• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GRRRR!!! Please Help Please!

i made a CD

Do this again, please:

With Anydvd running on your toolbar, click it. Click "status" on the left. Select the drive letter that corresponds with your burner on the right. Copy and paste the information in that window for me to see here (hold left mouse button and drag mouse over the text; then right click the mouse button; select "copy". Bring the mouse cursor to your post; right click; and then select "paste").

Here is an example of what I want:

"No Disc is present in Drive E:!
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-760A 1.06 12/26/0609:00"

My drive...

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive E:!
HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4161B 5.19 05/03/15

AnyDVD is disabled for Drive E:!

No, it's not updated. You need to run the cd.

You probably missed these steps:

"6. Leave the disc in the drive and restart the system.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware.

Note: Be sure to read the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions will damage the drive.

8. After the firmware update is complete, remove the CD from the optical drive and restart the system."

well....

I put the dirk in and restarted my PC. After alot of DOS prompts scrolled along, it stopped and then just sat there in DOS for like 5 minutes. So I took the disk out and restarted it and it started up fine. here is me copying and pasting the same thing from AnyDVD:

No Disc is present in Drive E:!

I put the dirk in and restarted my PC. After alot of DOS prompts scrolled along, it stopped and then just sat there in DOS for like 5 minutes. So I took the disk out and restarted it and it started up fine. here is me copying and pasting the same thing from AnyDVD:

No Disc is present in Drive E:!

You either

1) didn't create the cd properly

or

2) need to set your system to boot from the cd

You're going to have to call HP to have someone help you through this properly, because I don't have this drive--and I don't have an HP. And this firmware upgrade process is the furthest thing from normal that I've ever seen. Sorry

After your drive's firmware reads 5.22 instead of 5.19, let me know.

Last edited:
Firmware

That is still the same firmware. It will probably take a while to update the firmware. It takes more time than a program install. Try it again and give it some time, at least 15-20 minutes.

Did you set your PC to boot from CD?

Last edited:
well....hmmm..

What burners would you sugguest if i was to just buy a new burner?

I will be bak shortly

Well I have to go for an hour but I will be right back on after that. It is almost 10PM EST here. Ill be back at 11 PM. See you then hopefully...

I will try that...

I will try to give it more time and see if that works if you think it will.

iam gonna retry..

I am gonna give that guys advice a try(give the update a little more time to install), then I will try and follow your list. I will brb.

I am gonna give that guys advice a try(give the update a little more time to install), then I will try and follow your list. I will brb.

1. download ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software7/COL15200/ob-40563-1/sp26777.exe
2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES to overwrite file.
5. Close all applications and remove any discs from the system optical drives (CD or DVD).
6. Double-click the icon for the update file downloaded in step 1, and then click NEXT.
7. Accept the terms in the HP License Agreement, and then click NEXT.

then

9. Select CD Disc in the "HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4161B...." window, and then click OK.
10. Click OK in the "HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4161B...." window.
11. To continue with the remaining update steps, refer to the appropriate instructions for the CD recording software you are going to use.

Then you need to pick the burning software program you want to use:

For Veritas RecordNow Version 5.0 or earlier:

1. Click START on the taskbar, and choose (All) Programs, CD (DVD) Recorder, RecordNow, and then click RecordNow again.
2. In the RecordNow application window, click Make a Data Disc.
3. Insert the blank recordable CD (CD-R) into the drive, and then click NEXT.
4. Click Add Files and Folders.
5. Navigate to the folder containing the update file (C:\SoftPaq\sp26777), select the sp26777.iso file and click ADD.
6. Click Yes and wait for RecordNow to complete the update CD.
7. Leave the disc in the drive and restart the system.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware.

Note: Be sure to read the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions will damage the drive.

9. After the firmware update is complete, remove the CD from the optical drive and restart the system.

For Sonic RecordNow! 6.0:
RecordNow! 6.0 does not support the ISO image burning feature. To update RecordNow! 6.0 to RecordNow! 6.7:

1. Click START on the taskbar, and choose All Programs, CD (DVD) Recorder, RecordNow!, and then click RecordNow! again.
2. Click on the Help menu icon (a question mark), then click Check for Updates.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.

