• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HBO MAX Space Jam- A New Legacy 4K

You can add Zack Snyder's Justice League @ 2400x1800 to the list of hvc1 videos. Luckily, it's in the limited selection of videos presented in AS 1.1.5.9. in the "Popular Movies" and "Ragtag Teams" queues.

You can add The Suicide Squad. Even at 720p it's all pink and green. I guess I'll need to buy a new nVidia SHIELD since mine doesn't have DV. Or a new TV. Or both.

You can add The Suicide Squad. Even at 720p it's all pink and green. I guess I'll need to buy a new nVidia SHIELD since mine doesn't have DV. Or a new TV. Or both.

I got it at full 4k (3840x2160) in hvc1, so plays fine via KODI on my Shield on a 1440 PC monitor, 1080P Samsung Plasma, and an LG 4K UHD.

Note, my Shield is about 3 years old and doesn't have DV that I know of.

Last edited:
I got it at full 4k (3840x2160) in hvc1, so plays fine via KODI on my Shield on a 1440 PC monitor, 1080P Samsung Plasma, and an LG 4K UHD.

Note, my Shield is about 3 years old and doesn't have DV that I know of.

I guess I can give the 4K a try and re-encode in Handbrake if the picture is okay. Using Plex, my 2015 SHIELD and my 5 year old Vizio TV, the 720 doesn't work.

Edit: Weird, the 4K plays perfectly fine. Wonder why the 720p is all wonky?

Last edited:
I guess I can give the 4K a try and re-encode in Handbrake if the picture is okay. Using Plex, my 2015 SHIELD and my 5 year old Vizio TV, the 720 doesn't work.

Edit: Weird, the 4K plays perfectly fine. Wonder why the 720p is all wonky?

I can't imagine that the 720p version is DV encoded. What I do is turn on the log messages and just as the download starts, I watch for the "Setting original format hvc1" message. If I see that, I know it's good to go. If I see "Setting original format dvh1", then I know it's Dolby Vision and I can't use it, so I abort. I start at the highest res possible and work my way down until I find a res > 1080 that is hvc1.

WW84 is about the only one I can't find one that's hvc1 that's > 1080.

Some movies, like No Sudden Move and The Little Things, are fine at 1080 even though 4k may be available. Can't see wasting the extra hard drive space on those kinds of movies at 4k as there's no CGI or anything that would make them pop in UHD.

I have the new NVidia shield pro (fully updated) and can confirm the 4K HM titles are Dolby Vision and don't currently play on it. The only way I got the DV Meta Data to show up and play the colors correctly were to play directly on my Sony XBR-55X900f through the plex app. I can't even get cloneBD mp4/mkv DV titles to play correctly on my shield pro (the colors look right, but only play in standard HDR, DV does not appear to be enabled). My TV only senses DV from Discs through a DV capable blu ray player and from Apps directly isntalled on the TV through google app store.

I tried getting plex (on shield pro) to transcode the DV encoded HM titles and it retained the green/purple hue lol. Thought it might work since I heard plex introduced tone mapping for transcodes awhile back, but no dice.

Last edited:
I have the new NVidia shield pro (fully updated) and can confirm the 4K HM titles are Dolby Vision and don't currently play on it. The only way I got the DV Meta Data to show up and play the colors correctly were to play directly on my Sony XBR-55X900f through the plex app. I can't even get cloneBD mp4/mkv DV titles to play correctly on my shield pro (the colors look right, but only play in standard HDR, DV does not appear to be enabled). My TV only senses DV from Discs through a DV capable blu ray player and from Apps directly isntalled on the TV through google app store.

I tried getting plex (on shield pro) to transcode the DV encoded HM titles and it retained the green/purple hue lol. Thought it might work since I heard plex introduced tone mapping for transcodes awhile back, but no dice.
maybe because your tv supports Type 2, as mine does and any 4k hdr, 4k dv web-dls dont work on my tv because they arnt type 2

I can't imagine that the 720p version is DV encoded. What I do is turn on the log messages and just as the download starts, I watch for the "Setting original format hvc1" message. If I see that, I know it's good to go. If I see "Setting original format dvh1", then I know it's Dolby Vision and I can't use it, so I abort. I start at the highest res possible and work my way down until I find a res > 1080 that is hvc1.

WW84 is about the only one I can't find one that's hvc1 that's > 1080.

Some movies, like No Sudden Move and The Little Things, are fine at 1080 even though 4k may be available. Can't see wasting the extra hard drive space on those kinds of movies at 4k as there's no CGI or anything that would make them pop in UHD.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Here's what Plex says for the 720.

But the 4K worked so I handbrake'd it down to 1080 because I really don't need Suicide Squad in 4k eating up 18gb.

Attachments

• tss.png
    tss.png
    135.2 KB · Views: 14
Back