• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GRRRR!!! Please Help Please!

I understand that

i understand what you mean. I am not a beginner to PC ins and outs and I have had my share of trying to explain things over the phone or internet. It is always hard. That is why I have thanked you a few times now. :)
That being said, I am trying again to burn a DVD even though I was unsuccessful at updating my burner. It is in the procees now. I will let you know how it goes.

PS. i used Nero to burn the CD. Yes there are files on the CD and i am pretty sure that I burned it correctly.

PS. i used Nero to burn the CD. Yes there are files on the CD and i am pretty sure that I burned it correctly.

There's files--and not just one, single .iso file, right?

I would expect the computer to boot to dos--but I would also expect a program to run afterward and for you to have to read some instructions at least.

Well I dont remember....

Well I dont remember....not exactly what is on the disk and I am attempting to burn right now so I cannot check sadly. I wish I could copy and paste the screen that it froze on so you could see it. not sure if it would help but....

hmmm...

i just noticed something differant. I dont know if it means anything but in the CloneDVD window where it says "Bitrate" i have two graphs...one being original and the other being transcoded. Last time i only had one graph. Hmmm...

Well I dont remember....not exactly what is on the disk and I am attempting to burn right now so I cannot check sadly. I wish I could copy and paste the screen that it froze on so you could see it. not sure if it would help but....

If you try the firmware upgrade again, when you get to the dos prompt, type the drive letter that corresponds with your burner follow by a colon

Hit enter

then type dir/w and hit enter

If you see any .txt files (especially something like "readme.txt"), type,

"type filename.txt" (without the quotations) and hit enter

There may be some instructions for you to read that way. I dunno.

Really, what should be happening is a .bat file (autoexec.bat for example) should automatically load and do everything for you.

Last edited:
i just noticed something differant. I dont know if it means anything but in the CloneDVD window where it says "Bitrate" i have two graphs...one being original and the other being transcoded. Last time i only had one graph. Hmmm...

Yes, last time you probably had "dvd+/-r dl" selected near the quality bar--when you should have had "dvd-5". "dvd-5" will usually cause Clonedvd2 to compress video (if the quality bar drops below 100%) so that the video will fit on a single layer disc (4.7 GB). Clonedvd transcodes video to compress it. The more it compresses, the worse the picture quality will be. So it's usually a good idea to have the quality bar as high as possible. You can make the quality bar higher by removing trailers, ads, menus, language tracks you don't need, etc.

Last edited:
If you try the firmware upgrade again, when you get to the dos prompt, type the drive letter that corresponds with your burner follow by a colon

Hit enter

then type dir/w and hit enter

If you see any .txt files (especially something like "readme.txt"), type,

"type filname.txt" (without the quotations) and hit enter

There may be some instructions for you to read that way. I dunno.

Well I tried hitting every single key on the keyboard the last time it tried it and nothing worked. Sadly...

Did your burn freeze? If you get an error message let me know what it says please.

woohoo

I dont want to jinx myself but it has entered the writing phase of the burn....it didnt do that on any of the other attempts....cross your fingers :)

Hmm, well, you apparently left. Wish I knew how your burn turned out.

Oh well . . .

Yessssssssssss!

FINALY!!! It worked bud...it worked. It burned it successfully and I couldnt be happier. Thank you so muc h for spending so much time with me today. I appreciate your assitance greatly. Now I am going to get some damn sleep...lol. If i need anym ore help, does your helpful hand stay extended?

FINALY!!! It worked bud...it worked. It burned it successfully and I couldnt be happier. Thank you so muc h for spending so much time with me today. I appreciate your assitance greatly. Now I am going to get some damn sleep...lol. If i need anym ore help, does your helpful hand stay extended?

Of course, but I don't work for Slysoft, so I can't promise I'll always be around this much. I happen to have this week off from what I normally do.

I'm glad it worked. :clap:

Now tomorrow, you need to call HP and get your firmware upgraded properly.

Thanks for letting me know it worked. I appreciate it.

I didn't want you spending money for nothing. When I recommend something, I take it personally if it doesn't work.

Last edited:
Groovy...

So i jst got lucky then huh. :) Well I am off to crash. TY and I hope you greatly enjoy your week off work. Stay safe! G night

I Have a pavillian laptop from hp,if you have the same your dvd drive should be d drive not e drive;you can reinstall your drivers from your set up disk that came with your computer. If you don't have these you can request them from hp. also when you open up your cloneDVD select clone dvd including all titles and menus.after that if you have a disk inserted you will see the small box next to the right of the scissors click on the arrow and select DVD5 this will compress your inserted disk that is duel layer or DVD9 always keep this set onDVD5 this will take care of disk space problem ALS MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING DVD-R 120 Min disk perferibly 16X.AND NOT CD-R!I have used slysoft anydvd and cloan2 for some time now and have not had any problems with my hp product. you may also want to make sure you can play a movie on your computer ,your optical senser could be bad and not reading your disk and make sure media player software is working also. hope yhis helps sincerly fm.

Back