• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

exact backups

well... seems like he's more of an A hole than I thought. He replied agreeing to a refund if the discs are returned. I guess he wants to verify they failed. I argued it would cost more in shipping than they are worth but to no avail. I don't know any other way to contact paypal on this matter. I responded saying they are fake discs and shipping them back is unfair because of the shipping costs but he just responded back with the same message agreeing to a refund after return. Luckily, I can ship them on my work fedex account otherwise im not sure it would be worth it to return them. We ship to china all the time. We have like an 80% fedex discount. Ill post back here to let everyone know how much it cost to get an idea if anyone runs across this thread in the future thinking about purchasing these discs.
Maybe if you made a Youtube video of the failed discs and sent a link to him ???
I've dealt with sellers like this before, most times they just ignore me until I get PayPal involved, but at least he's talking to you.
Yah, sometimes it's just not worth the hassle for 30 bucks. :doh:

Verb stopped manufacturing. Damn. Glad i picked up a couple hundred DVD+R's then a 6 months back. The quality better not drop.

Verb stopped manufacturing. Damn. Glad i picked up a couple hundred DVD+R's then a 6 months back.
They stopped manufacturing of Blu-ray media.

btw. the MEI-T02-001 i've burned so far were excellent

y but the question is what about longterm. That's what i'm interested in

would you please provide an imgburn log from after the crossflash ?

the first time I had set to max but every time after i think it has been on 4x because I tried to burn it at 2x but was told it wasn't supported. The information on the disc code and verbatim not manufacturing blu ray anymore is interesting. I thought verbatim was the best you could get and now they along with others are getting the discs manufactured by panasonic makes me wonder the quality. In any way, the discs do not burn. The fail is always at the layer break. I've included a log from doing a final test burn which is being done on the cross flashed firmware version, note this asus burner would not even complete a DL burn until I flashed it and now it will complete but fails verification. something is going on during the write at the layer break. I'd be interested to know if maybe just the burner cannot burn DL media. I haven't tried any other DL discs and this is the first time I've tried. I may just stick to SL media until I upgrade burners. Weird though this is a brand new burner. anyway, heres the log:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7nqaCCJU_bcVENwYk1YcXVhcFU/edit?usp=sharing

i tried to post it directly here but it kept telling me I was trying to post 12 images. idk...?

Last edited:
what's that random string of numbers supposed to be. Certainly not an imgburn log

sorry. i was testing why it kept giving me the error. It wouldnt let me post the log. It keeps telling me I am trying to post 12 images and I'm only allowed 4. I have no idea.

and image is not an imgburn log either. You'll find the imgburn log at C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Log Files

it's called (hello) imgburn.log

and image is not an imgburn log either. You'll find the imgburn log at C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Log Files

it's called (hello) imgburn.log

ummm... ya i got that. that why i said i dont know why the hell it was giving me that error. i wasnt trying to post an image. i only copied the text from the log and tried posting it directly into the thread and it kept telling me i was trying to post images. so umm.. (hello) i wasnt trying to post images...

ummm... ya i got that. that why i said i dont know why the hell it was giving me that error. i wasnt trying to post an image. i only copied the text from the log and tried posting it directly into the thread and it kept telling me i was trying to post images. so umm.. (hello) i wasnt trying to post images...
Why not just attach the ImgBurn logfile to a post? (Keep your comments in your post. ;) ) It ain't a Zip file (like an AnyDVD logfile), but you should be able to attach it just the same...

Why not just attach the ImgBurn logfile to a post? (Keep your comments in your post. ;) ) It ain't a Zip file (like an AnyDVD logfile), but you should be able to attach it just the same...

eh i supposed I couldve. but I always run imgburn with the log open right under the program so I can see it. I find it easier to just copy the txt and paste it into the forums. I've never encountered that error before. Then I didnt even realize I could attach to the forum. some forums dont allow it and truthfully, i didnt look. just went to what I know. sorry if I made it difficult...

