• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Getting onto website

Do i smell an apology comin? Cause i damn well knew i was right :)
Hardly. Telling someone they need to go out and get a new computer just to reach this website instead of just using a different browser is ludicrous.

Show me the line where it said "get a new computer"? Right, ya won't find it. I said the OS was to blame.

Ok so I really got some interesting conversations going here with my old computer. I use the XP computer only for RedFox because that is where I originally set it up and the dvd burner works better than these new systems. I could access Redfox a few weeks ago through Chrome but that option seems to be gone now with update changes they have made. If I turn off (uncheck) all the SSL options in my 'internet options/tools' sections will that help or makes things worse?

turning things of won't many any difference towards redfox and it'll only make it worse for SSL using sites that use a certificate authority XP DOES know. There's only 1 real "fix" and thats a more recent operating system. If your hardware supports it you could see if it can run windows 7 and upgrade to that one. But that one is pretty much dead too. It's on the "extended support" deadline and i think that one runs out some time this year too. After that, no more updates and same problem returns.

@ DAP , I had no problem using XP Pro here with 3 different browsers .
I'm now using my laptop. Is's second OS is XP SP3 Home .
It also seems to be working fine on this forum .
I usually use Windows 7 & I have no plans to use Windows 10.
I guess I will depend on my security software to keep me safe when updates stop for Windows 7.
That's what I'm doing for my XP OSs.
I'm not going to unmothball my old Pentium 3 IBM but it has Windows 98SE & I was able to go online with it about a year ago.
I didn't try redfox at that time.
It was very slow & IE6 was almost useless.
I either used an old version of FF or Opera to surf.

@ RedFox 1 , I still haven't used MS-DOS to view this forum .
Any Instructions ?

you couldn't have tried to access redfox a year ago even if you wanted to. RedFox didn't exist then

you couldn't have tried to access redfox a year ago even if you wanted to. RedFox didn't exist then
I knew that . About April 2016 correct?
I did try several sites with the old IBM though & it worked on most .
It even has an old version of Avast AV that would update definitions.

I switched to IE 8 on the laptop & it seems to be working fine also.
I know I haven't added any certifacates to this XP .
It has all the updates from MS till they stopped .
I assume MS must have installed the correct certificate in one of the updates.

So for me it doesn't seem to be a browser or OS problem.

mmdavis also posted he could use XP

@ DAP , I had no problem using XP Pro here with 3 different browsers .
I'm now using my laptop. Is's second OS is XP SP3 Home .
It also seems to be working fine on this forum .
I usually use Windows 7 & I have no plans to use Windows 10.
I guess I will depend on my security software to keep me safe when updates stop for Windows 7.
That's what I'm doing for my XP OSs.
I'm not going to unmothball my old Pentium 3 IBM but it has Windows 98SE & I was able to go online with it about a year ago.
I didn't try redfox at that time.
It was very slow & IE6 was almost useless.
I either used an old version of FF or Opera to surf.

@ RedFox 1 , I still haven't used MS-DOS to view this forum .
Any Instructions
?
DOS is a command-line operating system with no graphical windows. You booted up your computer and then saw a DOS prompt. You had to know the commands to type at this prompt to launch programs, run built-in utilities, and actually do something with your computer. I thought you said you used it.

DOS is a command-line operating system with no graphical windows. You booted up your computer and then saw a DOS prompt. You had to know the commands to type at this prompt to launch programs, run built-in utilities, and actually do something with your computer. I thought you said you used it.

I have used MS-DOS just not to to go online or as a browser. That's what I wanted instructions for.
Using MS-DOS commands are similar to using the command prompt on a modern OS.
On an old OS like Windows 98 MS-DOS could do a lot to the OS outside of Windows being booted.

Ok so I really got some interesting conversations going here with my old computer. I use the XP computer only for RedFox because that is where I originally set it up and the dvd burner works better than these new systems. I could access Redfox a few weeks ago through Chrome but that option seems to be gone now with update changes they have made. If I turn off (uncheck) all the SSL options in my 'internet options/tools' sections will that help or makes things worse?
@DAP, with some of the previous nonsense notwithstanding, have you tried to use Firefox? IE and Chrome both check for the certificates, Firefox uses it's own certification. If you can't get there with Firefox either, you have something bigger going on than just using XP. Can you browse anywhere from that computer?

Firefox is useless, I can't use it to get online, something about missing something to set up properly. Chrome will not load because it doesn't support XP but I was able to use it to still get online with some minor work arounds. This enabled me to get to Redfox and get the latest downloads. Thanks for everyone's input.

Have you tried FireFox Portable ?
It is one of the browsers that work for me on XP .
As posted previously two versions of XP on two different computers work for me.
Is it possible that an AV or malware software is blocking redfox?
Or firewall or hosts file ?
Here is a link to the FF Portable in case you want to try it.
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

I fired up my old XP PC.

XP has all updates available installed. The latest version of Firefox is installed.

Running AVG antivirus.

No problems accessing website or forum.

Sent from my XP PC.

Thanks cholla. There could be anything on this computer, I have tried to clean it up. Thanks for the link just in case it becomes necessary. I can browse other sites with explorer.

Back