• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Help sorting out how IMDB, Amazon, and Replay are related

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluRay444

This all started with me going on IMDB to find out episode names for an old series that I recorded a few years ago before it was discontinued. I found the names alright, so I could watch them in order, but I only saw and recorded 2 out of 4 seasons. I noticed there was a link on the IMDB page that said "Watch for free" and it took me to the episode (still in the IMDB web interface and all the episodes for all 4 season are marked watch for free, it works full screen and looks great.

So I did a web search to see if/how I could download the episodes and 'Replay' was one of the things that popped up. I also came here (redfox) and checked Anystream to see if it worked with IMDB, and what popped up first in the search was a thread,'Ripping Replay from Amazon Prime...' ; and after further reading I find that apparently Amazon now owns IMDB, because at the the bottom of the IMDB page I was looking at it says, 'An Amazon Company' (which explains why the interface changed so much a while back, and IMHO not for the better).

So, what am I looking at when I'm watching videos on IMDB? It seems like I must be looking at Amazon Prime through IMDB's interface, but I don't have an Amazon Prime account or even an active trial period.

If someone can explain the hierarchy of the pieces here and how they fit together, and what I need to do to download the episodes I'm seeing on IMDB, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

To access IMDB or any other provider, like Paramount +, through AP you need to have an AP subscription. For providers that you need a subscription, like Paramount +, you need to have a subscription with them also. AS is a downloader. It doesn't magically provide access to content that you need to pay for.

"To access IMDB or any other provider..."
What is your definition of 'access IMDB' ? I can watch the series I mentioned on IMDB without any account or logging into anything, they are marked "Free to watch', and I don't have any login to IMDB.... is this not considered 'access'? Are you saying that even though I can watch the complete series on IMDB without an account, that the only way I can download the episodes is by accessing the episodes on Amazon Prime? And where does 'Replay' which was mentioned in the thread I referenced in my original post fit in?

Last edited:
Have you trialed Anystream yet?, I'll suggest you do the same for Amazon and simply have a looksy :)

"To access IMDB or any other provider..."
What is your definition of 'access IMDB' ? I can watch the series I mentioned on IMDB without any account or logging into anything, they are marked "Free to watch', and I don't have any login to IMDB.... is this not considered 'access'? Are you saying that even though I can watch the complete series on IMDB without an account, that the only way I can download the episodes is by accessing the episodes on Amazon Prime? And where does 'Replay' which was mentioned in the thread I referenced in my original post fit in?

IMDB is not one of the streamers that AS provides direct access to. To access IMDB you have to do it through AP which you need a subscription to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMDB is free with APV. All 1080p if that's what you want.:)

IMDB is not one of the streamers that AS provides direct access to. To access IMDB you have to do it through AP which you need a subscription to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, that helps a lot to clarify.

@RedFox 1:

That's hilarious! Spend $155.88/year (or maybe it's $119 a year? Or $139 a year?, not $12.99 x 12) for Amazon Prime membership to get 'free' IMDB video, can that really be what you mean? You should be in marketing!!! I assume you're joking. Seriously, I don't have an Amazon Prime membership, almost everything I order gets to me in 1-3 days and often when I order from Amazon the "with Prime Membership your order could arrive in" date is the same as the "free shipping" date, and a couple of times Prime shipping has actually been longer (figure that one out). Anyway, I'm not in so much of a hurry to get my stuff to pay an extra $155.88 a year, especially when you look around and find that Amazon is charging more than a lot of other online retailers for the same product before shipping, so essentially Prime plus the extra cost isn't saving you anything. But, a lot of people are willing to pay it for the convenience factor.

Back on topic, the series I am interested in was shot in 1080, so higher resolution is meaningless in this case. And I'm aware I could sign up for a free 30 day trial and cancel it, but I'd like to figure out in advance how this all works ahead of time so I don't waste any of the 30 day trial if I decide to go that route.

Thank you for your reply, it put a smile on my face, and that's never a bad thing.

Last edited:
@RedFox 1:

That's hilarious! Spend $155.88/year (or maybe it's $119 a year? Or $139 a year?, not $12.99 x 12) for Amazon Prime membership to get 'free' IMDB video, can that really be what you mean? You should be in marketing!!! I assume you're joking. Seriously, I don't have an Amazon Prime membership, almost everything I order gets to me in 1-3 days and often when I order from Amazon the "with Prime Membership your order could arrive in" date is the same as the "free shipping" date, and a couple of times Prime shipping has actually been longer (figure that one out). Anyway, I'm not in so much of a hurry to get my stuff to pay an extra $155.88 a year, especially when you look around and find that Amazon is charging more than a lot of other online retailers for the same product before shipping, so essentially Prime plus the extra cost isn't saving you anything. But, a lot of people are willing to pay it for the convenience factor.

Back on topic, the series I am interested in was shot in 1080, so higher resolution is meaningless in this case. And I'm aware I could sign up for a free 30 day trial and cancel it, but I'd like to figure out in advance how this all works ahead of time so I don't waste any of the 30 day trial if I decide to go that route.

Thank you for your reply, it put a smile on my face, and that's never a bad thing.
Well, its is the only way you are going to get IMDB in AnyStream, so I guess this program isn't for you if you don't want APV because IMDB will never be a standalone program here. And no I was not joking. It's all up to you I was just telling you how to get what you want. I won't be telling you again, so don't worry about that. If my post put a smile on your face that's great, your post didn't put a smile on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back