• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HBOMax

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it shouldn't. First priority is having a stable and mature project before complicating code with more providers. As the streaming provider suggestion states, no promises have been made that ANY new providers will be added at all, nor has there been any statement they're working on adding that one or any other one for that matter.

The sticky (although I need to update the list) only lists the users suggestion for new providers, it (as stated in that sticky) does NOT mean a suggestion made will be officially added/supported.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for zero new information.

Subscribe to it through AMZ and you can retrieve what you want through there.

Wrong. HBOMax has split into a separate service with much more content than is on HBO Prime. Example: Try to watch The Flight Attendant.

Wrong. HBOMax has split into a separate service with much more content than is on HBO Prime. Example: Try to watch The Flight Attendant.

You were never promised anything but AMZ and FLIX, where do you get the expectation that the first priority should be adding a new provider and of all providers the one you want; sense of entitlement or is it some nuevo-age me-me-me-me-me-me-me and f*ck the world?.. Were you ever promised that you could watch the Flight Attendant?

Then cancel the standalone version and grab the amazon prime channel version? Should offer you the same content.

No, it does not. For example, try watching The Flight Attendant on HBO Prime. It's only on HBOMax which is now a separate service. How about watch South Park on Prime?

Roku and Amazon fought the changes, but submitted eventually in very recent months. It was in all the papers.

I suppose Amazon and HBO maintain a billing relationship under the covers since I am still billed for HBOMax via my Amazon Prime account--no billing change needed.

HBOMax maintains a LOT of TV that Prime doesn't have. Now, I know that it's not Redfox's fault that HBOMax evolved suddenly into a full-blown important channel. But the market changes, and I stand by my comment that HBOMax should be high priority. How much longer will HBO Prime even survive at all?

Hot Pockets late again tonight?

Is that the best your brain can muster, well, other than making unwarranted demands?..

On a rational note: if HBO part with Prime and sufficient dribbling fools follow, it's on them (decide which of the two for yourself), for if they left and nobody followed, they'd be back prompto... One of the reasons they leave is that they can impose whatever access and crypto they wish, good luck!

Last edited:
Despite Mike's asinine way of asking... and yes, yes it was (despite this thread should have just went within the sticky.. I mean, c'mon Mike!).. I do see where he's going with it.

Prime is kinda the service you go to to find crap you haven't seen in a while.
Netflix was yesterday's streamer. Still some good shows on there, and they're really trying hard.. but they tend to kill off even their own good shows people loved to binge.

A $100.00 is a bit much for a stream downloader... but my money is actually waiting to see if Disney+ is going to be added. Yes.. the other apps can do that streamer, but I really like the interface with AS over any of the others.. cheaper or not.

If Disney+ gets added... boom, another sale. I can wait.

Other than that, the rest of the thread stands.. Mike, you could have added this to the suggestion box, and not made it sound like a demand. ;)

<snip>

A $100.00 is a bit much for a stream downloader...

<snip>

vs how much do the screen recorder fabricators want to charge you? Oh, and that's for a lifetime, so if new features get implemented you get them free cf. the usual practice of charging for version upgrades!

Is that the best your brain can muster, well, other than making unwarranted demands?..

On a rational note: if HBO part with Prime and sufficient dribbling fools follow, it's on them (decide which of the two for yourself), for if they left and nobody followed, they'd be back prompto... One of the reasons they leave is that they can impose whatever access and crypto they wish, good luck!
Apart from the fact that you are correct, can we all please try to be less sarcastic in our answers to other members on the forum, there is no rule that says you have to answer every post, it is nice when you help someone and I am not meaning you personally when I say you I mean all of you, let us try to be less sarcastic and more helpful, which I believe you are but let's consider the fact that everyone posting is a customer or potential, and we want to try and be as positive as we can? No one knows what will be added or won't. All we have now is Netflix and Amazon Prime. Let's put what we would like added in the thread that was made for this purpose. https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/rea...ming-providers-here.79064/page-12#post-533165 Thank you.

