill Maher. Doubt it's helpful, but log's attached anyway!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.2.4.astlog
    3 MB · Views: 0
FWIW, as it was just barely not working for me, 1.2.2.4 continues to mostly work fine for me, except for the same ones that I can't find: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Real Time with Bill Maher. Doubt it's helpful, but log's attached anyway!
I found Bill Maher but not John Oliver. Those might be a different class of show being 'liveish'.

I do find a Bill Maher Anniversary Special (or other specials), but not the regular show. Maybe, though I find things like "Axios." Those are the only two things I've ever not found.

One good workaround, whenever you can get to it, would be to implement the display of the user's wish list on the HBO homepage in AS.
Yes, that "my list" is planned. If it's easy to implement, it may be soon.

When the search function fires, does it log the return value to the debug log?
Yes, it does. You can open the log with any zip tool and there it should be in "HBOMax\search_<searchterm>."
The search fires only - I think - 3 seconds after you have typed your last character. So it should pile up too much.

Same account 1 profile can find something in search another profile can not.
Are you sure, it's the actual profile? Or maybe you can get it to work if you switch to another profile and then back again? The latter will actually refresh an access token. So if that's the case, then a possible cause would be an expired access token.

2) Search returns a result for some of the characters but not all, ex. "dark kni" shows The Dark Knight in the search results, but getting to "dark knig" and beyond does not. This is also inconsistent as sometimes it does and sometimes it does not behave like this.
But it behaves differently on the homepage in the browser?

It almost seems like some type of variable corruption either from the variable not being cleared/reset before use or another variable overflowing and overwriting the search variable's data. Or if that can be ruled out then I would say something in the network path is altering the data. If what you type into the search box is what is being sent to the provider, if we can confirm no local variable corruption and the http query does contain the correct string going out of AS, then that would seem to point more at something in the network path that is altering the web command/data.
Actually, you can even see the search term in the reply in AnyStream's log. So we can be sure, that it made its way safely and unharmed to the provider and back.

The one, rather helpless attempt to fix it was the fact, that I discovered, that HBOMax sends the search terms urlencoded (unnecessarily, because they are sent via JSON).
So that means, that "The Goonies" would be sent as "The%20Goonies". While v1.2.2.3 left the space intact.
BUT: that search worked for me just as well in both variants.

Maybe that profile switching thing is the key. An expired access token (which I'd find surprising, because then the much graver problem should be, that downloads themselves or even listing the main content should fail).

The film "42" is not searchable for me on 1.2.2.4

However, when I search for "Jackie Robinson" it does bring up "42".

HBOMax search still busted for me in 1.2.2.4. Searched for 'Dune". Didn't find it. Though I manually searched the page and found it down in the newly added line.

Back