• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Gods of Egypt (R1) DVD

Note - I just edited the above post for greater clarity.

I agree, Clams. Good try, but no luck with 8021. Getting rid of title 23 seems to be the key. I've burned 5 coasters so I'll just sit back and wait until you guys say it's fixed for real.

I agree, Clams. Good try, but no luck with 8021. Getting rid of title 23 seems to be the key. I've burned 5 coasters so I'll just sit back and wait until you guys say it's fixed for real.

You do not have to burn just to test something.
Playing the original DVD in PowerDVD with AnyDVD running in the background will reveal most all.
-W

OK here's the poop. With new logfile.
It almost plays properly in PowerDVD both from the original disk and the Folder-Rip.
PowerDVD goes from menu to reporting it's playing title 1/23. (correctly)
BUT, At the end of title 1, it does not go back to Menu - it starts playing title 23/23. (the bogus one)

When you open the Fox-Rip in DVDShrink and re-author, it appears as though there are two main movies. Title 1 and title 23. (Of course I know to take the shorter one.)
When compressing the entire disk (from folder) with Shrink it calls it title 1,23
And the shrunk output works the same.. It plays 1 followed by 23 in PowerDVD.
Also - compressing the disk(folder) takes a lot longer because it thinks its doing 2 versions of the same movie.

Bottom line: Title 23 just needs to "go away". LOL

-W
As title 1 and 23 are in the same title set, it shouldn't matter too much if using AnyDVD ripper or CloneDVD. It shouldn't increase compression much. But deselecting title 23 in CloneDVD would be the right thing to do.
At least it is better than before. ;)

Better than before. But even using the original it fails to return to the Main Menu after playing.
It continues on into 23.
I do only Main Movie rips anyway - I was title 1 and done.
-W

James, you are correct as always. It's actually title 24 in CloneDVD2 using the U.S. retail disc. Deselect title 24 and choose the shorter movie title. Burned a copy and it plays as it should, i.e., it does not bounce back to the beginning and there is no blank space. I still have a few minutes left to play, but I'm already past where the blank segment was. I don't know if any footage is missing from the shorter title as I won't have time today to compare it side by side with the retail version. Maybe tomorrow...

I did a full disc copy with the new beta, removing the title 23. All of the extras play ok but when you finally get to the main menu the first time I click on play movie it just goes black and returns to the menu. The 2nd time I clicked play movie it began to play normally but when it finished the dvd just stopped instead of returning to the menu.

This is playing the burnt disc to my lg standalone dvd player. I tried it twice to be sure it wasn't just a fluke.

There is nothing missing from the "shorter" title.

There is nothing missing from the "shorter" title.

No one ever said there was anything "missing".
It's the long title that was bogus.
I clearly stated such in the opening post on this thread.
127 minutes is the correct length.
-W

I know that Clams. I was just giving info that nitewulf69 was wondering about if the "shorter" title had anything missing as he hadn't had time to check for himself. Just trying to be helpful to another member

Hi there, Having a similar, but not identical problem. On Canadian rental disc, even using new version 8021, still getting a short intro of about 1 minute and 30 seconds, then the screen goes blank and then the movie appears to play in its entirety. Also, scene menu doesn't work properly. Picking any scene just restarts the movie. No title 23 on the original disc, but the original disc appears to show four sets of movie files in VTS_01, VTS_14, VTS_15, and VTS_16. AnyDVD chooses VTS_15. Note that these issues only appear on my PC whether I view the movie with WinDVD or PowerDVD. Original disc works fine on my home DVD player. See attached log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.2.1_Info_H_GODS_OF_EGYPT.ziplog
    267.3 KB · Views: 5
When I use anydvd with handbrake, this movie does not allow 1 to be encoded. It just ends abruptly. When using 23, it leaves about 20 minutes of blank screen crap. Anyone figure out a fix?

That's a handbrake issue probably.

This solution has worked for many titles that didn't work right in Handbrake.
Might as well try it.

From Drinky:
In Handbrake go to Tools > Options > Advanced > under DVD Reading check the "Disable LibDVDNav. (libdvdread will be used instead)" checkbox. Problem solved. Remember to switch it back when you're done.

-W

Hi there, Having a similar, but not identical problem. On Canadian rental disc, even using new version 8021, still getting a short intro of about 1 minute and 30 seconds, then the screen goes blank and then the movie appears to play in its entirety. Also, scene menu doesn't work properly. Picking any scene just restarts the movie. No title 23 on the original disc, but the original disc appears to show four sets of movie files in VTS_01, VTS_14, VTS_15, and VTS_16. AnyDVD chooses VTS_15. Note that these issues only appear on my PC whether I view the movie with WinDVD or PowerDVD. Original disc works fine on my home DVD player. See attached log file.
Thank you.

I tried the new fix and play back didn't start over. Will have to watch whole movie to see if everything is ok. I used the lesser time. So I had a choice and last time I didn't.

When I use anydvd with handbrake, this movie does not allow 1 to be encoded. It just ends abruptly. When using 23, it leaves about 20 minutes of blank screen crap. Anyone figure out a fix?

This solution has worked for many titles that didn't work right in Handbrake.
Might as well try it.

From Drinky:
In Handbrake go to Tools > Options > Advanced > under DVD Reading check the "Disable LibDVDNav. (libdvdread will be used instead)" checkbox. Problem solved. Remember to switch it back when you're done.

-W

I don't know if that will work but given the description of the problem it does sound like it might. :)

Back