• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hairspray R1

I spoke too soon! I have updated to the new
6.2.0.2 beta version and I am still getting the same error again. I am so disappointed that I cannot put it in appropriate words at the moment!! :(

Well, another moderator isn't having any problems with 6.2.0.2 with Clonedvd nor Anydvd ripper with this disc.

Try right clicking on the red fox icon-->"select rip video-dvd to harddisk" and rip.

If you get an error message, provide the full error message.

Also . . .

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

You really need to run this scan. There's no point troubleshooting further if that scan reports read errors.

Last edited:
I spoke too soon! I have updated to the new
6.2.0.2 beta version and I am still getting the same error again. I am so disappointed that I cannot put it in appropriate words at the moment!! :(

You said you got an "unexpected error". What "unexpected error" is this?

EDIT: It is possible, that you have the bad luck and your source disc is defective.

I already have that disabled. It freezes on vts_01_1.vob and says unexpected error. I have attached the disc logging info. I hope this info will help. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

When I click on details it has: Clone 0 Clone 6 TCE

You said you got an "unexpected error". What "unexpected error" is this?

If I had to guess, it's Clone 0 Clone 6 TCE from Clonedvd, but I suspect this may be a bad disc issue.

Last edited:
What are the odds?

If I had to guess, it's Clone 0 Clone 6 TCE from Clonedvd, but I suspect this may be a bad disc issue.

That is what I first thought, that I may have a bad disc so I got a new one and still got the same error message. What are the odds of getting two bad discs in a row? I guess there may be a very slim chance but I seriously doubt it is a bad disc. At this point anything is possible though. I am at my witts end with this movie. :doh:

That is what I first thought, that I may have a bad disc so I got a new one and still got the same error message. What are the odds of getting two bad discs in a row? I guess there may be a very slim chance but I seriously doubt it is a bad disc. At this point anything is possible though. I am at my witts end with this movie. :doh:

It's pretty simple to check. At this point both Anydvd 6.2.0.2 and Clonedvd 2.9.1.2 handle this disc perfectly fine.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

As you can see from the posts here, Anydvd 6.2.0.2 works fine: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10074

As for getting two bad discs, it's more than possible. Someone here has reported going to store and exchanging a disc 7 times before he got one that works properly (granted, not with this specific movie, but getting bad discs is becoming a lot more common due to bad quality control).

Last edited:
As for getting two bad discs, it's more than possible. Someone here has reported going to store and exchanging a disc 7 times before he got one that works properly (granted, not with this specific movie, but getting bad discs is becoming a lot more common due to bad quality control).

Yeah, sadly it does happen. I exchanged a disc [not this movie] 10 times due to a defective disc. It seems crazy but it's definitely something that does and can happen.

Last edited:
Yeah, sadly it does happen. I exchanged a disc [not this movie] 10 times due to a defective disc. It seems crazy but it's definitely something that does and can happen.

Oh, I knew it was you. For some reason I thought it was 7 times, not 10 times. That's brutal. :(

iwill be trying to back up Hairspray tonight ( the complete disc) What version of AnyDVD should i use...62.01 or 62.02. Thank you Joe in Philly

Hairspray

I have gotten completely through the process of duplicating Hairspray using DVD Shrink and Any DVD (6.2.0.1) and also using CloneDvd 2 (2.6.3.1) and AnyDvd (6.2.0.1). Unfortunately, both times the copy had some audio problems in the same spot. I even went so far as to get a new copy of the movie. Still doesn't work. I had the same problem with El Cantante. Maybe someone is trying to save me from my bad choice of movies.

I have gotten completely through the process of duplicating Hairspray using DVD Shrink and Any DVD (6.2.0.1) and also using CloneDvd 2 (2.6.3.1) and AnyDvd (6.2.0.1). Unfortunately, both times the copy had some audio problems in the same spot. I even went so far as to get a new copy of the movie. Still doesn't work. I had the same problem with El Cantante. Maybe someone is trying to save me from my bad choice of movies.

Actually, the problem is with the method you're using and with using old software versions.

1. With Shrink and these discs you must use Anydvd ripper.
click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

2. Anydvd 6.2.0.1 (well, the ripper portion) does not work properly with Hairspray. Update to 6.2.0.2
click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10074

3. You're using an ancient version of Clonedvd. Update to 2.9.1.2. Visit Slysoft's website.

Back