• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Failed initialization

EricOSU

File Dumps attached

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.6.0_Dump_20220602205536.astdmp
    7.2 MB · Views: 2
File Dumps attached
Please put a bit more detail into your post, like what movies do this and do you get an error, if you want help you need to give me more information than just a dump file. .dump files can only be read by developers with special tools. Can you name the movie and tell us if this is happening on more than one, are those dump files all from the same movie? What provider caused this error?

Thanks for the dumps, the devs can take a look. But can you give some more informations?
-about your System (maybe you have only few RAM)
-the provider you used (if more than one, how many things were in your queue?
-what exactly happend when it crased? Have you done anything or were you only looking at it and then it crashed?

Also it might helpt to try the latest version 1.3.6.1, especially when you used P+.

Seeing that you are new to the program it would help if you read the Posting guidelines.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/posting-guidelines-please-read-before-you-post.84774/

Please create a log file. To do this look at the program screen. In the upper left hand corner, you will see the word FILE, press it. You will see " Create log file" create it. Then please upload it to the forum, it will give us a bit more information to work with. Thank you

Last edited:
Please create a log file.
I want to explain it a bit further, since only creating a logfile does help nothing (although I think that everything should be in the dump files already).

Please do the same things as you did before the program crashed.
Example: You want to download a specific movie on Amz but AS always crashes when you try that.
If so, open that movie on Amz and press download. Then, create a logfile.

If you only create a logfile without doing anything (right after opening AS), it will be empty.

Here's the issue, the error comes up with no rhyme or reason. It doesn't matter the movie as it is different every time. it says, failed to initialization of the stream and cannot proceed with the download. At which point all the queues stop downloading until you force out of the program and rebuild all your queues again. I am not new to the slyfox/redfox forums I attached the error log that is created when the software craps out.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.6.0b.astlog
    4.4 MB · Views: 4
Here's the issue, the error comes up with no rhyme or reason. It doesn't matter the movie as it is different every time. it says, failed to initialization of the stream and cannot proceed with the download. At which point all the queues stop downloading until you force out of the program and rebuild all your queues again. I am not new to the slyfox/redfox forums I attached the error log that is created when the software craps out.
Why don't you update to 1.3.6.1 and then try again, and I in turn will show your log file to the developers.

Does it happen when you do not use the queue?

Just a shot in the dark ... are you using some sort of VPN?
in the log there are some (rare) network errors indicating an unstable connection.
At the end of the log the connection seems to be broken completely

Thanks for those files.

Now your 3 dump files: 2 of them look like you performed a search and the crash happened then. That was an issue, that was fixed in beta 1.3.6.1 (and while I'm writing it, I'm noticing, that the fix was not added to the changelog).
The third one is a bit inconclusive, we try to keep the crash dumps small - the downside is, that they're sometimes difficult to interpret. But it might fall into the same category as the two other ones.
The crash happened, when you left-clicked on something presumably to the far right of the screen.

All three crash dumps have no relation to the effect you're describing and the log file you posted. They are entirely different things.

Your log file:
as @cartman0208 said, there are requests to the Netflix server failing with a rather uninformative reply "forbidden". This can point to Netflix identifying your IP as a VPN, but since your prior download seems fine, I'm not convinced.

Another explanation: it seems the download in question started almost exactly 12 hours after it was added to the queue.
It may be that the links to the download have expired by then (this is more of a trial and error deduction, it's not like the providers put a documentation of their protocols out there). Some other providers have this kind of expiry.
We can add some sort of refresh to handle that kind of situation.

Thank you all, I'll try the unofficial release and add more issues to the mix. The 3rd file log was just that with the error and stopped queue. And no VPN usage here. And Pete correct on the first two dumps they did happen on searches, two completely different issues just frustrating because usually RedFox software just works. But is sounds like the search issue might be resolved. Thank you again.

Did it again, error message: [Initialization error] Stream initialization failed. Cannot proceed with the download

No VPN
HBOmax download queue continues with no issues.
Netflix stopped and won't continue until you clear the queue.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.6.1.astlog
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Did it again, error message: [Initialization error] Stream initialization failed. Cannot proceed with the download

No VPN
HBOmax download queue continues with no issues.
Netflix stopped and won't continue until you clear the queue.
Yes, we are currently looking into your issue, thanks for posting, we have all the information needed.

Back