• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal v4.0.0.5 beta

First of all... if the bug report can not be emailed (via GJ), you should be able to find it in them GJ folder.

Regarding the Securom protected games... there are still issues with this and for some odd reason the profiles are not created correctly. Looking at the logs from Webslingers profiles (Batman and Bioshock), there are some odd things happening with the capture which we are looking into.

Finally regarding the profile shortcut (as mentioned by Webslinger). Getting this functionality working has been hindered by the Securom issue... once we get it sorted I promise we'll finalize that feature ;)

Last edited:
First of all... if the bug report can not be emailed (via GJ), you should be able to find it in them GJ folder.

Do you want logs for the issue with the Manager.exe crashing, matthew? If so I'll email them.

Do you want logs for the issue with the Manager.exe crashing, matthew? If so I'll email them.

I can reproduce this if I try to run two instances of Game Jackal at the same time.

So if a profile hasn't been released for whatever reason, or if another instance of Game Jackal is running in the background--and you attempt to run Game Jackal again, you're going to get that error message.

It's not really that the existing Game Jackal process is crashing. Rather it's still running or hanging in the background--and the second instance of Game Jackal that you are attempting to run is crashing.

Last edited:
I can reproduce this if I try to run two instances of Game Jackal at the same time.

So if a profile hasn't been released for whatever reason, or if another instance of Game Jackal is running in the background--and you attempt to run Game Jackal again, you're going to get that error message.

It's not really that the existing Game Jackal process is crashing. Rather it's still running or hanging in the background--and the second instance of Game Jackal that you are attempting to run is crashing.

Makes sense but for all intents and purposes I cannot find the process. I've looked and I seriously cannot find it at all. It's invisible as far as I can tell. Maybe I'm just being totally blind and not seeing it. I can't find the cause of the problem nor the solution other than intentionally crashing the hidden instance which makes me cringe every time. I also don't know why it begins happening at all. I only had 1 single profile and it worked fine for a few days and then suddenly the problem occurred again where I had to start GJ v4.0.0.5 twice again [and thereby killing that hidden process somewhere].

For those of you having problems with Securom protection games and want to use 4.0.0.5, this is what I would do:

1. Back up your working Game Jackal profiles

2. Uninstall both Game Jackal 3 and 4.

3. Reboot.

4. Delete your Game Jackal directories (all of them).

5. Backup your registry: click http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

6. Run ccleaner: http://www.ccleaner.com/download.

7. Click the "registry" button the left. Click "scan for issues". CCleaner should prompt you if you want to backup your registry. You might as well.

8. Select "fix all selected issues".

9. Now keep clicking "scan for issues", and select "fix all select issues" again. Keep doing this until ccleaner doesn't find anything else for you to fix.

10. Reboot

11. Install Game Jackal 4.0.0.5

12. Apply your Game Jackal license key

13. Now create a new profile

And if that doesn't work, then change to Generation 3 drivers and reprofile (that's what fixed my problem). You click "General settings", and then select "Generation 3". Then click "close".

Been a while since we've heard anything on this. Is there a new beta coming that fixes some of the problems that people have seen?

I actually gave up on this beta, I was having endless hassles with manager.exe crashing and for some reason my profiles stopped working. I will be giving it a try again because I think I found the source of my problems and its a step maybe Web needs to add to his post.

Do a search for any of the maplom driver files, I noticed that after uninstalling all my game jackal installs (stable and beta) the generation 4 driver was still kicking around. These were the same beta generation 4 drivers from awhile back. So if anyone is having hassles maybe do a search for any maplom files in your windows folder after uninstalling and remove them.

Will report back tomorrow or the day after.

Back