• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD & BLU RAY...can they be converted?

I haven't tried yet. One thing I want to see if I can do is convert an m2ts to Nero digital high quality and see what that looks like. If it gives me better than DVD quality then I could live with that. Of course that means using Showtime to view them but whatever. That piece of junk software has yet to impress me. I can't get HD DVD to play at all in the thing and my Blu-ray images are screwed up, as well. GREAT software. Yea. Also, I have to figure out what I'm going to do about Nero Vision as it gives me the same crash I had with Nero home...it basically BSODs my cable box firewire driver. That sucks because I use that to capture HD ts. My hope, and I still haven't tried this yet due to the fact Nero keeps crashing on me, is that I can take those ts files and convert them to HD DVD format and burn them to DL discs for playback. So far, Nero 1, my machine 0. sigh.

I haven't tried yet. One thing I want to see if I can do is convert an m2ts to Nero digital high quality and see what that looks like. If it gives me better than DVD quality then I could live with that.

i tried to convert the m2ts file from patriot (about 31gb) to nero digital (mp4) but with the lowest quality it takes about 24hours to convert ! ;-)

and this quality is not really good..

so it's faster to convert the file to 2 hd-dvdr single layer. i'm confused :)

I don't necessarily care all that much about encoding time. I care mostly about the results. So, we'll see. I thought I'd have more time to play around with this stuff this week but I've been busy doing house chores instead. sigh. :)

How do I clone a Blu Ray

Can someone give me step by step directions on cloneing a blu ray. I do not even know what directory to point CloneDVD to on the the Blu ray disk.

scenarist is not needed!

today i convert a blu-ray to hddvd (talladega nights: ricky bobby) to my hard disk as a hd-dvd dl (sure i don't got an hd-dvd burner at the moment)
it's with 5.1 sound and works fine!

for hd-dvd to blu-ray you need

- nero 8.2.8.0 with hd-dvd and blu-ray plugin
- eac3to
- evodemux
- a ripped hd-dvd movie from anydvdhd
- a lot of time
- a lot of hard disk space

for blu-ray to hd-dvd you need
- nero 8.2.8.0 with hd-dvd and blu-ray plugin
- tsremux
- a ripped blu-ray movie from anydvdhd
- a lot of time
- a lot of hard disk space

Sorry if these are noob questions, but it is better to ask. I expect there is no loss of quality(audio and movie stay the same)? Do I have to reencode something?Is it possible to take the menues with you, so for example the Blu ray movie menues work on a HDDVD?
Could you give me a step by step guide how to do it?(for both ways please)
It really nice of you if you give me these guides because I can rip the movies, and burn them back to a Blu ray but then my knowledge stops....

Can someone give me step by step directions on cloneing a blu ray. I do not even know what directory to point CloneDVD to on the the Blu ray disk.

Well.....for starters, you won't be using CloneDVD on Blu-rays. Second, you need a Blu-ray drive. Third, you need AnyDVD HD. If you have all that, you can make an ISO image using CloneCD/ImgBurn/Nero(pick one) on your hard drive(making sure AnyDVD HD is running at the time you make the image). Then you can use one of those programs to write it out to a blank Blu-ray disc.

Sorry if these are noob questions, but it is better to ask. I expect there is no loss of quality(audio and movie stay the same)? Do I have to reencode something?Is it possible to take the menues with you, so for example the Blu ray movie menues work on a HDDVD?
Could you give me a step by step guide how to do it?(for both ways please)
It really nice of you if you give me these guides because I can rip the movies, and burn them back to a Blu ray but then my knowledge stops....
It's not possible to take the menu's over as they're structured completley differently. Also unless the audio is standard DTS or AC3 then you would need to fix the audio as well as DTS-HD is not compatible between the 2 formats

tomorrow i will release 4 tutorials

-bluray2hddvd
-bluray2minihddvd (dvd+r dl)
-hddvd2bluray
-hddvd2minihddvd (dvd+r dl)

today i try if it works..

regards

That'd be sweet. I would definitely be interested in seeing those.

hddvdsupporter do these guides remux and not re-encode???

also have you got AVC HD-DVD to be Blu-ray compliant?

i try to backup avc hddvd to bluray tonight.
nero re-encode the files.

i backed up the first part of Shooter (HD) as a minihddvd on a dvd+r dl, connected the hd-dvd drive on my xbox and it plays fine , but the first 3-4minutes the movie stutter. i don't know if the problem is my pc (core2duo 2,4ghz, 2gb ram, radeon x1950 pro) but i don't think so. i use verbatim dvd+r dl.

the minihddvd plays fine when i play it on my pc. i can't test it with any other hd-dvd player.

with this way you can get 35minutes high definition movie with dd 5.1 on a dvd+r dl.

HD-DVD to miniHD-DVD (DVD+R dl) Tutorial

First, you need:

-Nero 8.2.8.0 (with HD-DVD and Blu-Ray Plugin)
-EVOdemux
-eac3to
-Sonic Cineplayer HDDVD Decoder 4.3
-a backup of your original hd-dvd with anydvdhd on your HD
-a fast cpu
-a lot of time
-a lot of hard disk space

1. Start EVOdemux, change the audio output to WAV.
1.1 Browse the Evo files you want to demux (like feature_1.evo)
1.2 Deselect the Audio Files that you don't need (like DD+.stream00)
1.3 Press Demux, this should take some minutes.
1.4 Rename manually the selected evo (feature_1.evo) to m2ts (feature_1.m2ts) on your harddisk

you don't have to use the new videofile that evodemux created, use the original one!

2. Start eac3togui and add the WAV file that you need (make sure that there is no "+" in the filename (dd+, rename it to dd)
2.1 Press "convert", this can take some minutes
2.2 Now you have the needed AC3 file.

Notice: At the moment you can not convert EVERY wav file to ac3 with the nero audio decoder. Try to use Sonic Audio Decoder in eac3to instead of nero.

3. Start Nero Vision 5
3.1 Press "make dvd" -> mini-hddvd
3.2 Change the project to a DVD+R DL
3.3 Click on "add video files"
3.4 Add the feature_1.m2ts, this can take some minutes
3.5 After that, press "edit movie"
3.6 Now browse the ac3 file and add it to your movie.
3.7 Split the movie as long as it fits to a dvd+r dl (the movie should have now about 35minutes). Thats very easy with nero vision 5.
3.8 Select a new folder on your hard disk and and press WRITE.
3.9 This can take some hours, but after that you should have a working minihddvd of your movie!

best regards
(c) hddvdsupporter

Thanks you very much I am going to try that . I hope your other tutorials you promised are on the way?

the downside to this is that it has to re-encode the video and the nero encoder isn't exactly the best one around

If you have to re-encode the video then I'd demux it then take it into Procoder 3 and re-encode it on highlevel mastering quality

Back