• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HBOMax - Can't Find 'DEFAULT' Title

mollamadalai21

I figured this deserved a separate post from the other HBO Max search issues, because I believe it is a complete separate issue, one of a matter of filtering the search results, rather than whatever is going on for the others.

When searching for 'Last Week Tonight with John Oliver' or 'Real Time with Bill Maher' (or some combination of either), I'm unable to find either main title. For 'John Oliver', there are many results that presumably have John Oliver or other similar matches in them, but not Last Week Tonight. For Bill Maher, there are a bunch of Bill Maher specials, but not the main Real Time with Bill Maher.

When looking at the astlog file HBO search results, I see the following for these two titles:

"contentType": "DEFAULT",
Compare this to other results that are found, which tend to be:

"contentType": "FEATURE",
"contentType": "SERIES",
I'm not sure what the ramifications of adding "DEFAULT" to the allowed search results would be for HBO Max, but it almost certainly would open up these two titles. As these are the only two items I haven't been able to find, I have no idea how much more significant that impact might be.

*EDIT*: Forgot to mention... this was not unique to 1.2.2.4, but this was when I first discovered this in the log. I imagine this same scenario has been present since the addition of HBO Max, as I have never been able to find either title.

Last edited:
The DEFAULT entry is a bit tricky, because it comes with hardly any information (other entries, like "SERIES" have elements describing details, but the "DEFAULT" only points to something where there might be more to obtain, we'll have to study that further...)

the site has a bad index how can anystrem fix when it is hbo max error in index?

the site has a bad index how can anystrem fix when it is hbo max error in index?
Can you rephrase that? I don't get what you're trying to say.

my hbo max is on nordic ip and for the last day the site search of so i dont think it is a anystream or it might be just me

Please please please someone fix this bug. It's been present since HBO Max was added. I had dual HBO subscription through amazon and google, and cancelled amazon once hbo was added to anystream, only to find that Last Week Tonight was not available for some reason, but is available through any other platform.

Please please please someone fix this bug. It's been present since HBO Max was added. I had dual HBO subscription through amazon and google, and cancelled amazon once hbo was added to anystream, only to find that Last Week Tonight was not available for some reason, but is available through any other platform.

Its not available through USA HBO Max either. ( Last Week Tonight) in AnyStream.

Last edited:
I was able to find Last Week Tonight via a regular web browser and added it to My List.
I went into AS and it does not show in the tiles for My List or when doing a search, but in the log it is in the mylist.json file so AS seems to be getting the information from the provider but maybe it's getting filtered out? Possibly the type:franchise or the previously mentioned "contentType": "DEFAULT"?

Log attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.4.1_hbomax_last_week_tonight_search_and_mylist.astlog
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Its not available through USA HBO Max either. ( Last Week Tonight) in AnyStream.
Are you agreeing that it needs to be fixed here? Or arguing that Last Week Tonight is not available through USA HBO Max? If the latter, got a screenshot here that disagrees.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 6
Back