• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Gods of Egypt (R1) DVD

Clams

Pretty clear decryption error - likely structural.
Lionsgate (go figure)
Movie starts over from the beginning at about 35 seconds in.
Also some black/blank places in the playback.
Still watching it....

Logfile attached
-W

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.2.0_Info_F_GODS_OF_EGYPT.ziplog
    260.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Addendum:
Stated runtime is 2:07 (127 minutes)
Under AnyDVD - it reports a runtime of 2:41.09 (161 minutes)
So there's about 15 minutes of blank / repeated crap in there.

-W

I have a beta for you, but I don't know where to put it.... I'll ask Ivan.

Anybody have any ideas on this? It looks like there is a considerable chunk of black screen at the end of chapter 10. When playing the movie from the real DVD it automatically skips to the next chapter like it should. When playing from the iso the black screen plays through before moving on to the next chapter. Still have to burn the DVD and see how it plays from the copy. I've noticed that this has been a common thing with Lion's Gate films recently. Recent movies like Dirty Grandpa have had two listings in the titles though. One with extra crap and one that is the correct running time. I only see the title with the extra crap in Gods of Egypt.

You're right Eric. I'm currently on the blank segment you mentioned. Not much we can do on this one except wait for a fix. With only one title showing as you mentioned, I'm not sure if there is a workaround.All we can do is wait and see I guess.

You're right Eric. I'm currently on the blank segment you mentioned. Not much we can do on this one except wait for a fix. With only one title showing as you mentioned, I'm not sure if there is a workaround.All we can do is wait and see I guess.

There is a workaround for main movie only.
I exited AnyDVD and used Shrink in RE-AUTHOR mode FIRST (not "open disk") and navigated to the disk. Then took title 1.
-W

Last edited:
Clams, can you give me a clarification of what you did again. I used re-author mode first and selected main movie and processed output to a folder and from there burned a DVD. It still has the same problems, i.e., blank space around chapter 10. What do you mean by "took title 1"? Title 23 is the main movie and the only title 1 is under extras at .01mb. What did I do wrong?

Is there a fix using AnyDVD? I don't know exactly what you did with DVDShrink. When I went to Re-Author I did not see any "title" option when I pulled up the DVD from the drive it was in. It only gave me Audio, Video options, etc. but I did not see any any ability to select a title when I hit the video option. I most definitely am doing something wrong. Can you be more specific as to how you did it. Thanks for your help.

You double-posted. Look upthread - James has the fix done - he needs a place to upload it.
-W

On it....
-W

PS: WOOT!! We have a brand new sandbox!! (does Snoopy dance)

Last edited:
OK here's the poop. With new logfile.
It almost plays properly in PowerDVD both from the original disk and the Folder-Rip.
PowerDVD goes from menu to reporting it's playing title 1/23. (correctly)
BUT, At the end of title 1, it does not go back to Menu - it starts playing title 23/23. (the bogus one)

When you open the Fox-Rip in DVDShrink and re-author, it appears as though there are two main movies. Title 1 and title 23. (Of course I know to take the shorter one.)
When compressing the entire disk (from folder) with Shrink it calls it title 1,23
And the shrunk output works the same.. It plays 1 followed by 23 in PowerDVD.
Also - compressing the disk(folder) takes a lot longer because it thinks its doing 2 versions of the same movie.

Bottom line: Title 23 just needs to "go away". LOL

-W

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.2.1_Info_G_GODS_OF_EGYPT.ziplog
    262.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back