Apart from the fact that you are correct, can we all please try to be less sarcastic in our answers to other members on the forum, there is no rule that says you have to answer every post, it is nice when you help someone and I am not meaning you personally when I say you I mean all of you, let us try to be less sarcastic and more helpful, which I believe you are but let's consider the fact that everyone posting is a customer or potential, and we want to try and be as positive as we can? No one knows what will be added or won't. All we have now is Netflix and Amazon Prime. Let's put what we would like added in the thread that was made for this purpose. https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/rea...ming-providers-here.79064/page-12#post-533165

It's all good and well wagging a finger at naughty sarcasm :p but there wouldn't be a need for any of it, if good house keeping was enforced by mods. For example, as you said there's a sticky for this specific topic, and absolutely nothing is stopping any mod from closing a new noise thread with a single link to the sticky. Some people have the patience and know things take as long as they take, others were brought up with the approach that if they are brazen-faced enough and keep demanding the same thing over and over, something will eventually give...:censored:

It's all good and well wagging a finger at naughty sarcasm :p but there wouldn't be a need for any of it, if good house keeping was enforced by mods. For example, as you said there's a sticky for this specific topic, and absolutely nothing is stopping any mod from closing a new noise thread with a single link to the sticky. Some people have the patience and know things take as long as they take, others were brought up with the approach that if they are brazen-faced enough and keep demanding the same thing over and over, something will eventually give...:censored:
As I have said and explained so everyone can understand it, we have customers here and people that are prospective customers, if we have to remind them to put things in their place, then do it with a friendly reminder, or please don't do it at all. I am a Mod and that's exactly what I am doing and trying to do it with respect for all. I am sure you understand, we do not have to discuss this any further. Thank you for your time.

vs how much do the screen recorder fabricators want to charge you? Oh, and that's for a lifetime, so if new features get implemented you get them free cf. the usual practice of charging for version upgrades!

What did Aslan say in Chronicles? "Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch! I was there when it was written."

To lean on that quote, I purchased AnyDVD and CloneDVD as lifetime purchases. Only one remains. AnyDVD's lifetime license went down memory lane when the company shifted. Thus, lifetime in this essence is the "lifetime" of the support for the software, not the person buying it. I bought it then, for about $60 US... and now that same license is $100.00. I know, it's a combined HD license, but.. just the same.

To answer your other question, I got a free 1 years worth of a license for just writing a review on a given app... that isn't going to fly here.

When I compare apps, I do so because I need them to do what I buy them for.. I am not tearing down AS, AnyDVD or other apps here, as I've used them for years now and continue to do so. I have CloneDVD installed on my HTPC.. and Virtual CloneDrive installed on all my computers. I don't use AnyDVD any more, for one.. my systems (other than the HTPC) have no optical drives in them any more. I tend to purchase either digital versions, or I watch movies via a streaming app.. say.. yeah, Netflix, right?

If or when AS suits my actual needs, other than Prime and Netflix.. I will more than likely plop down the cash. Other users and their experiences aren't going to change that.

:)

What did Aslan say in Chronicles? "Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch! I was there when it was written."

To lean on that quote, I purchased AnyDVD and CloneDVD as lifetime purchases. Only one remains. AnyDVD's lifetime license went down memory lane when the company shifted. Thus, lifetime in this essence is the "lifetime" of the support for the software, not the person buying it. I bought it then, for about $60 US... and now that same license is $100.00. I know, it's a combined HD license, but.. just the same.

<snip>

I had SlyFox's AnyDVD, and used it for five years before the database access was locked up, so given I purchased it at 95 EUR, amortised over five years that worked out at under 20 EUR per year, or putting things in perspective, less than half of weekly food shopping... I'm sure you have a point somewhere but it's lost somewhere in the perspective... :p

Slyfox never existed :p

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back