• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD & BLU RAY...can they be converted?

Play Back

I use to have a card in my PC that would allow me plug into the TV rca jacks & show whatever I was doing on my PC on the TV. This included movies, wav files. You could use a dvd recorder to record from your PC if you have the disk space. Can't remember the name of the card. It was back in 2000 or so.

I use to have a card in my PC that would allow me plug into the TV rca jacks & show whatever I was doing on my PC on the TV. This included movies, wav files. You could use a dvd recorder to record from your PC if you have the disk space. Can't remember the name of the card. It was back in 2000 or so.

But that would only give you standard definition not Hi-Def

hd

"SHOULD" work? have you tried? i have had no luck with VC-1 encoded EVOs. AVC works fine.

hd

"SHOULD" work? have you tried? i have had no luck with VC-1 encoded EVOs. AVC works fine.

VC1 don't work

is there a hd-dvd burning program outside that write the hd-dvd structure on the harddisk first? nero vision re-encodes first, and that s*cks..if nero would write the structure of the hd-dvd first we can burn the files as a dvd iso in udf 2.5

not sure, nero 8 can burn hd dvds so i would assume you could create an iso from there. never tried though. also i know in the past it would create those files in a temp (or hidden, cant remember) folder just before burning and i just copied them from there.

VC1 now works!! Use nero's last version 8.2.8. Able to get 12.3 GB 1080p down to 3.6 GB 720p. Still no sound but still it now works.

good to hear but i think the thread is going about to have the original solution 1920x1080 ?

i don't try to downconvert it, it's useless for me..

but it's still having to re-encode and the encoder in nero is awful

why is it so bad? i never had problems with it at all. other then eating up 60-100% cpu depending on what i am encoding. as for downconverting, it works for me. I have an external drive i dump all my movies to to watch through the 360. Easier for the kids to navigate instead of popping in discs all the time. plus i was an early adopter and only have a 720p TV. waiting for my last tube to die before upgarding. maybe at that point.

although you could just lower the bit rate but yet keep 1080p. not sure how that would look.

HD-DVD to miniHD-DVD (DVD+R dl) Tutorial

First, you need:

-Nero 8.2.8.0 (with HD-DVD and Blu-Ray Plugin)
-EVOdemux
-eac3to
-Sonic Cineplayer HDDVD Decoder 4.3
-a backup of your original hd-dvd with anydvdhd on your HD
-a fast cpu
-a lot of time
-a lot of hard disk space

1. Start EVOdemux, change the audio output to WAV.
1.1 Browse the Evo files you want to demux (like feature_1.evo)
1.2 Deselect the Audio Files that you don't need (like DD+.stream00)
1.3 Press Demux, this should take some minutes.
1.4 Rename manually the selected evo (feature_1.evo) to m2ts (feature_1.m2ts) on your harddisk

you don't have to use the new videofile that evodemux created, use the original one!

2. Start eac3togui and add the WAV file that you need (make sure that there is no "+" in the filename (dd+, rename it to dd)
2.1 Press "convert", this can take some minutes
2.2 Now you have the needed AC3 file.

Notice: At the moment you can not convert EVERY wav file to ac3 with the nero audio decoder. Try to use Sonic Audio Decoder in eac3to instead of nero.

3. Start Nero Vision 5
3.1 Press "make dvd" -> mini-hddvd
3.2 Change the project to a DVD+R DL
3.3 Click on "add video files"
3.4 Add the feature_1.m2ts, this can take some minutes
3.5 After that, press "edit movie"
3.6 Now browse the ac3 file and add it to your movie.
3.7 Split the movie as long as it fits to a dvd+r dl (the movie should have now about 35minutes). Thats very easy with nero vision 5.
3.8 Select a new folder on your hard disk and and press WRITE.
3.9 This can take some hours, but after that you should have a working minihddvd of your movie!

best regards
(c) hddvdsupporter

Hi

I use TmepgEnc4XP to convert TS stream with HD content to mpg files.
I try to keep as close to the original as possible.
I then use the Womble Mpeg Video wizard DVD to make my own mini HD DVDs including chapters, menu's and so on.
The Video wizard has an option to make DVDs with a nonstandard format. So you can make vob-files in your VIDEO_TS map with bitrates of 25000 and more.
If you set the encoder settings to automatic the file will not be re-encoded. This makes the process very fast.
My Toshiba HD-EP10 reads this as regular DVD but you still have the high bitrates. It looks excellent.

Nero 8 and DMF6plus do have an option to make a mini HD DVD but.... they downgrade the resolution and the bitrate to dvd-standards. So the disc can be played with a standard dvd-player but does not has the HD resolution and bitrate. It's like a superbit dvd.

Regards,
Dobiedo

I use TmepgEnc4XP to convert TS stream with HD content to mpg files.
I try to keep as close to the original as possible.

Then you already failed. mpeg2 is an older codec and as such requires a much higher bitrate, and thus higher file sizes in order to achieve 'as close to the original as possible' quality.

Maybe this isn't the right topic (let me know) but what if I want to preserve 1080p HD quality, but just reduce the footprint on my backups? So instead of 45gb for a BR backup, maybe something could get it down to 25gb so I can fit more backups on my 1TB hard drive. Also, is there (or will there be in the future) a single file type (like .mpg) that is 1080p?

You can use tsmuxer to strip down to the main movie alone and make a .ts file.

Back