• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Req: MKV Dolby Vision

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
First, please see this:

https://github.com/cellar-wg/matroska-specification/issues/373

Dolby Vision storage inside an MKV container now has an "official" standard.

Given that, I would like to request that CloneBD be updated to support outputting to this new format. Player support for this is coming soon now that the support has been added to the standard. It would be great if I could re-rip everything with CloneBD.

I have all my movies ripped to profile 4 TS files with ATMOS. I play them with Plex on my SHIELD. I wish to continue doing so in MKV format now that it's in the spec. I can use a competing program to re-rip them all, and will probably end up doing so, but, I'd prefer CloneBD for MKV creation.

What are using now? I've been using the movie only ISO with no compression from CloneBD and then the Oppo clone to get Dolby Vision. The only issue I have is some random audio dropouts and little micro skips on a few titles. Would the KVM be better or just let you use more palyers?

What do you consider an Oppo Clone? I have a true-blue Oppo, but I'm sure they've not implemented DV yet.

Has there been any word on this? I know MakeMKV v1.15.2 now supports adding the DV metadata. I am going to use that moving forward until CloneBD updates.

It's been radio silent for a bit from Elby. I've not seen any updates in a bit. Which usually means they're heads down developing.

Figured. I am just getting a jump start on remuxing my UHD disks to ensure the metadata is captured. :)

Now, with the latest version of Kodi Matrix, we have DV support for mp4. All tested files work great with DV and Dolby Atmos. So, i beleive there will only be a short way to go for Kodi support of DV in mkv. The pull request in github is done for mkv with FFMEPG what is the base for DV in mkv with Kodi.

Now i hope we will have a new version of CloneBD with DV support in mkv soon....

^^ do MKVs created with makeMKV currently work with the Kodi?
I'm actually hoping someone has included Oppo in the loop as well. When I had chatted with them in the past about supporting forced subs in MKV streams, they said that as long as it is in the official spec, they would. At the time, it was not, but apparently it is now.

Looks like support was just added. I will be testing that out today. WOO HOO!

That would be a negative. I am not seeing any Dolby Vision output to MKV at all. The DV information is completely lost. :( So, that's a no.

fix: correct headers for mkv files with DolbyVision tracks

but AMD GPU support is still not mentioned :confused:

There's NO DV in the MKV output. Trust me, I looked with several tools. One of which could have fixed it but the data's not there. So something's not right.

Expectation:

Code:
Video
ID : 1
ID in the original source medium : 4113 (0x1011)
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration : 1 h 53 min
Bit rate : 57.1 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 24.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.287