• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HBO Max - Can't find certain titles?

Is anyone else able to find "Last Week Tonight" within AnyStream...?

i do. hulu with HMAX addon. just clicked it and playlist showed. which means its available for download. season 7 and season 8, only though. i didnt try downloading, dont want to lose a token. haha.

Last edited:
I cant get it on Hulu but I only have the 1.99 a month special trial
i do. hulu with HMAX addon. just clicked it and playlist showed. which means its available for download. season 7 and season 8, only though. i didnt try downloading, dont want to lose a token. haha.
Thanks, wondering if anyone can actually get it through the HBO Max provider. (I don't have Hulu, or the HBO channel on Amazon for that matter.)

>>Because adding HBO to Hulu just gives you access to HBO content, not HBO Max content. There are movies and shows that are exclusive to HBO Max that you still can't access through Hulu or Amazon.<< I agree with this statement. There are some titles not available when going through Amazon (I don't know about HBO MAX through Hulu). Also there does not seem to be any way to search only within HBO MAX or SHO through Amazon even though you are paying the full $14.99 price for the non ad version and supposed to get all of HBOMAX.
I have been using Amazon & Amazon Prime for many years and find many Amazon policies very unfair to consumers. There was (and is) also a lot of very suspicious pricing throughout the Pandemic.
There are too many Amazon Prime videos that cost extra and too many restrictions on rentals or purchases.

>>Because adding HBO to Hulu just gives you access to HBO content, not HBO Max content. There are movies and shows that are exclusive to HBO Max that you still can't access through Hulu or Amazon.<< I agree with this statement. There are some titles not available when going through Amazon (I don't know about HBO MAX through Hulu). Also there does not seem to be any way to search only within HBO MAX or SHO through Amazon even though you are paying the full $14.99 price for the non ad version and supposed to get all of HBOMAX.
I have been using Amazon & Amazon Prime for many years and find many Amazon policies very unfair to consumers. There was (and is) also a lot of very suspicious pricing throughout the Pandemic.
There are too many Amazon Prime videos that cost extra and too many restrictions on rentals or purchases.
Your issue is with HBO/Warner Bros, not Amazon. HBO Max isn't available on Amazon, HBO is. HBO is a premium cable channel and the "HBO on Prime Video Channels" subscription is just the content from that cable channel. I can understand why people get confused because HBO Max is a terrible name for the service that was chosen to leverage the HBO name. If it makes it easier, think of the service as Warner Max and HBO content is just one part of it. And you still have access to full HBO Max content for the $14.99 on Amazon, you just have to sign in on the HBO Max website with your Amazon account which I'm sure is another limitation from Warner Bros to boost their numbers for their own site and not let Amazon have the traffic.

Also, you can search just the HBO content on Amazon Prime by going to the Channels section at the top of the Prime Video site and then clicking on the banner for HBO. It will show you just the HBO shows and movies and if you click on See More you can scroll through the entire list of all of the movies/shows and add them to your watchlist and download them from there

HBO MAX is advertised as a channel on Amazon Prime not HBO so it is an Amazon problem. They are charging $14.99 the same price as HBO MAX that is supposed to include everything.

Attachments

• HBO With Ads $9.99 VS HBO  Ad-Free $14.99  Monthly.png
    HBO With Ads $9.99 VS HBO Ad-Free $14.99 Monthly.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
HBO MAX is advertised as a channel on Amazon Prime not HBO so it is an Amazon problem. They are charging $14.99 the same price as HBO MAX that is supposed to include everything.

Go to the HBO Max website and sign in with your Amazon account. Now you have access to HBO Max for your $14.99 price.

Image 7-29-21 at 1.20 AM.jpg

If this is the case why does Amazon not mention this when you subscribe to HBO MAX?

That's something you'll have to take up with amazon or HBO. Not something redfox can help you with ;)

If this is the case why does Amazon not mention this when you subscribe to HBO MAX?
I can't speak for the companies, but it seems pretty clear it's intentional on the part of HBO Max/Warner Bros:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/20/21587715/hbo-max-warnermedia-amazon-prime-video-channels-2021

They want people using HBO Max which is why the content isn't there in the first place. And by the end of this year they'll have pulled HBO from Amazon completely to force you to use HBO Max. My guess is the reason they don't advertise that you can use your Amazon log in is because they don't want you subscribing through Amazon to begin with since you are giving Amazon your payment information and not them.

"Because adding HBO to Hulu just gives you access to HBO content, not HBO Max content. There are a bunch of movies and shows that are exclusive to HBO Max that you still can't access through Hulu or Amazon." Amazon will soon be dropping HBO MAX because of an agreement between the two companies . HBO MAX wants subscribers to join through HBO MAX not Amazon.

Respectfully guys, this thread is for the HBO Max provider. The Amazon Channel is different and always lacks some content, but I'm not using that.

Something weird I noticed:
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 10.18.29 PM.png

There are, in fact, three items on My List—Last Week Tonight, Real-Time with Bill Maher, and Big Little Lies. Only Big Little Lies shows up... but AnyStream seems to be leaving space for the other two?!

There are, in fact, three items on My List. Only Big Little Lies shows up... but AnyStream seems to be leaving space for the other two?!
Looks like your issue was addressed in AnyStream 1.1.5.8. The "My List" section is not even included now. Well, at least in my case. It's completely missing in action. Are we having fun yet? :p

The "My List" section is not even included now. Well, at least in my case. It's completely missing in action. Are we having fun yet? :p
Same here!

Also, by the way, in 1.1.5.8 I still can't find these two titles when I search. (Can you?)

If you go to HM site and go into 40 Year Old Virgin, you can see there's an "extra" that is the uncut version of the film. You can watch it from there, and you can add and see the uncut version in your "My List", however, it does not show up in the AS version of My List (version 1.1.5.7). 1.1.5.8 won't let me into Amazon, so I rolled back to 1.1.5.7.

I seem to be getting into HBO Max US just fine now. I think I see all the videos, but some like Demo Man and The newer Kong won’t download. I get error and error log is created and closes program. Is anyone else having that issue?

Does "Last Week Tonight" come up when you search for it?
Why don't you just wait for a functional version of Anystream? At this point you will probably be able to log in but you won't even be able to download anything without it crashing. And assuming you are even able to download anything Anystream isn't pulling episodes correctly for TV shows so you will wind up downloading mislabeled episodes or the same episode over and over again.

Back