• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request - For all providers

TibTibs

I have a request that is multi-part and you can choose which parts you think may or may not be important. These would be optional features, so users could choose to implement them--or not.

I would love settings to add "natural" human pauses during downloading.

1) A user set, static pause between each download. This would be one setting, but implemented fluidly for each provider. This would be realistic human behavior as many of us pause after an episode to grab a snack or use the restroom.

2) The ability to manually add pauses in the queue, provider specific. While I would sometimes love to download all 8 seasons of a show, I'm sure it doesn't look natural to stream all 8 seasons straight--or even 8 seasons of four different shows for that matter. Thus I would love to add an X hour pause between season 1 and 2, then a 10 hour pause while I "sleep", etc. This would allow us to preload large quantities in the queue while still looking "human".

2.1) Alternatively.... the ability to switch the user profile being used on a provider, then add more items to the queue, then switch back and add more items to the queue.... Mom and dad watched 2 seasons of this show, and then the kids logged in and watched 2 seasons of this show, etc etc. It would still look more human then one user staying logged in non stop for 22 hours watching 8 seasons straight with no pauses.

3) This may be overkill, but I will still suggest it. An on/off toggle for a random number of pauses (say 1-2 per 30 minutes of playtime) at random points in the track, for random amounts of time (say 30-120 seconds). This would mimic text/phone calls/restroom breaks/snack breaks/etc. (This may not be relevant as a certain amount of content downloads ahead of time, but I will leave that up to you to decide.) If this were implemented, the pauses could be calculated prior to downloading and added to the time estimation for the users sake.

I realize a lot of you are not as paranoid as me when it comes to automation. Personally I have automated a lot in my life, and generally only been caught when I overdid it and broke things. I have also had others automate my sites, so I had to consider how to prevent it. So I prefer to play it safe when I can. While creating a new account may be easy for some, I have been using my Azn for almost 20 years, and my H/L is provided by my phone company for free, so if it got banned I wouldn't be able to get it back. And my HM is a friends. Etc etc.

Last edited:
I feel this is much too paranoid a stance. And, I really find it amusing that with the entire forum thrilled about having a queue, and complaining that they cannot load seasons fast enough (everyone put off by having to add one-by-one to keep audio quality), or having to deal with token limits and asking for these limits to be rescinded, that along comes someone who wants to slow the whole procedure down with all kinds of artificial restrictions.

If anyone wants to look "human", just use 1x speed and be done with it. By doing so, you also solve the token limit issue as for the most part, they will regenerate faster than you consume them.

Keep in mind--if you looked under my title--that I am a new user (well I was til I posted this anyways). So the software just is what it is for me, nothing is new or a pain because I have nothing to base it off of. While I used AnyDVD 15 years ago, I am new to using AS. And, yes, I do use 1x speed. But using 1x speed 22h a day still does not look human. If other users want to download at the speed of light, I really don't care. But if they think the providers don't store every step we take in a database for future use they are fooling themselves.

This is just a feature request from a dev perspective rather than the typical user perspective. I am not your typical American who just wants to consume everything as fast as I can without any regard to what it costs me. We are already downloading faster then we can watch anyways, so what does it matter. And I have had my Spotify temp-banned for this same thing, though with a different software, so I was reluctant to give AS a go until I talked to a friend who uses the competitor software and said he has no issues.

Either way, it's just a suggestion and has valid reasoning behind it, even if you don't care about the reasoning.

Last edited:
While I find your requests reasonable, and I'm sure the devs will notice them, keep in mind that even with all the measures in place providers may still be able to identify users of AnyStream (by the way the software contacts the providers for example)

We have the possibility on each provider to download to see later "offline" that is enough for me to download unlimited files during 1 hour and not the rest of the day and look like human.
We don't know if they know that we see all or a part, because each time the provider ask me if I want to continue the movie around 10 min from the start.

While I find your requests reasonable, and I'm sure the devs will notice them, keep in mind that even with all the measures in place providers may still be able to identify users of AnyStream (by the way the software contacts the providers for example)

When I purchased it I personally used my copy of Charles to monitor the header/post information being sent out of the application to make sure my login information wasn't being sent somewhere else, but also to see what it was sending to AP, HL, DP, etc, and make sure it looked natural. It mimics the exact headers of the most recent Chrome version. That being said, they wouldn't be able to tell by that, but you are right. No matter how many measures are taken, there is always an amount of risk. I do worry that after DLing content it doesn't show it as watched and doesn't change my position in show episodes.

All of that being said,. In Azn's case, I don't think they care. I've literally had them refund me $400 when their guy delivered my 3D printer to another unit in my building, and they didn't even ask me to go look for it, or make me wait 20 minutes to see if someone would bring it by.... I had a refund within 5 minutes and someone brought it by within 10. But HL and DP and HM would be a little more stingy I'd think.

When I purchased it I personally used my copy of Charles to monitor the header/post information being sent out of the application to make sure my login information wasn't being sent somewhere else, but also to see what it was sending to AP, HL, DP, etc, and make sure it looked natural. It mimics the exact headers of the most recent Chrome version. That being said, they wouldn't be able to tell by that, but you are right. No matter how many measures are taken, there is always an amount of risk. I do worry that after DLing content it doesn't show it as watched and doesn't change my position in show episodes.

All of that being said,. In Azn's case, I don't think they care. I've literally had them refund me $400 when their guy delivered my 3D printer to another unit in my building, and they didn't even ask me to go look for it, or make me wait 20 minutes to see if someone would bring it by.... I had a refund within 5 minutes and someone brought it by within 10. But HL and DP and HM would be a little more stingy I'd think.
Welcome to the forum TibTibs:)

Back