Feature Request - Netflix Trailer downloads

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by rpimonitrbtch, Oct 16, 2020.

1. rpimonitrbtch

rpimonitrbtch Member

Current version has no ability to browse or download trailers. This would be a nice to have.

jeromed and FunBoy87 like this.
  2. FunBoy87

FunBoy87 Member

I know how u feel about that me too definitely curious what every movie's trailers look like especially classic trailers lol

3. Prospere

Prospere RedFox Development Team

One can watch trailers in the browser. Why bother spending your download token for a trailer? Unless, of course, you'd like to add it to your collection.

RedFox 1 and Dissones4u like this.
  4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

Who are we to determine what a user may or may not "waste" their token on :) Unless you can add an option in settings perhaps to "download trailer when available" which would download the trailer (for free? non-token) with the first tv-show episode download (or full movie)

5. Prospere

Just was curious. We'll think about it anyway.

Aeneas72 likes this.
  6. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

I know, that was a rhetorical question ;)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

7. albino

albino Active Member

Netflix trailers don't have DRM, I just tested and was able to download them, so there's no need for AnyStream support.

zero269, RedFox 1 and Dissones4u like this.
  8. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

Can i take that as a confirmation to add to the list as "under consideration"?

9. Prospere

10. dragonmcmx

dragonmcmx New Member

As someone who collects high quality and 5.1 audio trailers (which are surprisingly hard to come by), I would love if you guys made this a feature. Same for Prime, which already has some trailers downloadable under extras, but only for some series and never for movies.

TDot3502 likes this.
  11. TDot3502

TDot3502 New Member

How exactly did you accomplish this? I've been trying on some trailers and can't figure it out. Please PM me if you're willing. Some trailers for Netflix originals are different on their site vs the YouTube ones.

12. koziolku

koziolku Member

Other than having 5.1 audio and/or being able to download all the language tracks for audio/subs, I don't see any issue with downloading trailers from YouTube so I'd rather like to see download queue or gather several audio tracks using single token.

Just my two cents. Good morning, btw. :)

13. TDot3502

TDot3502 New Member

Good morning.

I'm specifically referring to trailers for Netflix originals. There's a great deal to gain to me by being able to download them from Netflix and get higher quality, maybe 5.1 audio, as well as trailer versions only available on Netflix. As someone who collects trailers, I'd value that very much. I don't think it has to be an either or situation. Why can't we have download queue, several audio tracks, and trailers? :)

14. terminaltrip421

terminaltrip421 Active Member

I'm for spending tokens on trailers as I too have been know to collect them, one reason being sometimes they include scenes that don't make it into the film / show and youtube is the most common alternative and their video quality (IMO) is garbage.

15. rpimonitrbtch

rpimonitrbtch Member

if you pull up the page for a title in your web browser while you are not logged in, there's a json blob in the page source that contains urls for all of the trailers. (search for "supplementalVideos" and then keep scrolling right). Since extracting those urls is a bit of a pain, I cooked up this inelegant python script that dumps all the trailers it finds in the Netflix URL you give it. depends on beautifulsoup4 and requests (available in pip)

uploading with a .txt extension, since .py is blocked

Attached Files:

TDot3502 likes this.
  16. TDot3502

TDot3502 New Member

Thanks for that method!

Unfortunately it's not quite what I'm after. The resulting files are actually a little worse than the YouTube quality trailers as far as sharpness and compression. When you're logged in, the trailers are significantly better quality and in 5.1 (I suspect, I don't know this for sure). I am after a way to get those nice high quality versions.

17. zero269

zero269 Well-Known Member

Honestly, trailers are outside the scope of this program and Prospere makes the obvious point about why anyone would consider this as a feature.
    You can use any video downloader plug-in to download non-DRM content.

18. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I will second that.:rolleyes:

whatever_gong82 and zero269 like this.
  19. jeromed

jeromed New Member

I agree. I used to do the same for hard to find trailers on Amazon Prime (I'm a trailer maniac just like you). I'm wondering if there could be a power user option in AnyStream that would open a tab allowing you to visit Amazon or Netlix (or even a regional streaming service) so that you could play an unsupported video (trailer) and get the KEY/KID written to the log window. Then power users could take care of the rest.

20. TDot3502

TDot3502 New Member

Could you point me to one that will download the high quality Netflix trailers? If you guys don't want to add to the program then that's fine, but I've tried a bunch of stuff and can't download high-quality (emphasis on high quality here) trailers for Netflix originals from Netflix itself. I'll be satisfied if I can figure it out. Shoot me a PM if that's better. I'd just appreciate some guidance and I won't feel the need to keep asking. I've figured out Amazon Prime trailers, but the same method does not work for the high quality ones from Netflix.