• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal v4.0.0.5 beta

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/gj/SetupGameJackal4005.exe

Important information regarding the transfer of profiles.
Before copying the profile, you need to stop the Game Jackal server. Open the service manager, find the Game Jackal server and then select to "stop" the service.
Copy the profile over then restart the service. In the next release we will be provide tools to manage this from the start menu.

Release v4.0.0.5 - beta (2009-09-17)
  • Fixed an issue with the profiles not being deactivated on some occasions.
  • Fixed an issue with Securom protected games being profiled incorrectly.
  • Fixed issues with log file generation and export.
  • Updated Arabic language.
  • Many fixes and improvements to the interface.
  • Added profile map for "GTA 4".

Release v4.0.0.4 - beta (2009-09-14)
  • Fixed an issue with automatic capture mode. Securom is now being detected correctly.
  • Fixed an issue with exporting and importing profiles.
  • A number of user interface changes and fixes.
  • Add new start menu options to start and stop the Game Jackal service (Game Jackal Server).
  • Added profile map for "ArmA 2".

Release v4.0.0.3 - beta (2009-09-08 )
  • Improved reliability between the Game Jackal client and server.
  • Profile display order fixed.
  • Manually profile creation is better supported.

Release v4.0.0.2 - beta (2009-09-07)
  • Total rewrite to allow UAC and limited user accounts to be fully supported. In addition, this rewrite also address a number of blacklisting issues that have occurred with previous versions.
  • There are a number of things to note with this version.
    1. This version of Game Jackal can be installed alongside previous versions of Game Jackal. Profiles from v3 are compatible with v4. Simply shutdown v4 and copy profiles from the profiles library folder of v3 to the profiles library folder of v4.
    2. Game Jackal no longer runs at start up. You simply open the interface when you would like to use the application, and then close it when you're finished.
    3. Guardian control has been disabled due to compatibility issues. We are looking into ways to re-enable it for the final release.
    4. The Windows 7 style interface is now the standard Game Jackal interface, with the older interfaces now removed. There are plans to provide additional themes to the Windows 7 interface.
    5. Desktop shortcuts are not supported (nor can they be generated). This will be addressed in the next beta.
    6. The "Convert to Game Jackal profile" option is not supported. This will be addressed in coming next betas and will finally support both x86 and x64 platforms.

Last edited by a moderator:
An error occured in the application.

Hi! trying to get Game Jackal to work on Vista 64 bit, with 1 limited user (played with Task Sheduler but task always runs hidden, and Game jackal Plus, again task hidden)

- Send bug Report doesn't work, so when looking through the details, I noticed a red line on disasm tab

00551c5f mov ecx, [eax] :doh: (like I know what this means)

If you want the "Manager Bug report.txt" please let me know how to get it to you...

btw, My Specs: AMD Phenom II X4 810, 8GB Ram, 1TB RAID, 9800GX2

Also, tried to previous beta (4.0.0.4)

Hi! trying to get Game Jackal to work on Vista 64 bit, with 1 limited user (played with Task Sheduler but task always runs hidden, and Game jackal Plus, again task hidden)

- Send bug Report doesn't work, so when looking through the details, I noticed a red line on disasm tab

00551c5f mov ecx, [eax] :doh: (like I know what this means)

If you want the "Manager Bug report.txt" please let me know how to get it to you...

btw, My Specs: AMD Phenom II X4 810, 8GB Ram, 1TB RAID, 9800GX2

Also, tried to previous beta (4.0.0.4)

Yes email here

1. I am still unable to view my license key details with this version.

Desktop shortcuts are not supported (nor can they be generated). This will be addressed in the next beta.

2. That's actually a pretty big deal for me. As a fan of GJ, I hope this is rectified soon. Three new beta versions have passed since that message was written.

3. The Sims 3 (version 1.4.6.0001) requires a new profile map.

Last edited:
Windows 7 x64. I start GJ 4.0.0.4 or 4.0.0.5 and no UI appears. The splash screen appears and then the program just vanishes. Clicking on the shortcut again to start GJ then results in Manager.exe popping up with an error message.

Code:
An error occurred in the application.

I can't send the bug report in because it fails. Now, if I simply close application I'm fine because when this is occuring the UI has appeared from having used the shortcut the second time. So far this is the only way I can get 4.0.0.5 to be visible.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• GJ error 1.jpg
    GJ error 1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 141
  • GJ error 2.jpg
    GJ error 2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 139
Windows 7 x64. I start GJ 4.0.0.4 or 4.0.0.5 and no UI appears. The splash screen appears and then the program just vanishes.

You rebooted right? That happened to me at first. So I just waited, and eventually the UI screen appeared. Now it appears quickly whenever I run Game Jackal.

You rebooted right? That happened to me at first. So I just waited, and eventually the UI screen appeared. Now it appears quickly whenever I run Game Jackal.

Yes, I rebooted. This happens every time I run GJ. It has happened with both v4.0.0.4 and now v4.0.0.5.

Yes, I rebooted. This happens every time I run GJ. It has happened with both v4.0.0.4 and now v4.0.0.5.

If I were you, I'd try uninstalling Game Jackal 3 and 4 completely, rebooting, and then reinstalling 4.0.0.5, and finally rebooting again.

I am unable to reproduce this error message, unfortunately, on three different systems using Windows 7 x64 RTM.

I am crashing when GJ starts to make the profile running the 5 beta. Running Windows 7 64Bit RC. This is a fresh install of Windows 7 just installed last night.

It will not send the error report also, turned off the firewall and still will not send. It says connecting to server then it goes to (non responding) then it will time out. I need to CNTL-ALT-DEL to close GJ

I can send some screen grabs also if it helps, but I will need to email them.

I have not had any other versions of GJ installed since I reinstalled Windows 7.

I will email the Manager Bug Report to you.

Last edited:
Is it normal for game profiles to get more accurate each time they are executed? I'm asking because I just retried Jericho with this beta. At first, sector data was around 50%, and timing was around 25%. A few executions later, sector data is now 100% and timing is almost at 100%. I never updated the profile either.

Same thing with Command and Conquer 3, but I get a emulation detected error

Matthew,

When things settle down, I have a feature request. The add shortcut to desktop is nice and all, but, for Vista and W7, how about an add shortcut to games for windows directory so we can launch profiles from the games menu on the start menu?

LOL! :) Is it possible there's something conflicting on your machine?

I found where the trouble is stemming from. If the Profile Library is empty then it starts up fine and the UI appears. Place my profiles into the Profile Library folder and it bombs as I noted in my previous posts.

Well that's not good. :(

I deleted all my profiles and created a brand new profile for Batman Arkham Asylum. Now the UI works as it should. That said, I suspect it was the old profiles causing the problem. Possibly an issue occurring when the profiles were being scanned at startup of the program. I just don't know.

I deleted all my profiles and created a brand new profile for Batman Arkham Asylum. Now the UI works as it should. That said, I suspect it was the old profiles causing the problem. Possibly an issue occurring when the profiles were being scanned at startup of the program. I just don't know.

That's pretty screwy. I took over my Wolfenstein profile from GJ 3 and had zero problems with it. Well, at least you've got it working now I guess.

Back