Note: You may need to run the update twice, once to update the RecordNow! PX recording engine and again to update RecordNow! to version 6.7.

4. When you are finished updating to RecordNow! 6.7, go to the instructions for Sonic RecordNow! 6.5 or 6.7 to continue with the remaining steps of this firmware update.

For Sonic RecordNow! Version 6.5 or 6.7:

1. Click START on the taskbar, and choose (All) Programs, CD (DVD) Recorder, RecordNow!, and then click RecordNow! again.
2. In the RecordNow! application window, click the tab to view Backup Projects.
3. Click Burn Image.
4. Click Browse.
5. Navigate to the folder containing the update file (C:\SoftPaq\sp26777), select the sp26777.iso file and click ADD.
6. Insert the blank recordable CD (CD-R) into the drive.
7. Click Burn and wait for RecordNow! to complete the update CD.
8. Leave the disc in the drive and restart the system.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware.

10. After the firmware update is complete, remove the CD from the optical drive and restart the system.

For Sonic RecordNow! Version 7.0 or greater:

1. Click START on the taskbar, and choose (All) Programs, Sonic RecordNow!, and then click RecordNow!.
2. In the RecordNow! application window, click the tab to view Backup Projects.
3. Click Burn Image.
4. Click Browse.
7. Click Burn and wait for RecordNow! to complete the update CD.

10. After the firmware update is complete, remove the CD from the optical drive and restart the system.

For Sonic DigitalMedia Plus or Deluxe Version 7.0 or greater:

1. Click START on the taskbar, and choose (All) Programs, Sonic, DigitalMedia Projects, and then click RecordNow Copy.
2. In the RecordNow application window, click the Copy tab (it may already be selected).
3. Click Burn Image.
4. Click Browse.
7. Click Burn and wait for RecordNow to complete the update CD.

For Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6:

1. Click START on the taskbar, and choose (All) Programs, Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6, and then click Creator Classic.
2. In the File Menu, click Record Disc from Image.
3. Navigate to the folder containing the update file (C:\SoftPaq\sp26777), select the sp26777.iso file and click OPEN.
4. Insert the blank recordable CD (CD-R) into the drive.
5. Click OK in the Record Setup window and wait for Roxio to complete the update CD.
6. Leave the disc in the drive and restart the system.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware.

8. After the firmware update is complete, remove the CD from the optical drive and restart the system.

If you manage to create the cd, it's now important that when you reboot, your computer boots from that cd.

ok how do i make sure it boots from

how do i make shure that my PC boots from the disk?

how do i make shure that my PC boots from the disk?

This is why I would call HP if I were you. This is a setting controlled in you computer's bios.
And if you don't know what you're doing, I'm not sure I recommend mucking around with your bios options.
Some people hit "del" on startup,"F1" or something else to get into the bios menu when your computer first starts up.
Then you would look for the something like "device boot order", and ensure your dvd burner is ranked higher (or is set to boot first) before your hard drive.

I would assume this is the case by default though, given all the burning steps state:

"6. Leave the disc in the drive and restart the system.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware."

Last edited:
Hey bud TY

Just wanted to thank you again for spendin so much time trying to help me. I am sincerely grateful.
I will try that to see if it helps. I tried making another boot disk and got the same DOS screen again.

Just wanted to thank you again for spendin so much time trying to help me. I am sincerely grateful.
I will try that to see if it helps. I tried making another boot disk and got the same DOS screen again.

What burning software did you use to create the cd? If you go in Windows Explorer do you see any files on the cd?
Do you feel you burned the cd o.k.?

If I were in person at your computer, I almost guarantee I could get this working for you, but this is a very difficult situation to try
to troubleshoot because I'm not using the same system (and I'm not that familiar with HP).

I have to say that's the most insane process I've ever seen for a burner firmware upgrade.

The other thing is even if you don't do a firmware update, if you follow this guide the software might still work for you:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476

Just remember to leave Anydvd running at all times.

Last edited:
Back