• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Feature Request - Netflix Trailer downloads

Netflix uploads trailers to Youtube in 4K. Since AnyStream can only download 1080p, I would expect those to be better quality overall, even if you're watching on a 1080p screen.

(Admittedly, they may not be encoded as efficiently, so I sympathize that's what you're after for archival.)

It surprises me that people just don't get it. Anystream is basically what you see is what you get. You want to get a feel of how to use it, read Zero269's very nice "Unofficial" User's Guide. Then read a sticky or two and find out what the developer's have planned. As far as I see it, they have enough to keep them busy for some time.

I'm late on the conversation here -- but I have 1055 movies and TV shows from NtFLX/AZP and DiZ+ all HEVC 1080P downloaded with Anysteam then converted and put on my Plex server (synology ds920+ with 16TB drive space) -- I have every trailer right there when ever I need them as plex Auto populates then from the interwebs -- don't need Anystream for them --- Anystream is a workhorse for major content .. Trailers (in my opinion, and yes only my opinion) are a waste of developers time .... many more useful features should take precedence over this :)

upload_2021-6-29_21-15-29.png

Last edited:
I'm late on the conversation here -- but I have 1055 movies and TV shows from NtFLX/AZP and DiZ+ all HEVC 1080P downloaded with Anysteam then converted and put on my Plex server (synology ds920+ with 16TB drive space) -- I have every trailer right there when ever I need them as plex Auto populates then from the interwebs -- don't need Anystream for them --- Anystream is a workhorse for major content .. Trailers (in my opinion, and yes only my opinion) are a waste of developers time .... many more useful features should take precedence over this :)

View attachment 58429
You have my vote.

View attachment 58429
I agree completely. There are many other priorities for the DEVs, in my opinion..

There's not only trailers but also other bonus content. I'd like to download the Star Trek Short Treks, which are located at the trailer section with Star Trek Discovery. I don't think those are DRM free, as Firefox explicitly forced me to enable DRM to even start the video. Tested with "Calypso". Would be great, if AnyStream would let you download those.

View attachment 58429

I respecfully disagree. Unlike movies and series, high quality trailer downloads are extraordinarily hard to come by, and many streamers provide them in 5.1 audio where-as on YouTube they are always stereo. As someone who primarily collects trailers, not being able to use AnyStream to download them from streaming services is a dealbreaker for me :(

Another point why "trailer download" could be a thing:
There is e.g. the series "Arrested Development" where Netflix did a so called "remix version" of season 4 and declared this as the official one in their season selector. They moved the original version of season 4 to the trailers section, so I'm unable to download so far :/

Maybe this was done with other series, too?

Back