• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HBOMax

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelee999

How is work going on this?

Seems to me this should be your first priority for adding a new provider.

How is work going on this?

Seems to me this should be your first priority for adding a new provider.
No it shouldn't. First priority is having a stable and mature project before complicating code with more providers. As the streaming provider suggestion states, no promises have been made that ANY new providers will be added at all, nor has there been any statement they're working on adding that one or any other one for that matter.

The sticky (although I need to update the list) only lists the users suggestion for new providers, it (as stated in that sticky) does NOT mean a suggestion made will be officially added/supported.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have it through AT&T, but while you can subscribe to it through Prime Video, you can’t add an existing subscription to Prime

Last edited:
I have it through AT&T, but while you can subscribe to it through Prime Video, you can’t add an existing subscription to Prime

Then cancel the standalone version and grab the amazon prime channel version? Should offer you the same content.

the thing is the standalone via att is part of my cell plan. i don’t pay a separate monthly fee for it - it comes with the family plan (i get that ultimately these things are spread across all att subscribers for this plan, but the cost via AP would be significantly more).

the thing is the standalone via att is part of my cell plan. i don’t pay a separate monthly fee for it - it comes with the family plan (i get that ultimately these things are spread across all att subscribers for this plan, but the cost via AP would be significantly more).

Same here. I get it as part of my internet plan.

You pay for it through your internet plan; there, corrected it for you ;)

No, not really. I had my internet plan for a few years prior to the existence of HBO Max. They later decided to throw in HBO Max without raising the price. I am sure it's not because they are good hearted, they are just trying to boost subscribers. I expect them to pull the freebie after some months.

Same for me - actually my internet plan is through a different company and its price has remained flat for a few years. I expect the same through ATT, though that price has surprisingly remained flat too.

No, not really. I had my internet plan for a few years prior to the existence of HBO Max. They later decided to throw in HBO Max without raising the price. I am sure it's not because they are good hearted, they are just trying to boost subscribers. I expect them to pull the freebie after some months.

Hate to break it to you, but nobody is going to give you anything free especially if it costs them. Instead of dropping the price of your subscription, they threw in a subscription and probably end up making more money off you (same trick as mobile phone companies when they give you a new phone that's "included" in a subscription price)...

Then cancel the standalone version and grab the amazon prime channel version? Should offer you the same content.

Unfortunately, the HBO available as a prime channel is a rather limited subset of what is available through the standalone Max subscription.

I had heard of the limitation but discovered the extent of the limitation when I subscribed through prime also to use with AS

Hate to break it to you, but nobody is going to give you anything free especially if it costs them. Instead of dropping the price of your subscription, they threw in a subscription and probably end up making more money off you (same trick as mobile phone companies when they give you a new phone that's "included" in a subscription price)...

Your love for being contrarian is becoming really obvious at this point.

They ARE giving it away for free because they don't intend to do so forever. It's like a drug dealer. First one is free but then you gotta pay. They are desperately trying to boost their subscription numbers to a new service. They are willing to give folks a "free taste" in the hopes of them becoming paying subscribers when they pull away the freebie. This is a well known marketing tactic it's not rocket science.

Your love for being contrarian is becoming really obvious at this point.

They ARE giving it away for free because they don't intend to do so forever. It's like a drug dealer. First one is free but then you gotta pay. They are desperately trying to boost their subscription numbers to a new service. They are willing to give folks a "free taste" in the hopes of them becoming paying subscribers when they pull away the freebie. This is a well known marketing tactic it's not rocket science.

Not entirely certain what point you were trying to make by stating that I was being "really obvious" for... well... being really obvious in spelling out a "well known marketing tactic" to someone who was seemingly taken in by the marketing tactic:-

...actually my internet plan is through a different company and its price has remained flat for a few years. I expect the same through ATT, though that price has surprisingly remained flat too...

Not entirely certain what point you were trying to make by stating that I was being "really obvious" for... well... being really obvious in spelling out a "well known marketing tactic" to someone who was seemingly taken in by the marketing tactic:-

Yeah, you completely missed the operative word there and it's clearly not the one you think it is. But in doing so you proved my point. But hey to each his own, if contradicting what people say on a forum does it for you then more power to you. I just won't respond to you anymore.

Yeah, you completely missed the operative word there and it's clearly not the one you think it is. But in doing so you proved my point. But hey to each his own, if contradicting what people say on a forum does it for you then more power to you. I just won't respond to you anymore.

Jeebus... try reading the thread and apply context: the OP attempted to dictate what the first priory of AS ought to be; then a bunch of others piled in and cheered on by saying they had "free" HBO sub, *all I said* was that it wasn't as "free" as people thought, and when someone said the prices hadn't risen, I spelled out how marketing works...

You want to change the convo and make it about me, I'm sufficiently narcissistic to enjoy that, so carry on...

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the HBO available as a prime channel is a rather limited subset of what is available through the standalone Max subscription.

I had heard of the limitation but discovered the extent of the limitation when I subscribed through prime also to use with AS

I can confirm. I have HBO as a Prime Channel and you do NOT get all HBO Max content. For example, you don't get those new movies such as Wonder Woman 84 or The Little Things. You also miss out on a lot of standard movies. For example, HBO Max has all 3 Austin Powers movies right now, but you can't get those through the Amazon Prime HBO channel.

You can use your Amazon account to log into HBO Max's web site and watch those movies through their streaming site, however, AnyStream doesn't work with HBO's site, so no downloading.

Im in the UK and use a SmartDNS service to unblock US content. Although i can successfully sub to Prime US from over here it fails to add channels as im not using a US billing method. Cant work out how i pay for prime but fail on channels. I can however get Cinemax , showtime , starz and HBO Max through my Hulu subscription so instead of targeting 1 service for AS dont you think if anything was to be added it would be something like Hulu thats has its own library along with all those premium addons available as well.

Take a look at usunlocked.com that's what I use. Virtual US credit card. Works perfectly, used it myself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Appreciate that thank you. Could just be what I need for other services as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back