• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HBO Max - Can't find certain titles?

Wowfunhappy

For some reason, I can't seem to find either "Last Week Tonight" or "Real Time with Bill Maher" in Anystream. They simply don't come up when I search for them.

These shows do appear when I log into HBO Max in my web browser.

Any idea what could be going on?

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.7.astlog
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
For some reason, I can't seem to find either "Last Week Tonight" or "Real Time with Bill Maher" in Anystream. They simply don't come up when I search for them.

Next version could be coming soon, I cant say when but I bet it has a bunch of fixes and updates.

There are some posts from the past week or so where people wrote about that you can start a video in your browser and than it should appear within AS in the "continue watching" or like this section.
But I'm not sure if it is only Hulu or HBO or both of them.

There are some posts from the past week or so where people wrote about that you can start a video in your browser and than it should appear within AS in the "continue watching" or like this section.
But I'm not sure if it is only Hulu or HBO or both of them.
Ah, that's a clever way to do it! ...except I can't actually stream HBO from my browser, it says my browser doesn't meet the system requirements for their stupid DRM. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So I take it I'm not the only person with this issue? That's always good to know at least!

Ah, that's a clever way to do it! ...except I can't actually stream HBO from my browser, it says my browser doesn't meet the system requirements for their stupid DRM. Go figure.

So I take it I'm not the first person with this issue?
Try another browser. If you prefer your current one than use the other only for HBO purposes.
Maybe there is also a watchlist like Amz and NF have one but I havn't tried the other ones yet.

No, there were already some posts about this topic and that the download behaviour is not good because AS downloads a different episode than selectet.

No, it has to do with my OS and monitor, HBO does not like it. Amazon is also limited to standard definition (although unlike HBO it does at least play).
Well than there is nothing you can do except using a VM your Hardware and OS have the abillity to run it.

Okay, I switched to a different machine to play the start of the videos. (Don't know why I didn't think of that.)

Unfortunately, they are not showing up in Continue Watching in AnyStream. (They do in the browser.) Other shows do show up in Continue Watching.

They don't appear in 2 other software packages either. Might be because they are considered "Live" programs.

Since I have HBO add-on in AP.... it doesn't even appear there on my Roku TV AP app.

Does this provider have the possiblity to add things tona watchlist (My Stuff) like Amz and NF? If so, simply use that.
Maybe you can even do it on your phone so you don't have to switch to the other machine.

I have HBO through Amazon and there are some programs that don't show up. With the no ad version (for 14.99) you are supposed to get everything including shows advertised on TV as in the theater and on HBO at the same time. I used to get these when using my cable company (Spectrum always raising prices) but now using Amazon they don't show up. Since Anystream is now supporting HBO Max I plan to switch to the version from the HBO MAX website. Also I don't like getting to HBO Max through the Amazon Prime Interface.

I have HBO through Amazon and there are some programs that don't show up. With the no ad version (for 14.99) you are supposed to get everything including shows advertised on TV as in the theater and on HBO at the same time. I used to get these when using my cable company (Spectrum always raising prices) but now using Amazon they don't show up. Since Anystream is now supporting HBO Max I plan to switch to the version from the HBO MAX website. Also I don't like getting to HBO Max through the Amazon Prime Interface.
Not sure I'm reading you correctly, but there's no reason to switch to a stand-alone HBOmax subscription if you already subscribe to HBOmax through Amazon. Yes, in order to log in to the HBOmax website initially you have to use the "Sign In With Provider" option. You'd do this from a conventional web browser. Once signed in that way you can access the "Account" option under your profile and give yourself a HBOmax specific password. From that point forward you don't have to log in to HBOmax using the "Sign In With Provider" option if you don't want to. Instead you can log in with your Amazon email address and HBOmax specific password which is also how you'd need to log in to HBOmax within AnyStream. It's no different than if you had a stand-alone HBOmax subscription at that point with respects to logging in. For access to the full HBOmax catalog you'd log in to HBOmax outside of AmazonPrime. At the same time, you can still access HBO specific content directly through AmazonPrime if you want. There's no downside.

Last edited:

Log in to HBOmax outside of AnyStream adding the titles to your "My List", then access your "My List" from AnyStream. That's what I do. I don't use AnyStream to search for anything. I follow this practice with all the providers AnyStream supports.

Log in to HBOmax outside of AnyStream adding the titles to your "My List", then access your "My List" from AnyStream. That's what I do. I don't use AnyStream to search for anything. I follow this practice with all the providers AnyStream supports.
Thanks, unfortunately they're not showing up in My List inside AnyStream.

Did you restart AS or F5 if it is possible with this provider?
I've tried restarting AnyStream, yes.

Is anyone else able to find "Last Week Tonight" within AnyStream...?

Last edited:
ive just complemented my standalone HMAX sub with a hulu HMAX addon (down 23$ in total, for now). and, yes. and, yes its retarded. for instance. standalone HMAX has 'whose line is it anyways' (US). i can watch it and i can download it with AS (HMAX with AS being a ___tshow atm aside). but, if i switch to hulu (either in browser/app or in AS) i cant watch WLIIA (US), because for some retarded reason hulu wants me to get live tv subscription. lol. wth?

on the other hand. UK version of the show is available to me everywhere; app, browser, AS...

hulu in AS doesnt have 'my stuff' section. was it added in the latest beta?? iirc, it only has 'continue watching'.

Thanks, unfortunately they're showing up in My List inside AnyStream.

I've tried restarting AnyStream, yes.

Is anyone else able to find "Last Week Tonight" within AnyStream...?
I cant get it on Hulu but I only have the 1.99 a month special trial

Attachments

• Last.png
    Last.png
    238.3 KB · Views: 6
ive just complemented my standalone HMAX sub with a hulu HMAX addon (down 23$ in total, for now). and, yes. and, yes its retarded. for instance. standalone HMAX has 'whose line is it anyways' (US). i can watch it and i can download it with AS (HMAX with AS being a ___tshow atm aside). but, if i switch to hulu (either in browser/app or in AS) i cant watch WLIIA (US), because for some retarded reason hulu wants me to get live tv subscription. lol. wth?

on the other hand. UK version of the show is available to me everywhere; app, browser, AS...
Here's the answer I posted in another thread:
Because adding HBO to Hulu just gives you access to HBO content, not HBO Max content. There are a bunch of movies and shows that are exclusive to HBO Max that you still can't access through Hulu or Amazon.

Here's the answer I posted in another thread:

yeah, i know that. but, still. my gripe is with hulu for asking for a live tv sub. if i get that, e.g. dish out 70$ (side note, remember when they told us to cut the cord and save moneys? hahahaha, lying *astards) then i can watch/download WLIIA (US) with hulu via HMAX addon. well, well, well.. funny how that works, eh? scummy hulu...

Back