just thought I would post the resolution to all of this in case anyone comes across this in the future. I asked for a refund through ebay's resolution center, the seller offered a refund after returning the discs. I replied saying I shouldnt have to return them as it would cost more in shipping than what they are worth. Even on my company's highly discounted fedex account it would still cost $33 bucks to ship them back to japan. He responded back with the exact same response offering a refund upon return. I then escalated the claim to ebay's resolution department claiming the discs are not as described. The seller has these listed as "new" and according to ebay a "new" item is a "new, unopened, unused, undamaged item in original packaging" and these disc are opened and repacked by the seller, wrapped in plastic wrap and shipped. When I receive them, there are fingerprints all over them and even small pinholes in some (not sure if this is a manufacturing defect) but I claimed the seller should be made to list these as "new, but opened" and also since finding out that panasonic is now manufacturing these for verbatim that the seller should be required to list these as panasonic discs. Not sure if they will follow up on any of that or if they can even do anything about the manufacturer listing since they are still branded "verbatim" but ebay promptly issued me a refund.

I've seen some people say they work for them but they didnt work at all for me and I think in the future I will stick to unopened discs.

just thought I would post the resolution to all of this in case anyone comes across this in the future. I asked for a refund through ebay's resolution center, the seller offered a refund after returning the discs. I replied saying I shouldnt have to return them as it would cost more in shipping than what they are worth. Even on my company's highly discounted fedex account it would still cost $33 bucks to ship them back to japan. He responded back with the exact same response offering a refund upon return. I then escalated the claim to ebay's resolution department claiming the discs are not as described. The seller has these listed as "new" and according to ebay a "new" item is a "new, unopened, unused, undamaged item in original packaging" and these disc are opened and repacked by the seller, wrapped in plastic wrap and shipped. When I receive them, there are fingerprints all over them and even small pinholes in some (not sure if this is a manufacturing defect) but I claimed the seller should be made to list these as "new, but opened" and also since finding out that panasonic is now manufacturing these for verbatim that the seller should be required to list these as panasonic discs. Not sure if they will follow up on any of that or if they can even do anything about the manufacturer listing since they are still branded "verbatim" but ebay promptly issued me a refund.

I've seen some people say they work for them but they didnt work at all for me and I think in the future I will stick to unopened discs.
If you succeed it should be only because the package was opened. Panny lawfully manufacturing Verbatim discs, even with Panny media codes, doesn't turn them into Pannys; they're just lower-quality Verbatims. :eek::p

My set of blank Blu-rays arrived from Japan today and mine burned/verified fine. (or at least one did so far)
I suspect the OP's Light-On burner didn't like the media.

My set was taken out of the jewel cases and put in a book of plastic sleeves, but I always wash them off first with Dawn and dry with a microfibre cloth.

Even after that with strong magnifying glasses I did see what looked like very small scratches _ it turned out to be (as best as I can describe) sticky tape residue. Careful rubbing with the microfibre cloth from the centre towards the edge removed the residue.

I will be watching the burned disc tonight on my LG stand-alone and expect there will be no problems.
I will report back if there is. ;)

If I am using anydvd hd and want to make an exact copy, after ripping the BD to my HDD as an iso file can I just burn that iso or does it need to be rebuilt using something like bd rebuilder? I have been backing up my bd's to 25gb discs by ripping them to my hdd then rebulding them with bd rebuilder and I'm just not sure if that needs to be done with a DL disc backup.

How do you rippe the BD to your HDD as an ISO file with any dvd. Sorry about the ignorance, new at this.

How do you rippe the BD to your HDD as an ISO file with any dvd. Sorry about the ignorance, new at this.
Right-click the fox in the system tray, then choose "Rip to Image". (You can also use ImgBurn.)

It's simple

Rip to iso, start imgburn > burn iso back to disc. All done. IMGBurn will ask you to correct any setting it sees as "wrong" for bd.

What if you don't want to burn, but copy to a NAS without the trailers.:bowdown::bowdown:

then you need a tool such as BDRB or Clown_BD to remove the trailers. AnyDVD HD can remove trailers in a limited way too but it can result in unwanted behavior in some cases

then let whichever app you use fire up IMGBurn to build an iso

What if you don't want to burn, but copy to a NAS without the trailers.:bowdown::bowdown:

Imgburn can "burn" to an ISO file, Imgburn will change the settings to what is necessary as if you were actually burning the data to an actual physical blank.

You can also change the default location Imgburn writes image files to, let Imgburn write the ISO directly to your NAS.

Last edited:
Back