Feature Req: MKV Dolby Vision

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by SamuriHL, Jul 22, 2020.

1. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

First, please see this:

https://github.com/cellar-wg/matroska-specification/issues/373

Dolby Vision storage inside an MKV container now has an "official" standard.

Given that, I would like to request that CloneBD be updated to support outputting to this new format. Player support for this is coming soon now that the support has been added to the standard. It would be great if I could re-rip everything with CloneBD.

2. Tanquen

Tanquen Well-Known Member

3. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

I have all my movies ripped to profile 4 TS files with ATMOS. I play them with Plex on my SHIELD. I wish to continue doing so in MKV format now that it's in the spec. I can use a competing program to re-rip them all, and will probably end up doing so, but, I'd prefer CloneBD for MKV creation.

4. Fabian

Fabian Developer

Dolby Vision in MKV will be added soon, it is already available in our internal test version.

Aeneas72, Steve55, John-John and 4 others like this.
  5. Kugelfisch

Kugelfisch Active Member

This is great news, THX!

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  6. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Awesome!!! That's fantastic news!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  7. Krawk

Krawk Well-Known Member

What do you consider an Oppo Clone? I have a true-blue Oppo, but I'm sure they've not implemented DV yet.

8. PSUHammer

PSUHammer Member

I love it! I just have to re-rip all my BDs now. LOL

9. Tanquen

Tanquen Well-Known Member

10. PSUHammer

PSUHammer Member

Has there been any word on this? I know MakeMKV v1.15.2 now supports adding the DV metadata. I am going to use that moving forward until CloneBD updates.

11. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

It's been radio silent for a bit from Elby. I've not seen any updates in a bit. Which usually means they're heads down developing.

Aeneas72 likes this.
  12. PSUHammer

PSUHammer Member

Figured. I am just getting a jump start on remuxing my UHD disks to ensure the metadata is captured. :)

13. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Alright, @Fabian now is the time. :p :D Plex has just unleashed a new beta that supports DV in MKV. :)

HT_Enthusiast and jwjohnson like this.