• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD & BLU RAY...can they be converted?

I have converted a 2 of the blu ray movies i own to put on my tvix media player box.

1) AnyDvd Hd rip to hard drive
2) TsRemux with m2ts file extension
3) Open file in Elecard Studio Converter Pro the are different profiles to encode to ie avc h.264, mp4,mpeg 2

I picked my profile and encoded to get a smaller size file anywhere from 5 to 8ish gigs

Downsides
It cant handle the true hd audio stream only the dd
takes from 5 to 8 hours to encode

Unless you know where to get it Elecard isnt cheap ie 167 on sale to 237 bucks when you buy it
you can download for a 14 day trial i believe

for Hd dvd

You need nero 8 and the hd-dvd plug in

basically

EvoDemux Rebuild(vc1 video extension and eac3 Audio extension)
i have to do the first part 2x 1 as a rebuild and the other as a remux i needed to change the audio to an ac3 file with eac3to app

i believe from their i opened Nero 8 vision to make a movie
import the evo rebuilt as video and the new audio file(with the ac3) as the audio and select which output you want ie mpg4.
this takes several hours as well

if you open the rebuilt evo in showtime it will play the adio but for some reason it wont ancode when i tried nero recode

this is still a work in progress and i know doom9 has some info with guide but ive had problems with trying to use apps with command lines and scripts

Last edited:
i think it's possible, i try it out at this moment..

yesterday i convert "successfully" planet of the apes (bd) to *.mp4. (1920x820, but no audio??) to a dvd+r dl

at this moment i try to convert a hd-dvd to blu-ray...
i tell you more later.

regards

i think it's possible, i try it out at this moment..

yesterday i convert "successfully" planet of the apes (bd) to *.mp4. (1920x820, but no audio??) to a dvd+r dl

at this moment i try to convert a hd-dvd to blu-ray...
i tell you more later.

regards

What are you using to convert?

Also look around for a guide for vso convertXtodvd will work. I cant remember if i used the rebuilt evo for hd-dvd or the m2ts file from bu ray but convertX did make a playable dvd

What are you using to convert?

i can tell you more in the next hours.

i converted the antipiracy.evo (1920x1080) from Alone in the Dark (HD) to Blu-Ray (1920x1080) with audio.. i got a bd-re media but i don't have a ps3 to test it.
i converted also a part of Planet of the Apes Blu-Ray (1920x1080) to HD-DVD, also 1920x1080 with audio. It's playable in my xbox360 hd-dvd drive but runs not perfectly. Can't test it with a stand-alone player.

BD to HD seems to be a little harder..

at the moment i try to convert the second big evo file (about 7gb) from alone in the dark to blu-ray..

regards!! :)

Last edited:
picture quality is great, but no sound in the main movie if the file have TrueHD-Sound..

files without TrueHD audio works fine, (like the antipiracy.evo on hddvds or the Blu-Ray Intro on some blu-rays)

so i was able convert the antipiracy.evo to blu-ray and the Blu-ray intro to a hd-dvd.

eac3to(gui) does not work correct for me. the gui version give's me an error so i can't test it at the moment.
we have do decrypt the audio file than it should works..

btw: is it possible that some *.m2ts files have an extra copy protection that anydvdhd didn't find? some files seems to be encrypted if i try to convert them. but the files play fine on my hard disk.

Last edited:
I had problems with the gui as well what error were you getting? I moved my files to the c drive at first i was using 192 kb but i keep switching until it worked for 448kb

i think eac3togui isn't wrote correctly? the program is looking for my eac3to.exe but i don't have this file, i only have eac3togui.exe. i rename the file to eac3to.exe but this does not work..

the gui is only a gui, you still need to get the main eac3to program as well

oh thanks ;)

however, at this moment i think it's to hard to convert bd2hddvd or hddvd2bd.
why you should convert a blu-ray into hd-dvd or a hd-dvd to a blu-ray. you need the hd-dvd/blu-ray files on a harddisk, so you need a blu-ray or hd-dvd drive. so converting these 2 formats is s*lly..

sorry about my english..

but it's very funny to see the buena vista blu-ray intro on my xbox hd-dvd drive ! =)

They also say to use Nero 7 with the HD DVD/Blu-ray plugin for eac3to as Nero 8 will not work. This may be your next problem once you get the eac3to program.

i finished converting part 1 (l0_mainmovie.evo) of alone in the dark (hd) to blu-ray (mpeg2). with audio!! (original was truehd, now it's dolby digital 2.0, thats better than no sound!)
sound an picture do not match 100%, the sound comes ~ a half second earlier than the picture.

but perhaps this is a pal/ntsc problem, so i try it now again and burn the whole thing to a bd-re disc and give it to a friend and he will try it in his ps3..

ladies and gentlemen my work is done i think :)

it was a ntsc/pal problem i was right.

i hold a full lipp-sync blu-ray version of alone in the dark in my hands.

if you can live with a high quality picture and only Dolby Digital 2.0 (192kb) now you will be able to convert hd-dvds to blu-ray.

tomorrow i will test the disc in a playstation 3, i hope it works..

regards

I've converted a few films from HD DVD to Blu-ray and never heard of an NTSC to PAL conversion problem as Commercial discs don't use PAL or NTSC which is why you can play a disc on pretty much any player once you remove the region coding. Did you re-encode the video or just remux it for Blu-ray? Sounds like you re-encoded it

If I am right you need Scenarist to convert a HDDVD to a Blu ray?! which version are you using 4.1 or 4.2 or doesn't it matter?
Or is there a new way to convert them?if yes how?

If I am right you need Scenarist to convert a HDDVD to a Blu ray?! which version are you using 4.1 or 4.2 or doesn't it matter?
Or is there a new way to convert them?if yes how?

scenarist is not needed!

today i convert a blu-ray to hddvd (talladega nights: ricky bobby) to my hard disk as a hd-dvd dl (sure i don't got an hd-dvd burner at the moment)
it's with 5.1 sound and works fine!

for hd-dvd to blu-ray you need

- nero 8.2.8.0 with hd-dvd and blu-ray plugin
- eac3to
- evodemux
- a ripped hd-dvd movie from anydvdhd
- a lot of time
- a lot of hard disk space

for blu-ray to hd-dvd you need
- nero 8.2.8.0 with hd-dvd and blu-ray plugin
- tsremux
- a ripped blu-ray movie from anydvdhd
- a lot of time
- a lot of hard disk space

Last edited:
yes, its also possible, but right as SamuriHl said the nero audio encoder from nero 8 don't work with eac3to. i can convert the truehd soundfile but not the dolby digital soundfile that i need for my language. so i only have english at the moment ..

Yea, Nero 8 seems to protect their codecs somehow so that others can't use them. A real pain. You can downgrade to Nero 7 and it should work, but, who the hell wants to do that?! :) Hopefully another solution will present itself eventually.

yeah i hope slysoft will make a software for converting hd/bd in the future which is more userfriendly than nero ...

btw: it's very easy to split the blu-ray m2ts files with nero, so you can burn a blu-ray movie as a hd-dvd on 3 or 4 dvd+r dl with the new mini hd-dvd feature of nero.

Back