• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal v4.0.0.5 beta

That's pretty screwy. I took over my Wolfenstein profile from GJ 3 and had zero problems with it. Well, at least you've got it working now I guess.

And now it's happening again with just that single Batman profile...

My Batman profile on my bedroom machine broke. It's no longer working. Nothing had changed so I'm not sure what's up with that. I'll need to recreate it. :(

My Batman profile on my bedroom machine broke. It's no longer working. Nothing had changed so I'm not sure what's up with that. I'll need to recreate it. :(

Have you tried the performance and reliability wizard?

Several times. I'll just recreate it.

Hmmm . . .

I was just thinking, "I thought profiles were locked by default, so it wouldn't make any sense that one could be changed." But I don't see an option to lock the profile, when I right click on one. Do you?

In the past some Securom profiles would work only on the day they were created (part of the protection), but matthew fixed that awhile ago. Maybe the newer Securom versions have created this problem again? evlncrn8 and matthew would know better than I would.

Hmmm . . .

I was just thinking, "I thought profiles were locked by default, so it wouldn't make any sense that one could be changed." But I don't see an option to lock the profile, when I right click on one. Do you?

In the past some Securom profiles would work only on the day they were created (part of the protection), but matthew fixed that awhile ago. Maybe the newer Securom versions have created this problem again? evlncrn8 and matthew would know better than I would.

But the thing is the profile is working fine on my main HTPC still, so, I don't get it. I haven't yet recreated it so who knows. My other 2 profiles are working fine. Weird.

But the thing is the profile is working fine on my main HTPC still, so, I don't get it. I haven't yet recreated it so who knows. My other 2 profiles are working fine. Weird.

Yeah, I don't think profiles that have been created on one computer and used with other systems will necessarily perform well on those other systems due to hardware differences (which can affecting timing), but I could be mistaken.

Yeah, I don't think profiles that have been created on one computer and used with other systems will necessarily perform well on those other systems due to hardware differences (which can affecting timing), but I could be mistaken.

It should if you retune it.

It should if you retune it.

Maybe. But it would probably be safer to recreate one (as you have suggested) on the system that is having problems (in addition to trying another drive to create it, if possible).

Has anyone had the issue where it does not release the profile from the CD drive?

even after GJ is closed it still thinks a CD from my last profile is inserted. :)

Another issue I have had with 4.0.0.5 is you need to start the app twice. If you start it once, it starts up with the splash screen then nothing happends. The second time it opens with a error. But then you close down the error and it works fine.

Regards
Freakz

Last edited:
Has anyone had the issue where it does not release the profile from the CD drive?

even after GJ is closed it still thinks a CD from my last profile is inserted. :)

Yes, this has happened to me.

Another issue I have had with 4.0.0.5 is you need to start the app twice. If you start it once, it starts up with the splash screen then nothing happends. The second time it opens with a error. But then you close down the error and it works fine.

Yes, you are describing an issue I've already reported: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=219143&postcount=6.

Looks like it is a windows 7 bug.. when it does not release the profile. disabling and re enabling the cd rom releases it.. also happends in v 3.2.1.4

Okay, all of my profiles now no longer work in 4.0.0.5 and recreating them doesn't help.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling Game Jackal, but I am not hopeful.

Good times. I had the same crashing problem the first time I loaded it like Drink and FrEakz, but, after that it loaded fine. Then my Batman AA profile stopped working. Recreating it did help in my case.

*sigh*

I get this error message when attempting to uninstall 4.0.0.5:

attachment.php

Attachments

• uninstall.jpg
    uninstall.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 41
Honestly if I were to uninstall it, I'd kill the service first.

-Open Services CP
-Set GJ service to disabled
-Reboot
-Uninstall

That's what I'd do.

Honestly if I were to uninstall it, I'd kill the service first.

-Open Services CP
-Set GJ service to disabled
-Reboot
-Uninstall

That's what I'd do.

Yes, you're right, of course. However, it seems to me the uninstaller should kill it first for me.

Back